“Home away from home”

Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Houston
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

The Marriott was recommended to me since I needed to be closer to the National Cemetery.Little did I know that I would have all the comforts of home and then some . I loved the complementary breakfast every morning . The evening socials which also included a dinner was an extra pleasure .
My suite was always kept clean ,housekeeping made sure to replenish all my toiletries & snacks .
The staff was always ready to go the extra mile for their guest . Thanks for making my stay wonderful.
~ citygirlnhtown~

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
chris d, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. We really do our best to go the extra mile for all of our guests. I hope we see you again while you are visisting the Denver/Lakewood area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Eads, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

like most residence inns, it was spacious and comfy. The staff made sure to greet you as you passed the front desk. The area is quiet & the hotel may be a little difficult to get to if you don't map it out first. The breakfast was ok, but not great. Another downfall-our windows didn't open. They used to, but at some point stops were added. I bid on priceline, so they gave us the room by the elevator (hint to hotels-people who use priceline still write reviews), but we never heard the elevator. A mall and other shopping is south of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
chris d, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us, we truly appreciate the business. We hope to see you next time you are in the Lakewood area..

Chris
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

This staff friendly hotel is just what this weary traveler needed after a day on the road. I like the rooms here. They are clean and spacious. I’ve stayed in both the one bedroom and two bedroom units and both are good. The only thing I don’t like about the room is the height of the bathroom sinks. I feel like I’m sitting on the floor to brush my teeth. The shower curtain is curved and the water pressure was good. They hhan a TV in the living area and the bedroom with a great picture quality and plenty of channels. I would hhan loved the couch to bn a bit more comfy but either way I was glad it was there. They hhan a light snack some evenings that can easily substitute for a light dinner. However they don’t offer it every night which I find off-putting since then it becomes up to mn to learn their schedule or find that I arrived back at the hotel only to hhan to go out again for food. Also, I would appreciate having access to wine just a tad bit later in the evenings. It sure would bn nice after traveling all day. The breakfast is hearty and plentiful. I mentioned the staff and truly you just won’t find more friendly or helpful staff. Every time I’ve stayed there has been a great experience. I’m planning a trip again next month and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I'an never had a bad location and hhan stayed here 5 or 6 times. The hotel is off the main road...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
chris d, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us, we truly appreciate the loyal and repeat business. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay.

Chris
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

My son and I stayed here during an emergency move out from our house due to serious plumbing problems that needed immediate attention. Our life was in turmoil suddenly and we needed a place to stay with our dog. I booked the Marriott because of its reputation of being clean and updated and its history in my past of having excellent customer service. I have traveled all over the world and have stayed in Marriott a few times over the years. Sadly, when we checked in, the staff at the front desk were disorganized and angry - not at the customers - but at each other. Think the "Office" but at a hotel front desk. They were completely disorganized, had our reservation wrong, ran my credit card for the wrong reservation and argued with me about my having a dog and that I didn't make the reservation with a dog. Nonetheless, we finally got past that and went to our suite. Dirty and outdated is all I can say. Furniture and carpet stained, kitchen cabinets scratched and old, toilet running the entire stay. A good indication of a clean room to me is no dirt and dust and grime in the corners of the carpet - shows the maids are doing their jobs - not so here - filthy. The beds were not Marriott standard either and we wound up bringing our own blankets from home. We were able to check out earlier than we thought and getting the credit from the wrong reservation made was frustrating. There are two managers at this hotel on at the same time and it was obvious they hate their jobs and each other. They had no idea what the other was doing. This entire experience made our already stressed out life from the sudden move out of our house a nightmare. I do not recommend this hotel and I will never stay at another Marriott again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank belle6015
chris d, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
I want to sincerely appologize for the issues you had during your stay. I know your stay with us was caused by circumstances out of your control. Our goal is always to ensure our guests are 100% satisfied and we did not meet our goal during your stay. I would like to see if you and I could meet so I can try to make up for the issues you had during your stay. My team and I are committed to serving our guests and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I would love to discuss your stay with you further. Please feel free to contact me.

Chris Dougherty
St. Amant, La
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Denver/Lakewood to visit our son and his family. The entire staff at The Residence Inn were outstanding. Our 2 grandauthers spent two nights with us so having a queen suite with the fold out sofa bed and a fully equiped kitchen worked really well. Everyone enjoyed the hot breakfast served daily. Rooms were very clean. Will stay at this property when we return to Denver. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: the queen room with a sitting room was very comfortable with 2 small children. there were 2 televisi...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed here with family for a week and it was perfect. The rooms were clean, the kitchen was stocked with what we needed (slightly minimal but it worked) and the staff were very friendly. Clean towels etc were dropped off daily as needed and the entire hotel was clean and fresh looking.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Loma Linda, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed here while helping our daughter move into her college dorm. Our room was a queen suite. When you enter, there is a living room area to the left and a kitchen/dining area to the right. You go diagonally to a door to get to the bedroom/bathroom area. Overall, the layout was very functional. The kitchen had a two-burner electric stovetop, a microwave, full-size refrigerator and a dishwasher. The cupboards had adequate dishes, cups and utensils. There was a small table with two chairs for dining. Living room had a convertible sofa, TV, work desk with chair, etc. The separate bedroom was small, but adequate. The bathroom was well-stocked, although there was no hair dryer (front desk staff assumed that the previous occupant stole it). The bed was comfortable. We had two problems that made it difficult to sleep. First, since we were downstairs, we heard the people upstairs whenever they were walking around. Second, our room was relatively close to the lobby so we heard convesations and other noise when the staff came in to prepare breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, it was actually pretty good. It was an expanded continental breakfast that included scrambled eggs, sausage and potato wedges. The dining area was a decent size. Overall, the stay was not bad. Next time I would try to get an upstairs room, and I would try to make sure that I am away from the lobby.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the lobby.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family