“Go for the atmosphere, not the food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Elephant Bar - CLOSED

Elephant Bar
Cuisines: American, Bar, Japanese, International
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Go for the atmosphere, not the food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

The atmosphere is very safari inspired. The food is just not good and we have tried it a few times. So this is a good place to meet friends for drinks and maybe an appetizer but if you are looking for great food, skip it.
This last time, I ordered a dessert (because they are ALWAYS good, right?) that was a mistake as well. I ordered a fruit cobbler that sounded awesome but it was disapointing. Kind of just a glob of sweet mush, no real flavor.
However the Green Tea Spritzer was a VERY good, light, refreshing drink.

• Visited April 2012

Perth, Australia
“Great service, reasonably good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

We came early on a very busy Saturday night. Our waitperson was very attentive, the food was really pretty good considering how many things they have on the menu, my one complaint is that the french fries that came with my burger were a bit too much like McDonald's. Hand cut fries cooked crisp would have been much nicer. My husband had a shrimp platter and it was really enjoyable. If you like creme brulee, they do it quite well but be prepared for a huge dish of it (5" across!).

• Visited April 2012
Lakewood, Colorado
“Unique food at great prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I go here a few times a month, saving it for that special nite out. The atmosphere is great, it is like being in a safari hut and the people that work there are great. The food is a little mix of everything, they call it global. I see a few people complaining that they can make better food, while that may be true, this restaurant actually uses spices and additional flavors in the food, so it is definitely a notch above all the rest in the area.

If you are going around lunch or dinner, I highly recommend calling ahead, even if you will be there in 10-20 minutes. I have seen a wait list of 1 hour, with 8 open tables waiting only for people that call ahead.

Had to give only 4 stars as they do not have a prepared allergy list, and I have to check every time I want to try something new - sometimes I cannot order a specific food because they are not sure.

• Visited March 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Choices, choices, choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

I like the Elephant Bar, both the one in Albuquerque and the one in Lakewood, for the variety in its menu and its atmosphere. It is a good place to go on a date or in a group. The service is not consistently good, but the food is.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank LovesNM
Wisconsin
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

We eat here often, for lunch and dinner. We have always had great food and great service. Always take visitors to this place when they are new to town.