“Tried again”

Ranked #12 of 407 Restaurants in Lakewood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I thought I would try it out one more time (Even more grimmy on my first time out) I can't understnad how people can over look the filth. The bathrooms look like they've never been clean.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went there first time last week with a friend. Wow it was small hard to find a seat but the good. Had a salad and sandwich. Very good food worth waiting for a table

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I'm always on the lookout for good new breakfast places to try so was quite surprised when I discovered The French Press. It is definitely tucked away so if you didn't know to look for it, it's very easy to simply drive by without noticing it. The reviews I read were mostly favorable and their menu looked intriguing. While they offered some standard fair, they also have some unusual options.

Since I had been craving eggs benedict for weeks, I had to try their "Bennies" while my husband tried their "Corned Beef Bennies". I spent way more than I had expected to for two entrees, a regular coffee and a steamer ($26), but the portions were very large and the food was very tasty. My husband thought the corned beef was a little dry, but otherwise tasty. Definitely a nice place to visit once in awhile.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am a wholehearted believer in tripadvisor reviews and they did not lead me astray at the French Press. We had a difficult time locating the restaurant but I was bound and determined so I called. The girl on the phone was super sweet and helpful and she told us to look for the Hampton Inn, they were just across the parking lot from it. We had a party of 5 so seating was tricky but the helpful staff asked other patrons to shift a little so that we could all sit together. I had the Lox Benedict which was AMAZING. My husband had the veggie wrap, my mom an omelette, daughter pancakes and my other daughter had the all-american. Not sure where they get their bacon but it was BY FAR the best bacon I've ever tasted. The coffee was delicious (free refill on your first cup) and the food outstanding. We saw some lunch order start to come out while we were wrapping up and I will definitely be coming back to try out their lunch (Waldorf salad in particular looked delicious). I could go on and on but I would just continue to reuse the words amazing and delicious. Go there!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family and I have eaten at The French Press for many years. The owners, Bobbi and Cisco, are very customer focused and creative cooks. Their food is well conceived and well executed while maintaining high nutritional value. I recently had a buchwheat breakfast crepe with bacon and green chile. I scraped my plate for every last morsel. The BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato) sandwhich is delicious; comes with a side salad that can have raspberry-pistachio vinagrette dressing. The daily baked goods are outstanding. The scones never last past 8:30 am. They have a bold and medium coffee selection every day, selecting coffees from all over the world. Or you can order a french press pot of your own choice. Their selections of teas is equally wide ranging, brewed fresh in an individual tea pot. Everything I've ever had there was delicious. I can't say enough good things about it. If you are in the Lakewood area this is a must try place. Oh, and don't forget - they have free wi-fi as well.