“Great place!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Lakewood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 17, 2013

First of all, I don't think this place could ever deserve a one star rating, in the last review she even mentions that the food and service are excellent but still only gives them 1 star?

I've been in there on numerous early mornings, show up before they're open and you'll see them mopping. After they open while it's still slow they restock and clean, come during peak hours and you're lucky to get a seat. They're pretty busy and have white checkered floors, when it's snowy out the floors do get dirty but what are they supposed to do? Kick people out so they can clean?

Bottom line: if you want a great value for great food and coffee, in a laid back atmosphere this is your place. If you are picky about lamp shades being dusty you should go to one of the more expensive surrounding restaurants and pay twice as much for food of equal or lesser quality.

There are newer reviews for The French Press

Reviewed January 2, 2013

When they first opened it was fresh and clean and the food is still the same and customer service (food, customer service excellent)

The last few times I have gone in. The lamps have lots of grim and dust, the table and chairs are dirty with grim, their floor looks like it has never been cleaned, salt and pepper shakers with gross with grim.

I may go in to see if they've cleaned and if so I will eat there again but if no,t I will never go back.
I worked for three Greek men and when we were slow, they always said ""Chop, chop there is always cleaning to be done".

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was looking for a place to enjoy a good coffee and a lite breakfast. I found this place by accident and was looking forward to perhaps a crossiant w/butter & jam? A chocolate crossiant? Fresh warm brioche? Nothing of the sort! I was a bit stunned and the "counter girl" seemed perturbed that I attempted to ask for such a thing! Their wall menu seemed to have some nice items.....I just wasn't in the mood for something that heavy. Oh well, I settled for some sort of dense muffin thingy.....Guess I won't be back if a French cafe is not going to serve authentic french pasteries!!!!!
3 *** 'cuz the coffee was great!

1  Thank BEATTA V
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great cafe! Great breakfast ! Zucchini and pistachio pancakes yummy! Variety of food and bake goods .

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The food is also excellent - I had the breakfast wrap, sort of a gourmet breakfast burrito. A very spicy and tasty green chile smother, and a quirky, fun atmosphere. Totally recommend this for West Denver travelers.