“Extended Stay - Sad to Leave”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South
Denver, Colorado
“Extended Stay - Sad to Leave”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I only stayed at Extended Stay for 1 week but actually was sad to leave. I enjoyed my time there and my room. The room was clean, upbeat, had more than I was expecting (such as a nice flat screen tv) and the bathrooms were very clean and nice. My neighbors and other residents were very social and everyone was cool and laid back. I even had my room cleaned by housekeeping which was great. I had a great conversation with one of the cleaning personnel while she cleaned my room efficiently and effectively. I believe I got a lot more than is expected, considering the low weekly rate. I have stayed at other budget motels and could not wait to leave. This time I actually liked being there, inside the room and on the grounds. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I liked being on the 2nd floor in the center, although I have no other floor or area to compare it t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our associates made you feel welcome and that they were always available. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed January 17, 2013

From david to marina and the rest of staff. It was a very nice stay. Whenever we needed something they were there to meet our needs. Rooms were nice and comfortable and kept cleaned. We will go back if need a room for a length of time.

• Stayed December 2012
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property & staff. I'm so pleased to hear that our associates made you feel welcome and that they were always available. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Inman, South Carolina
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The staff at this facility is just great, I had a very pleasent stay! By the end of the second week the staff were calling me by name. They really made me feel at home they gave good advice on local traffic and the best places to eat. They whent out of their way to ensure I had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: I was at this hotel for four months, I stayed in several different rooms they were all great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we have provided you with that home away from home feeling. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Having been a resident now since March of 2010, I can safely say that this place is Home! It was initially meant as an in-between place, but as is evident by the length of my stay, it has become so much more. The staff is always beyond receptive and friendly and the management is quick to make time if there is even a slight issue. Not only was everything already completely to my liking, but the new beds and new televisions make things even more appealing. There is a full size refrigerator, a stove and a microwave. The Housekeeping staff keeps my room spotless which, they can attest to, is not an easy thing to do! Honestly, not only do I live at this property, but, when I go home to visit family and friends, I ALWAYS stay at the Stay America located in my mothers hometown! The last thing I can really attest to is that I have never had any issues/complaints as far as any noise problems and I am never bothered at all. Money aside, I truly recommend this place to anyone who needs to stay for one night, one week, one month, or like me, well over One year!

Room Tip: Try and get rooms on the back side of the property. I have been in the same room for over 2 1/2 yea...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Lakewood South. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. I am very glad that myself and my staff made you feel at home! We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, myself and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've stayed at just about all the Stay America motels and for the budget that I'm on this one fits it.
It may not be the quality that some of the hotels that are around this one but considering that I've been fighting cancer and it's close to family and not that far from the hospital, I've got no complaints whatsoever! The room service has been great and the staff have been very friendly.
except for the wi-fi speed which they are upgrading, it's a good bang for the buck.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dale W
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property Dale. I'm glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us here at Extended Stay Lakewood South. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 3, 2012

not the wost place to stay but they need to do something about the fire alarms going off everyday that i stayed there 5 days in all and kids running around screaming people arguing all night long the firemen were there more than i was i will not be going back there i stayed there before and there were no problems

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kevin642
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel.  We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations.  However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have stayed at Extended Stay Americas years ago and had thought they were a neat idea for having a studio apartment while in vacation. First of all, you could tell by the people hanging out outside that these were residents, not vacationers or business travellers. Our room was in the back of the building and my wife and I both got an unsafe feeling and that we wouldn't want to come and go after dark. Our room was tiny for what I'd expect in an "extended stay" option. No loveseat or couch for viewing tv, you'd have to be lying in bed. The kitchen cabinets were the cheap white laminate style, which would be ok except that the laminate was delaminating from the bottoms of all the base cabinets. There were stains on the countertop. The bathroom was tiny. We were supposed to stay for 3 nights, but only stayed one and went to the Holiday Inn next door and gladly paid the extra $40 a night. It's not worth the cheap price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Montyd72
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel.  Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, a clean room and comfortable surroundings. I apologize if you found your room to be on the smaller side and the property to be unsafe. As this hotel's General Manager, I can assure you that we take our guests safety very seriously and monitor the grounds regularly. As well, our rooms are designed to provide a "home away from home" atmosphere complete with basic amenities, a kitchenette and sleeping arrangements. All of these items are offered and in place to ensure guests have a wonderful experience while staying with us.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.