“Great staff”

Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed here recently for 2 nites and 3 days. The hotel is easy to find with plenty of parking. We arrived to find a clean and lovely room waiting for us. Too tired to drive around to find a place to eat, we went downstairs to the eatery attached to the hotel and had an excellent meal served by a great staff. Had breakfast the next morning (Caytlin was our terrific waitress) to an equally tasty and beautifully presented meal. That night we ate dinner again there and were very pleased. The hotel staff was always helpful for our stay and we would recommend this hotel highly. Easy on and off from 285 to jump onto C-470 and I-70 or I-25 (don't go thru town as the traffic is crazy and more traffic lights than you can stand!). We'll go back on our next getaway to Denver.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor so the noise was minimal
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for your recommendation (and great driving directions!)

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on business and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was updated with modern decor and the rooms are clean. I was invited to the Managers Reception on the 6th floor which was a nice treat with free drinks and some appetizers. The service was great at the reception desk. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind recommendation. Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations from service, to amenities and overall experience. It's a pleasure to hear when we've done just that. Safe Travels!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I know people laugh at the idea of "status" with the Holiday Inn chain, but my Priority Club visa got me quite a few perks last week. My husband had a conference to attend at the hotel and we arrived around 9:30 a.m.--I assumed I would hang around the lobby, maybe go for a drive, just fiddle around until whatever check in time was. But when we went to the front desk and showed our loyalty card and branded credit card, we were given immediate access to a room on the "club" floor. What a difference that made it my comfort for the day--especially seeing that normal check in time was 4:00 p.m.! A really wonderful breakfast was included on the club floor as well. And the front desk staff was just exceptional--very professional, courteous, efficient. All in all, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed the 'perks' of being an IHG Rewards member! Your comments are appreciated.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed a couple nights midweek, hotel is as nice as any holiday inn. What sets this one apart is if you stay on Wednesday and are a rewards member, they have the best reception of any in the chain I've seen. They had excellent appetizers and an open bar. Quite a surprise and different than most. So get your rewards card and stay here. Karen is great and is there to help with any questions. Just a great different benefit that most hotels don't have.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you! We are so pleased you enjoyed our Wednesday Night Manager's Reception. We will also pass along your kudos to Karen.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Whenever the wife and I stay in Colorado, we stay here. We never had a bad stay. The hotel is centrally located and close to Denver, and Red Rocks. Spacious rooms, comfortable beds, smoking rooms. Great rates.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for continuing to choose Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood when travelling to the Denver area. We appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The room was very spacious and clean. Room temperature was excellent. Breakfast was outstanding - some of the best biscuits and gravy I have ever had. I will make it a point to stay there everytime I am in Lakewood.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind recommendation. We look forward to your next trip to the Denver/Lakewood area!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

You'd think a motel chain the size of Holiday Inn would have a clue: travelers like a free breakfast with their overpriced lodgings. But not this place. Not only does it not have a cardboard cup of free instant oatmeal, it doesn't even offer complimentary coffee in the lobby. Not that it's easy to even FIND the lobby. The first time I ventured downstairs I took the wrong elevator and wound up in the housekeepers' break room in the basement. No wonder the room was packed with employees -- nobody seemed to be doing any cleaning in this Holiday Inn. So the next time I needed to go to the main floor I descended the stairway. When I opened the ground floor door I stepped into a grassy depression behind the building. By then I'd realized this place was designed by someone with spatial relationship handicaps. The light switches weren't in the right place to find in the dark. Wall plug-ins impossible to find. The second morning my search for coffee led me to the hotel bar, where I waited 10 minutes for two styrofoam cups of lukewarm swill after forking over $5! And on our final morning the housekeeper neglected to leave us even the pitiful envelope of instant Joe Holiday Inn guests must make with a 1970s-vintage noisy plastic machine. I suppose the housekeeper was still downstairs in the break room when she should have been tending to customers or maybe vacuuming the Doritos lingering in the elevator for the duration of our trip. If you ever stop here -- I hope you don't -- be careful navigating the access road. It's easy to miss it and be headed back eastwards on Hwy. 285. Actually, it would be better getting misdirected and never finding the Lakewood Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

First, please accept our apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. We do not want to respond with 'excuses' -- as we pride ourselves on providing excellence in services and amenities, and there is no excuse for not. We would, however, like to provide some clarifications for you as well as other guests reading this review. Holiday Inn Express hotels do offer complimentary coffee and continental breakfast, but Holiday Inn's (such as us) do not as we do offer a full service restaurant (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and room service. Our in-room coffee pots are 4 cup coffee systems.
We do have a service elevator at the East end of our building (which holds a sign stating 'staff only) and it does go to the break room (we have no basement in the hotel). Our housekeeping staff are in the break room before their shift (before 9am) or for lunch.

We are not perfect. though we certainly strive to be. When we make an error, our goal is to admit it and look for the quickest most efficient way to resolve it for our guests. We DO appreciate guest feedback... we learn from it and hope to earn your trust again on a future visit to the Denver area.