“Great customer service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado
“Great customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I know people laugh at the idea of "status" with the Holiday Inn chain, but my Priority Club visa got me quite a few perks last week. My husband had a conference to attend at the hotel and we arrived around 9:30 a.m.--I assumed I would hang around the lobby, maybe go for a drive, just fiddle around until whatever check in time was. But when we went to the front desk and showed our loyalty card and branded credit card, we were given immediate access to a room on the "club" floor. What a difference that made it my comfort for the day--especially seeing that normal check in time was 4:00 p.m.! A really wonderful breakfast was included on the club floor as well. And the front desk staff was just exceptional--very professional, courteous, efficient. All in all, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed the 'perks' of being an IHG Rewards member! Your comments are appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed a couple nights midweek, hotel is as nice as any holiday inn. What sets this one apart is if you stay on Wednesday and are a rewards member, they have the best reception of any in the chain I've seen. They had excellent appetizers and an open bar. Quite a surprise and different than most. So get your rewards card and stay here. Karen is great and is there to help with any questions. Just a great different benefit that most hotels don't have.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you! We are so pleased you enjoyed our Wednesday Night Manager's Reception. We will also pass along your kudos to Karen.
Titusville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Whenever the wife and I stay in Colorado, we stay here. We never had a bad stay. The hotel is centrally located and close to Denver, and Red Rocks. Spacious rooms, comfortable beds, smoking rooms. Great rates.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for continuing to choose Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood when travelling to the Denver area. We appreciate the feedback!
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

The room was very spacious and clean. Room temperature was excellent. Breakfast was outstanding - some of the best biscuits and gravy I have ever had. I will make it a point to stay there everytime I am in Lakewood.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind recommendation. We look forward to your next trip to the Denver/Lakewood area!
Duluth, Minn.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

You'd think a motel chain the size of Holiday Inn would have a clue: travelers like a free breakfast with their overpriced lodgings. But not this place. Not only does it not have a cardboard cup of free instant oatmeal, it doesn't even offer complimentary coffee in the lobby. Not that it's easy to even FIND the lobby. The first time I ventured downstairs I took the wrong elevator and wound up in the housekeepers' break room in the basement. No wonder the room was packed with employees -- nobody seemed to be doing any cleaning in this Holiday Inn. So the next time I needed to go to the main floor I descended the stairway. When I opened the ground floor door I stepped into a grassy depression behind the building. By then I'd realized this place was designed by someone with spatial relationship handicaps. The light switches weren't in the right place to find in the dark. Wall plug-ins impossible to find. The second morning my search for coffee led me to the hotel bar, where I waited 10 minutes for two styrofoam cups of lukewarm swill after forking over $5! And on our final morning the housekeeper neglected to leave us even the pitiful envelope of instant Joe Holiday Inn guests must make with a 1970s-vintage noisy plastic machine. I suppose the housekeeper was still downstairs in the break room when she should have been tending to customers or maybe vacuuming the Doritos lingering in the elevator for the duration of our trip. If you ever stop here -- I hope you don't -- be careful navigating the access road. It's easy to miss it and be headed back eastwards on Hwy. 285. Actually, it would be better getting misdirected and never finding the Lakewood Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
First, please accept our apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. We do not want to respond with 'excuses' -- as we pride ourselves on providing excellence in services and amenities, and there is no excuse for not. We would, however, like to provide some clarifications for you as well as other guests reading this review. Holiday Inn Express hotels do offer complimentary coffee and continental breakfast, but Holiday Inn's (such as us) do not as we do offer a full service restaurant (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and room service. Our in-room coffee pots are 4 cup coffee systems.
We do have a service elevator at the East end of our building (which holds a sign stating 'staff only) and it does go to the break room (we have no basement in the hotel). Our housekeeping staff are in the break room before their shift (before 9am) or for lunch.

We are not perfect. though we certainly strive to be. When we make an error, our goal is to admit it and look for the quickest most efficient way to resolve it for our guests. We DO appreciate guest feedback... we learn from it and hope to earn your trust again on a future visit to the Denver area.
Pueblo, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The front desk was very nice. I was there for a weekend work project and not sure how many days me and my team would be staying. They were very friendly and worked with us. The rooms were clean and the bed was very nice. I find that the pillows were just right. I didnt notice anything that I really could complain about. The fireplace in the lobby was perfect to warm us up prior to our trip to the Mine we were working at. I would stay on business again... Family my be differnt. The hotel resturant was not very inviting... seemed to have a lot of locals who were more intersted in smoking and drinking so we ate twice at Old Chicagos across the street.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent 'stay for business.' We DO cater as well to families and leisure guests and found your comments regarding our local clientele and restaurant very interesting. We will look for ways to ensure our restaurant (Sporting News Grill) is welcoming to all of our hotel guests as well as locals that enjoy an evening out with us.
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed 6 nights. Upon check-in was given a "non-smoking" room with strong order. Front desk sent up an employee with a bottle of Febreze, did not correct the problem. Called back down to desk and they gave us another room. The employee went to get keys, but he did not even offer to help move us to the other end of hotel. Clean towels were left on back of toilet or just on the counter, coffee pot was not cleaned and new coffee cups were not left. On the last day of our stay, housekeeping finally gave us the compete set of toiletries, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and mouthwash.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
We appreciate your feedback and your comments have been shared with our Housekeeping and Guest Services teams. Our goal is excellence in service and experience. The best way we've found to acheive this is truly listening to our guests, especially on areas where we can improve. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.