“Poor housekeeping, need to work on customer service”

Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed 6 nights. Upon check-in was given a "non-smoking" room with strong order. Front desk sent up an employee with a bottle of Febreze, did not correct the problem. Called back down to desk and they gave us another room. The employee went to get keys, but he did not even offer to help move us to the other end of hotel. Clean towels were left on back of toilet or just on the counter, coffee pot was not cleaned and new coffee cups were not left. On the last day of our stay, housekeeping finally gave us the compete set of toiletries, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and mouthwash.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and your comments have been shared with our Housekeeping and Guest Services teams. Our goal is excellence in service and experience. The best way we've found to acheive this is truly listening to our guests, especially on areas where we can improve. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here for a week and the place is great. The executive lounge was great for breakfast! The room was cleaned well every day. The restaurant was reasonably priced. Used the office, nice and quiet. Highly recommend!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood for your extended stay. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay and all of our amenities.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a very nice Holiday Inn and they've done many upgrades. The room was clean and comfortable...the breakfast was nice with a good assortment. I've stayed here many times when working for the State of Colorado and it continues to improve. We had a comfortable King with King-sized pillows...not four standard pillows. There was a small refrigerator in the room. There is a good sports lounge downstairs and an Old Chicago restaurant across the parking lot. Many places to dine in the area...we chose a Melting Pot restaurant in Littleton (separate review). The desk staff were very helpful and at checkout I reminded them housekeeping forgot sugar and creamer with the coffee pot. It was a minor inconvenience and we still had a very good stay. This is a very good location and there are many things to do in the area. We visited the Denver Museum on Sunday and I had a VA appointment Monday morning.

Room Tip: Become an IHG Member...they treat you very nice. I suspect all rooms are good. We were on the 3rd...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, your accommodations, and found our location convenient to meet your needs. Safe Travels, until we see you again in Denver.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here for one night on August 23rd as a stop over. The Hotel is exactly what you would expect from a quality chain. The room was clean and comfortable, access to major highways is convenient but there's were some issues with construction in the area while I went through.

My only issue was with the check in. I had booked the room in advance and upon arrival I was told I had 2 room reservations. I said it must have been a mix up on the part of the booking agency. I had seen a double billing on my charge card and talked to my bank who had credited my account already. At this point the clerk told me that wasn't good enough and I needed to call the booking agency myself or I would still be billed for 2 rooms. I have traveled many, many times in my life and know that this sort of thing happens occasionally, and is usually easily corrected. What I didn't like was the way the person treated me. I got the impression she thought I was at fault and if I didn't follow her instructions I would be sorry, and in fact I should be sorry already for causing her such trouble. After being on the road for 10 hours I could have used a little less attitude.

I like Holiday Inn and think they are one of the Best chains available. This one is nice, has an attached sports bar/restaurant and is close to plenty of other restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bigbrush54
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for your review and comments. We truly appreciate the feedback and would like to apologize that you felt in any way frustrated during the check-in process. This is certainly not acceptable. As you mentioned, 'gitches' occassionally occur... our goal (and the guests) is to quickly and efficiently resolve the concern and move on to enjoy a restful evening. We will certainly review our service standards with our entire front desk team to ensure your experience is not repeated. We do appreciate your patience and understanding as well as your recommendation of Holiday Inns.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

For my husbands 50th, our daughters surprised him with tickets and airfare to Red Rocks to see Further. We try to always stay at Holiday Inns so I selected this one due to the close proximity to the amphitheater. When I made our reservations, I mentioned his 50th and requested a room upgrade if possible. When we checked in, they did give us an upgraded room but explained they didn't have any suites due to a wedding that weekend. Our room was nice and we were on the executive floor that included several amenities. We had gone out for a few hours and upon returning to our room, we found a chocolate cake, card and gift bag from the front desk staff. Never in all of our travels, have we found such acommodating staff. The attached bar/restaurant was clean and the bartender was great. We only had a few drinks, no food since there are so many places to eat in the area. I would recommend staying at the Lakewood Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not near the elevators, less noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood for your husbands 50th Birthday excursion to Red Rocks Amphitheater. It was truly a pleasure to a be a part, in some small way, of your special day. Safe Travels!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Worst customer service EVER.I highly recommend not staying at this hotel. Lost our reservations and tried to cut our stay because they overbooked the rooms. They say one thing and do something different. Very not impressed at all.

• Stayed: September 2013
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Please accept our apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations. Be assured that we will share your review with our entire team -- we'll learn and grow from this experience and ensure it is not repeated. Thank you for your feedback and we hop to have another opportunity to impress you on your next stay in the Denver area.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great full service hotel in Lakewood. Great staff and wonderful place to stay one night. I would recommend this hotel to any one when visiting Lakewood. It is clean and close to many places. Bartenders were very nice and went out of their way to make our stay a comfortable one.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

So glad you enjoyed your stay.