“Modern and clean”

Courtyard Denver Southwest/Lakewood
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Whoever said that this hotel had "dark carpets, dirty windows" must have been in a dream. The hotel looks like it just went through a modern renovation. Carpets are brand new, as is the lobby. The lobby had an easy to use business center, and was decorated very nicely as were the rooms. I stayed two nights here on business and would stay again. The beds were very comfortable, though a little small. No complaints here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank AB_NYSE

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel is out a ways from downtown Denver but close to a couple of malls and many choices to eat. The hotel front staff are very friendly and helpful and the lobby etc. is very clean. My room was very clean and nice with a nice balcony, however housekeeping was horrible, I left the first morning at 8 AM and returned at 430 PM and my room wasn't made up etc. I had to call down to have it done, I found out later my travel partner's room wasn't cleaned very good either his used towels were left in the room. The air conditioner in my room on low heat within 30 turned my room into a sauna.
I don't know if I would stay here again or not.

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel March 2014 on business for 3 nights. This place is a little dated, dark carpets and decor, and the window were very dirty.
As i did not have my own transport, i was a little isolated. No shops within walking distance. Went down to breakfast on the first morning and walked away after 10 mins. The person behind the counter was so busy sorting out other peoples food, They were not interested in serving me.
And after that i had breakfast elsewhere the rest of the time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony! Ask for a room away from the freeway
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Like the Marriott Courtyard but disappointed that they took away the free breakfast. Also, arrived in time for lunch and needed something quick. They do not offer anything at lunch time. Prefer a full service hotel. Will think twice before staying at another Courtyard. Otherwise hotel is fine. Good bed good pillows just wish they hadn't changed the restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
DENLKGM, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking time for write a review. I am sorry you were disappointed in the restaurant. We do offer fresh food made in our restaurant in our market area for quick grab lunches. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay otherwise. Please visit us again in the future. Warm Regards, Jessica

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Spent 5 days here. Very nice, clean, nice location, friendly staff, good price, would stay here again. Now my only problem was it was a little difficult to find. Streets are a little confusing if you come in from Wadsworth. I fussed a little to the staff that I drove around about 30 min. looking for it and asked for a couple of beers for my troubles. They gladly bought me two. A great plus. The only other negative was, I believe it is about time to change the beds. I felt like I was rolling off the side of the bed. It was the alarm clock side.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Howell D

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am sorry getting to the hotel was confusing for you. We are looking into signage on 285 for next year. I also apologize for the mattress - I have looked into getting a new one for the room you stayed in. I'm glad to hear my staff took care of you and your stay was enjoyable. Please come back again see us again in the future. Warmest Regards, Jessica

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights end of August 2013 on a tour of the Rockies and then canyonlands utah.. Was clean modern and comfortable , a nice quiet area.. You could use this as a great base for exploring the denver area and there is restraunts nearby also and one on site we used for a good breakfast.. There is also a bar on site but we found this a little overpriced.

Room Tip: Top floors some have balcony s ... We had a bottom floor but was still very pleasant
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your time to provide us your comments! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us again in the future. Warm Regards, Jessica

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The hotel is typical of other Marriott properties. What I especially enjoyed on this trip was the Bistro. It's just a small counter with bar/food, but the french dip sandwich was great for a quick dinner. For breakfast there were coffee, pastries, and great breakfast sandwiches. The "healthy start" sandwich with egg whites, spinach, havarti cheese and turkey was a fantastic start to my day.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to write a review - we appreciate your time. I'm glad you liked the Bistro - the Healthy Start sandwich is one of my favorites as well! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again in the future. Warmest Regards, Jessica