“A Sheraton Hotel never disappoints me”

Sheraton Denver West Hotel
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 6, 2011

As expected from a Sheraton Hotel, the stay was perfect. I used this hotel as a night stop after long flight from Europe to avoid to drive from Denver Airport to Vail at night...

I found an offer for 69 USD`+ taxes and I got a room in the 10th floor with view to the city of Denver.

The bed as all Sheraton Hotel was a Sweet Sleeper which I love it.

Check-in fast and very friendly staff.

I had dinner to in the restaurant of the hotel and also the staff was very friendly.

Free parking and wifi.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
SheratonDenverWest, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Thank you very much for your review. It pleases us so much to know that a guest like yourself passing through, can stop and stay and be at home with our caring staff. We are also glad to hear you enjoyed your dinner in our Red Rocks Grille.

Thank you for letting everyone know about our free parking and wifi as well.

We hope to host you here at the Sheraton Denver West hotel again sometime soon!!

Reviewed January 25, 2011

Stayed here for one night before heading out to the mountains for skiing. Since this was a fairly quick in and out I can't speak much to the amentities but the rooms were nice and clean and the check-in service was good. My biggest complaint is that the walls seemed a little thin. It wasn't the nicest Sheraton I've stayed in by any stretch but wasn't bad - overall a good value for the price.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear the rooms and service were to your satisfaction and that you felt your stay was a good value.

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Sheraton Denver West is a great value with a great location in proximity to the foothills, Red Rocks etc.
We stay here every time we are in Denver, and have never been disappointed. Nice size rooms, always clean and super friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank mTnsmiths2k

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are so glad to hear you stay with us each time you come to Denver!

We can't wait to host you again!

Reviewed January 12, 2011

The staff was very friendly. Comfortable room with everything I needed. Easy access, although you have to make a U-turn if coming from the highway. Seemed to be plenty of places nearby to eat. Bar in the hotel had decent happy hour specials too.

My only negative: I went to the business center to print my boarding pass immediately after I checked out, but I was already barred from the hotel's internet . . . even on their computers. Maybe that's typical, but it was unexpected.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased that you were happy with our staff, the room and the happy hour specials in our lounge. We are very sorry about your experience in the Link @ Sheraton experienced with Microsoft. It is true that after checking out your access to the internet is handled differently. Once you check out, the internet code previously used will no longer work. But as our guest, you should have been given an alternate code that you could have used in the Link to print your boarding pass. We apologize for that information not being clearly communicated.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you at the Sheraton Denver West in the near future.

Reviewed November 18, 2010

Spent one night here in Nov. SPG platinum status got an upgrade to a one BR suite - kind of 70's Asian cowboy bachelor pad motif. And then there are the birdcages. Hum...

Nice staff. Common areas are standard issue Sheraton. Starbucks in the lobby. Easy parking. Short ride to downtown. Lots of shopping and restaurants across/down the street.

Not hip, but comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2010
SheratonDenverWest, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2010

Thank you very much for your recent review. Your photos are fantastic! We wanted to respond and let you know that we are currently working on the design plans for our new suites as the complete demolition and renovation of all 4 suites will be taking place in the near future. We sure hope you will be back again to see the new and improved updated suites once complete!! Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed October 30, 2010

I selected this hotel because they offer complimentary shuttle to the surrounding local area. We asked to be taken to the Coors Brewery. The shuttle driver obliged, as he dropped us off he handed us a card with the hotel number to call when we wanted to be picked back up. When we called the hotel to be picked up, we were told it would be 20 minutes. It never happened, even after calling several more times and getting responses that were short and curt and being told that the hotel never takes guests to the brewery and the hotel had made an exception for us. We were told that the shuttle driver should have told us we were to get a cab for our return ride to the hotel (I'm sure that's what he meant when he handed us the hotel card). We ended up waiting over 2 1/2 hours for the hotel shuttle and had to finally find alternative transportation. It's very disappointing when a hotel makes no attempt to remedy a situation that they are responsible for and then further tries to place the blame on the hotel guest. To further add insult to the injury, after my sister talked to the front desk staff that evening, they asked what they could do for us and when we asked about a discount on a massage were told they would have to check in the morning with the manager, which we never heard back from. A simple phone call the next morning to communicate that this was not possible would have been appreciated, but instead they elected to ignore us...again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
SheratonDenverWest, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2010

Thank you very much for posting your review. We truly apologize for this horrible inconvenience. We do offer complimentary shuttle service within a five mile radius of the hotel. Your review has given us the opportunity to discuss with our front office manager the importance of each and every associate communicating clearly with our guests. We apologize that this did not happen for you during your stay. We have added verbiage to the front office scripting so that each associate can be clearer about our shuttle service to make sure nothing like this happens again. We are also sorry that our front office associates cannot authorize the compensation of a complimentary massage. Again, we deeply apologize for your experience as well as the lack of communication by our associates. I assure you this has been implemented into our training sessions and will be dealt with accordingly. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have another opportunity for you to stay with us again so we can truly show you how much we do care for our guests!

Reviewed October 14, 2010

My family and I travelled to Lakewood so my wife could attend a job interview. We live several hours away, so I booked the hotel so my 3 1/2 year old daughter and I could stay in the room in the morning, while my wife drove a short distance for her interview. We arrived the night before and were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the hotel. We used the swimming pool / hottub area, which was very clean and our daughter had a blast.

On the morning of the interview my wife went to leave in our vehicle to find it had been broken into overnight and our GPS stolen from our windshield... We both feared she may not make her interview on-time, but the hotel staff came to our rescue. First the front desk manager made the hotel shuttle immediately available to my wife to get her to / from her interview. She made it on time and the interview turned out well (still waiting on word about the job.) Next the front desk clerks entertained my 3 1/2 year old daughter while I spoke with the police (who they called for me) and filed a report. The officer was abolutely suprised about the event and said they never have any car break in problems in this part of town or at this hotel. I believe him as everyone from the waiter to the housekeepers asked us throughout the day if it was "our car" that was vandalized and they offered their apologies.

After the report was filed the hotel bought my family and I breakfast in their wonderful restaurant. They offered any assistance they could provide and let us know we could use their shuttle for absolutely anything until our car window was repaired. I was able to schedule a mobile glass company to repair my window at the hotel, but they could not come until the late afternoon. Again the hotel manager was gracious and allowed my family to stay in our room until 4 PM!!! This allowed the repairman time to fix our car and we were able to leave directly from the hotel in a fully functional vehicle.

In a day and age when many people consider service a thing of the past, the Sheraton Denver-West proved otherwise. This is now my hotel of choice anytime I have business in the Denver Area, and I would not hesitate to recommend them to my friends or family. The GM should be proud of the compassionate staff he employs, they really made a horrible day seem much better than it was. Thank you to the Sheraton Denver-West employees, you guys ROCK!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
SheratonDenverWest, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2010

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear that your daughter had a great time in our pool area. We are very sorry for the inconvience experienced with your car and I assure you this was very much a surprise to everyone. We do not take great service lightly and definitely do not feel it will ever become "a thing of the past". We are very proud of our compassionate staff and are so glad you got to experience that first-hand. On behalf of the entire staff here at the Sheraton Denver West, we wish your wife the best on her job search.

We hope to host you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
3 mi away
Denver Marriott West
#8 of 18 in Golden
Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood

Been to Sheraton Denver West Hotel? Share your experiences!