“Lovely Hotel”

Sheraton Denver West Hotel
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed in this hotel this last May. Our room was impeccable!! The staff was so friendly. They gave us the choices of room on a higher or lower floor and city view or mountain view. We chose city view, and it was spectacular. Our bed was so comfy and the room was spacious. We had very easy access to where we needed to be (Red Rocks Ampitheater). We were just very pleased. My only 2 complaints would be that there wasn't a fridge and there was a train that would pass by at all hours and sound its horn. Neither one of those things bothered us too much because the rest was just right.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you for your message. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you'll be back soon!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Denver West Hotel

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 1 night while attending a concert at Red Rocks. I must start by saying the views no matter which side you're on is beautiful (city or mountain). The restaurant is good and of course pricey. The rooms clean and beds very comfortable. Check in and out was speedy and excellent.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments. We're glad that you enjoyed your experience and hope that you'll be back again soon!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is not the newest hotel on the block, but it has a very good staff, nice rooms and great views of downtown Denver. I would definitely go back! Not sure why Trip Advisor Requires characters to get to 200, but there you go.

1  Thank Sulltraveler
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Sulltraveler,

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here on a business trip for one night and overall was very pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms and the accomodating staff. Being a Platinum Starwoods Member I found the club level breakfast to be quite disappointing. No one was there maintaining it and by the time I got there at 8:30 an hour after it opened the coffee, bread and fruit were already gone. Overall it was a nice stay and I would recommend this hotel and stay there again in hopes this would be better staffed on my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to tell us about your experiences. We're glad that you enjoyed your overall stay and have forwarded your comments about your Club lounge experience to our food and beverage team so that the can look into and address the issues.

We'll hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I'll start with the good: the people who worked at the front desk were extremely nice, the computers in the lobby were easy to print a boarding pass on, and the gym was large and well-equipped, even if it was a bit hot. Water pressure in the shower was outstanding.

Unfortunately, that's about all that is good with this hotel. It's old and rundown. My room looked ancient, the HVAC system sounded like a 747 going down the runway (and the hotel's response to another reviewer that this is because Colorado has extreme weather is laughable...the system is just old and loud, that's all), and one of the deadbolts was almost pulled out of the door frame. The bathroom was large, but old, with a toilet that was chipped in multiple places and the tub had a liner that got water trapped under it when taking a shower. There was a dirty towel from the last guest hanging in my bathroom when I arrived (it was hanging over the shower).

The club lounge had nothing that looked remotely appetizing for breakfast so I went to the restaurant, which had the most pathetic looking breakfast buffet I have seen at any full service hotel. So I ordered off the menu and the food was mediocre at best.

Next time, I will stay elsewhere. I recommend you do the same.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Overall ambiance is a bit sterile, in a southern suburb of Denver, but it was perfect for my needs. Room was very clean, again, a bit… anonymous, but with huge windows and a great view of the Denver skyline. Super-cozy beds, flat-screen tv (which I never had a chance to watch). Bathroom was perfectly clean (I have a thing about that! - it's the very first thing I always look at!), furnishings could be newer, towels a tiny bit fluffier, but fine, given the great weekend price. Appreciated the complimentary water bottle every night of my stay. I was very busy in Denver, so I unfortunately did not get a chance to see the gym (which I was really looking forward to doing). Lobby is equally sterile, but every single member of the hotel staff with whom I came into contact was uncompromisingly kind and accommodating, every single time, for four days in a row. Wow! Kudos!!

Room Tip: If possible nab a north-facing room for lovely Denver skyline views and awesome sunrises.

Dear Guest,

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We live up near Vail, CO and come down and use this hotel when we go to concerts and other events and love it. It is in a great location has really nice rooms. We have a dog and love the fact we can bring her at no extra cost. The staff at the front desk are very nice and helpful. All in all this is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: We always ask for a mountain view but all rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cadentang
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and taking the time to tell others that you enjoyed your experience. We're always happy to accommodate vaccinated, well behaved dogs with their owners as long as we know about their arrival from the time of reservations (so that we can allocate dog-friendly rooms). We know that for many of our guests; dogs are part ot their family and we do our best to make sure they're comfortable.

We'll hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood
Denver Marriott West
Denver Marriott West
#5 of 18 in Golden

Been to Sheraton Denver West Hotel? Share your experiences!