“older property but nice amenities”

Sheraton Denver West Hotel
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was only here one night but I was mostly happy with my stay. The best part about the property was the fitness center-great equipment that was clean, in good working order with variety. The indoor pool looked nice, smallish but nice view from it. The restaurant was far better than I would expect, I ended up eating both lunch and dinner there. The property is older and feels it in the hallways but the rooms are more updated. My only issue was that I asked for a quiet room and was put in a room that connected to another. I realized this when I returned to my room before dinner and found that there was a party in the room adjoining mine from which I could hear every word. They moved me without complaint, but in a hotel this large that clearly wasn't full, why choose that room to put me in? And there was water damage in that room, why even use it? The location was useful for my needs but probably not somewhere I would stay while vacationing in Denver.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We're glad that you enjoyed our Sheraton Fitness programmed by Core Performance as well as the beautiful La Cave restaurant.

We hope that you addressed the issues listed while you were still here so that we could address them with the attention they deserve.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I were just back from San Diego from a meeting as the horrific Boulder floods were gushing.

We live up in the Colorado mountains and could not get home due to road closures and the collapse of all infrastructure. Needless to say, we were distraught.

We traveled over to Lakewood,Colorado and found open arms at this hotel.

First of all, thanks to Guest Services -- particuarly, Paul Aguiar, director of sales and marketing, as we were assisted beyond the norm, much to our relief.

I found this hotel not only a big assist from flood waters - but an A-1 place to be.

First of all the room was spacious and we enjoyed a great meal at the hotel's La Cave on the lobby level.

The bar was great - as was the food - top notch. The music via a guitar-strumming entertainer just added to the calming nature of the hotel. Kudos all around. A big help in preparing us to deal with the unexpected up in our mountain home.

We had to keep on top of our work, so the Link@Sheraton spot was ideal. What a great spot in the hotel lobby - can't go wrong there.

Overall, our unexpected stay at this hotel turned out terrific. My wife and I were there for a couple of days, waiting for waters to calm and our mountain roadways to get cleared, or at least the back roads to find our way home.

The hotel folks here were gracious, knowing out plight, and were just over-the-top helping us as we began our trek back home.

Great hotel, great staff, and truly a bridge over trouble waters.

Leonard

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room on the 5th floor - looking out for weather.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Leonard D
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words while you're going through such a challenging event. Coloradans help each other when natural emergencies take place and we felt awful that you were kept away from your own home during the storm's aftermath.

Paul is one of our best associates and we'll make sure that we pass your compliments on to him.

We're glad that you're OK and we'll hope to serve you again under better circumstances.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel must be 30 years old but recently renovated, some Sheraton Branded Hotels are renovated and some are not. This one is mostly done so it works great. Superior views of the city and 12 stories added to the hill it sits on make for fine viewing and maybe you'll get a thunderstorm show, too. Easy access to downtown and the mountains. Can't beat it unless it cost way more, very fairly priced.

Also Le Cave 5280 is MUST eating, right in the lobby. Must eating, this rating from a chowhound.

Room Tip: City View Room on the east side of the building is a must although a western view is of the mountaii...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank redanman

Thank you for your compliments! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the food, service and atmosphere of La Cave restaurant.

We'll look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed here just one night, but wished for more. The room (especially the bed) was very comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. It's very convenient to the light-rail station, so downtown is easy to get reach. The first noise I heard came after 9am. I didn't like the shower much, but I'm picky about that. Overall, a very nice stay & I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 101travelerNo_CA
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Denver West and for taking the time to tell us you enjoyed your stay. We're glad that you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds (I just bought one for my home as I love them too!) and friendly service. The new RTD light rail has been a big hit for our guests as it now provided service from a block and a half away, directly to the LoDo area of downtown Denver.

We'll look forward to serving you again soon and wish you great travel experiences in the mean time.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped at this hotel on our way back from Vegas. We were given a room with a view of an empty lot that faced Downtown Denver. The empty lot took away from the view. However, that did not matter much because we were only interested in a good night sleep. The beds were beyond comfortable. They were amazing and we all slept very well. The room also had a small fridge which was a nice surprise. The only two complaints about the room was the fact that you could hear people talking in the neighboring room and the size of the bathroom, which was ridiculously small. However, the water pressure in the shower was excellent and made taking a shower very pleasant. Staff was excellent and responded to anything we asked for very quickly. They were very friendly and also offered us an hour late check-out. Too bad we did not take the offer because we were pressed for time. Overall, a place conveniently located and close to some nice attractions such as the red rocks. I would recommend this place with caution about the tiny bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask if they have bigger bathrooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sunseedco
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Denver West and for taking the time to tell us you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you had good luck in Las Vegas!

The Sheraton Denver West has two general view perspectives: West (toward the foothills of the Rocky Mountains) or East (toward downtown Denver's skyline). It sounds like your room was facing Denver and that view overlooks the Denver Federal Center's "horseshoe" lot. This lot is currently vacant while the city of Lakewood decides what to build. We are told that this is the "hottest" development property in the United States because of its proximity to the new St. Anthony's hospital, brand new RTD Light Rail, numerous restaurants, the vibrand Union Corridor, and of course the Sheraton Denver West!

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds! Several of our associates have purchased them for our homes because we too like them so much and the beds are now for sale to the public. Simply Google "Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed for sale" and you can decide if one is for your home too!

It was also great to read that you enjoyed your shower experience and our overall friendly service and location.

We'll hope to serve you again soon. Best wishes for great travel experiences in the mean time.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel was not as nice as other Sheratons but the price that i got was pretty good, i came in town for work and the staff was friendly but there was some upkeep that needed to be done. im sure after it is complete the rooms and everything else will be stellar. the wifi was really fast though

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jasmine F
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Denver West and for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We'll hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Here for one night. Checking in was painless and quick. The room was a typical business room. Bathroom amenities were below average (very basic), but the hotel room furnishings were good (Starbucks coffee in room). I was facing Denver to the East and saw a wild lightening storm. There is a Denver light rail station on this side of the hotel, but I didn't really hear anything. They have a breakfast restaurant which offers a basic buffet or a la carte (typical hotel food & beverage). I did like like that they offered to give me a coffee to go, nice touch! If in the area, this is a good business travelers hotel.

Room Tip: A high room facing East, will give you a view of downtown Denver (the West side is the road).
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Denver West and for taking the time to tell us you enjoyed your stay. We'll look forward to serving you again soon.

Best wishes,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
2 mi away
Denver Marriott West
Denver Marriott West
#8 of 18 in Golden

Been to Sheraton Denver West Hotel? Share your experiences!