“Great stay, super convenient”

Sheraton Denver West Hotel
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great stay, super convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our family stayed at the Sheraton Denver West Hotel on our way up and back to the mountains a few weeks ago. The location is great for access to I-70. Rooms felts modern and looked super clean. Met friends at the bar downstairs, and found some interesting beers on tap. My son loved the pool, which was great so he could burn off some energy before heading to the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Dan H
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your review! We're glad that you liked our location in the foothills; it's great for those travelling up either I-70 or highway 285 to the mountains. We pride ourselves in our guestroom cleanliness and we're glad that you appreciated that attention to detail. La Cave restaurant has been receiving excellend reviews and we're so happy for their success.

Best travel wishes to you and your son. We're glad that you had a nice experience at the Sheraton Denver West together!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Loveland, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stopped staying at Starwood hotels because they were always setting my accumulated points to zero. Since attending an event in the hotel the location was not an issue. The hotel is well away from the city center.

The hotel entrance was nice and we were checked in by a delightful and friendly young lady. The room was nice with modern furnishings. Free parking and free wireless intern in the room were nice. My only complaint about the room was plastic glasses and paper cups for coffee.

We had room service and it was fast, good quality and not outrageously priced/

Breakfast was a huge disappointment. We had upgraded to have breakfast included and were given metal tokens for the breakfast buffet. For a hotel like this the breakfast buffet was inexcusable. All the cheaper motel chains offer better quality and more selection. So if you do stay at this hotel don't opt for the breakfast buffet in advance. Hotels do have to make money from there clients, but offering such a limited breakfast buffet will not bring me back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments.

Have you contacted Starwood Hotels regarding your accumulated points issues? The Sheraton Denver West is a franchised hotel; and unfortunately we do not have control of these issues. Our location is in Lakewood's most vibrant business hub and most of our guests appreciate our proximity to government and corporate offices, as well as numerous leisure activities.

We're glad that you enjoyed our service, quality food service, clean hotel, modern furnishings, free parking and complimentary guest room Wi-Fi Internet access. Plastic and paper cups have become the new standard for guest room serviceware for cleanliness and safety control.

We will bring your concerns about breakfast service to the restaurant owner's attention. We are surprised by your negative comments as we regularly recieve positive feedback on both their food and service.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We loved our stay at the Sheraton Denver West. Checking in with Sophia was quick, easy, and informative. We requested a crib in our room and it was waiting for us when we got there - huge bonus! We didn't even have to ask. The room was spacious and spotless and the beds were extremely comfortable! Housekeeping was great - our room was serviced and bathroom amenities were replenished each day. We didn't get a chance to use the fitness center or pool at all since we were out visiting friends and family. The hotel was very quiet - possibly because it was a holiday weekend? We ordered room service on our last day there and it was also wonderful and it arrived quickly. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely stay again when we are in the Lakewood area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jill823
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your "Perfect" rating! We have a great team at the Sheraton Denver West and reviews like yours always delight us. We'll look forward to your next stay and wish you the best in your travels.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

This older suburban hotel is nothing to overlook. The location is pretty accessible from lightrail and the highway. Since Lakewood has no skyline it was easy to see where I was staying before I arrived. The height of the hotel offered a nice view of the Denver skyline, a lay of the land and then a mountain view on the opposite side. Surrounding the hotel were a limited selection of restaurants but something would have worked depending on your tastes or budget.

The staff was very friendly and efficient. No need to complain but to only appreciate a decent staff. The property is a little dated in the hallways and rooms but the place is clean and comfortable. The very comfortable king size bed was a dream for sleeping in one morning as I floated on the stack of pillows. It's a hotel - sleep in and enjoy the solitude of the hotel. After that, enjoy the high powered shower and just scrub away. I am so over the water-saving shower heads that take twice as long to remove soap from my body that this shower had me on schedule with my morning appointments. Did I say I enjoy the bed, pillow stack and sleeping in?

The health club is pretty nice, too. It services the surrounding office building so the equipment is decent, the place is spacious and clean.

The parking structure was much welcomed under the hotel since we had a snow storm one of the nights I was there. Not scrapping snow or ice from my rental car was a simple treat.

The food is traditional hotel food. A menu that serves a traveling crowd, priced slightly under overpriced, tasty and safe. Nothing rocked me but I don't expect that from a hotel. I'd dine there again - room service included. It worked.

I'm going to stay here again on my future trips. It's a good value up-market hotel.

1 Thank BluYooper
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you BluYooper for your compliments and comprehensive review of our hotel and service. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we'll have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Best wishes in your journeys,
SANTA FE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here on the way home from a tough business assignment. Appreciated how efficient the staff was at check in and check out. Room was lovely and clean. Really like their lap pool and exercise facilities. Room heater is a little loud.

Room Tip: Back (east) side of the building is quieter than one facing Union Blvd.
2 Thank BobL190
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for your compliments. We hope that your challenging work assignment went well.

Best wishes in your travels. Happy Holidays!
Maple Grove
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was sent to a training seminar for my company this week that was being held at this hotel. I was given a room on the 7th floor. I did not have to pay for the room but wanted to provide useful feedback that I can offer on the experience thus far as I am here until Friday.

This hotel is a very long ways away from the airport so you must prepare for that if traveling by plane. Taxi costs are about 90 dollars one way, shuttle is 35 dollars but you have to make multiple stops at other hotels along the way, and there is a towncar service. I opted for the towncar at 75 dollars. Great experience, very nice service, and very comfortable. The driver was very attentive and was contacting me at the exact right time. It was a nice touch.

Upon arrival, I was pleasantly greeted by the front desk person and was allowed to check into a different room due to me being much earlier than the check in time. Very friendly and was willing to accommodate me.

The building looks a bit dated in the lobby, however, the computer center is brand new and that is where I am issuing this review. They only allow for 45 mins maximum per day on the computers here. That was disappointing but I do have a laptop that works with the wireless in my room.

The conference rooms are spacious but also appear dated and I noticed there was not really any other group doing anything in the other conference rooms. Great service has been provided by the staff and the hotel is very clean.

My room...well that is a different story. As others pointed out, no microwave or fridge in the room. The carpet was frayed everywhere and the windows were so drafty that when I closed my mountainview blinds, they swayed. The wallpaper, the bathroom, the furniture, all appear to be dating back to the mid to late 80s but not for sure on that. OH, and I have to say as did my other colleagues of their rooms, the furnace was amazingly loud. I had to run it at 78 degrees to keep my room warm so it kept me up later than I would have hoped but the beds and linens are amazing.

The La Cave service was great! Do not get the buffet as it isn't worth the money. They are very high priced and offer little if any atmosphere. There are a multitude of restaurants near by that offer great food at a much less expensive price.

They catered food this afternoon for lunch and it was amazing! Again, you can tell the staff take pride in providing top notch service.

The exercise facility does have some nice equipment in there. The lap pool appears to be nice as well, although I didn't use it. They even keep towels in a fridge for you to cool down. Again, nice touch.

Overall, my impression is that this hotel needs a major upgrade. Exterior, interior, but mostly in the rooms. I would say that this hotel is similar to what I would find at a Red Roof Inn or a Howard Johnson. But way better service. The best way I could describe it is meh, blah, or nothing to really write home about.

Room Tip: Until the upgrade the windows, ask for city view. The wind really whips through the older windows an...
1 Thank Clair J
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Denver West. Best wishes in your Travels.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here on a three-day business trip In December. Check-in and check-out was so smooth as to be almost non-existent. My reservation was made by a third party, so I was not sure what to expect, but received a great suite on the Club Level. Suite was very spacious and comfortable with a grand view of the city below. My only complaint with the room was plumbing; one bath sink had broken hot water knob, other sink seemed to spray my trousers whenever used. Bidet had an internal leak that produced a constant dripping sound. I had to keep door to the bath closed to avoid the noise. Shower head annoyingly low (and I'm not tall!). Sliding shower doors don't slide very well. I did not use the jacuzzi. Overall, except for the bath fixtures being in need of updating, the room was comfortable and clean. Carpet was worn, but mildly so. Staff in Club room and at the front desk were all welcoming and accommodating. I did not use the spa or fitness facilities. La Cave is a relatively new restaurant/bar addition to the lobby. I only spent a short time there for a couple of "nightcaps", but bartender was great. Location is great for anything west and up-slope from downtown. There are plenty of retail and dining options within a short walk or drive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a wonderful view of the city. Rooms on the west side look out at the Roc...
1 Thank Bronco37
Thank you for your compliments! We hope to serve you again if and when you return to the area.

Best wishes in your travels. Happy Holidays!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood

Been to Sheraton Denver West Hotel? Share your experiences!