“Wedding weekend could not have been better”

Sheraton Denver West Hotel
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had our entire family book the club level of the sheraton for a wedding reception nearby. Rooms were comfortable and clean and the club lounge proved to be a great meeting and even late night gathering place. Staff could not have been nicer. With the bad weather we were still having fun at local shopping and close by gaming all good indoor options. My entire family thanks the sheraton and if you are planning a visit you will not be disappointed. The beds were so comfortable. summer time red rocks is 15 minutes from hotel. by 2013 light rail late in year.

Room Tip: One side of hotel has mountain views other has city views. get the mid to higher rooms and choose y...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your great compliments! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we'll have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We booked 3 nights thru Expedia, which were to be non-refundable. After 1st night we asked the front desk if it would be possible to cancel the 3rd night due to change in plans. Was told that it was "No Problem At All". The same was repeated the following day during check out. "No problem to check out, but you'll need to call Expedia and have them call Accounting to get the credit back".

The problem came in when we called Expedia, who was happy to call Sheraton for the credit authorization, BUT... Sheraton's accounting department said "NO, Non-Refundable."

Upon explaining the situation to the front desk manager, she acknowledged that she was present when my wife checked out, recalled the conversation, and said that she'd patch me through to the Accounting Manager. However, Sarah Cavendar (sp?), in accounting said: "I don't know who said what, but it's non-refundable." Didn't matter that, as I argued, she could check with her own front desk manager for confirmation as to who said what. It didn't matter that the refund promise was made; for $100 they would prefer to, in this case, forever lose a client.

Beyond that- the facilities were mediocre. But even had they been great- I won't do business that won't stand behind statements made by their employees. If I can't trust them over $100, what can I trust them with? And with so many service-focused competitors, why would I?

Disgusted.

Room Tip: The best rooms can be found in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

We are very sorry that this guest did not understand the non-refundable rate policy for their reservation they booked through Expedia. Their room reservation was not booked through the hotel directly; so our options were limited. This guest became quite nasty in their frustration with the Expedia policies and seems to feel justified in taking it out on our hotel.

We wish them better travel experiences.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as one of better hotels close to Red Rocks Amphitheater.
Our room was spacious with 2 double beds, shower stall and seperate tub. Shower stall showed signs of age but still clean so we all opted to use tub with shower instead! Shower stall could use deep cleaning or new grout and new floor!
Price for room was fair for hotel I thought, especially during the week. We paid $10 more per day for 2 adult Buffett breakfasts which was a good deal. Hotel restaurant was under renovation so temporary make-shift one set up on 2nd floor. It did the job for breakfast Buffett but I probably wouldn't eat here for any other meal.
Overall a good experience. If I had to stay in same area again I would stay at this Sheraton.

• Stayed: September 2012
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for your compliments!

If you will please contact us directly (sdw_sales@rdamanagement.com) we'd like to know which room you were in so that I can check the shower / tile personally.

We're glad that you appreciated the cleanliness, value and proximity to Red Rocks Amphitheater. We're glad that you'll consider our hotel next time you're in the area and we'll look forward to showing you the new La Cave restaurant (opening in October!).

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've stayed at this Sheraton multiple times and the staff is wonderful. Everyone at the front desk greets me by name when I walk by. When I call for room service, they always know my order and make suggestions based on what they're serving that day.

The rooms are about what you'd expect from an older Sheraton. Nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable. Two issues to note: 1) the rooms are pretty dark even with all the lights turned on which can make it difficult to work at night and 2) the heaters in some of the rooms can get really loud. However, every time I had the latter issue, the front desk quickly found me a new room. The manager even went to all the available rooms first to turn on the heat for me and check the noise level.

The fitness center has a decent number of cardio machines, free weights, and yoga mats. The "lap pool" however is shallow and only ~15 meters. It's fine if you want to take a dip, but don't expect to do laps.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jktexan
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you very much for your compliments! We appreciate your business and are glad that you recognize our dedication to great service.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I found the hotel staff to be extremely friendly. I booked my reservations through Hotels.com, which I have never used. Upon check in they asked if I wanted a Mountain or downtown view. They put me on the 9th floor as well. It was nice to have the choice. The room was large, clean, updated and quiet. I would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: I don't think that there were bad rooms. It was a nice hotel overall.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you very much for your compliments; we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our clean / quiet rooms, friendly service and choice of room views are all popular amenities and we're happy to say that La Cave restaurant will open next month!

We can assume by your moniker that you like to shop. Did you have a chance to visit Bel Mar, Colorado Mills and Denver West malls while you were here? They are all with 5 miles of our hotel and worth a visit the next time you're here.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nites in late August. The reviews I read all mentioned the wonderful customer service this hotel provided but it was not in evidence during my stay. First, I felt the rooms were very tired, dark, and musty. I am not a Starwood member so I guess I got the plain vanilla mountain view room. The restaurant is under construction so they have a temporary spot open on the 2nd flr. Food was fine if a bit pricey for breakfast. Most of the travelers are corporate/business, I saw very few families.

My check in experience was pleasant but I was told a free shuttle to a local mall would be available at 3PM. At 3:15PM my daughter and I arrived at the desk to ask for the shuttle. A young dark haired girl (Dierdre, Diandra?) quickly and brusquely told me I had it wrong and that the shuttle service started at 4PM. When I explained that we had been told it was 3PM, she offered to call me a cab or we could wait until 4PM. She was not apologetic at all, and since the cab cost me $12 for a very short ride, why didn't they offer to pick up the charge for me??? She could have cared less and since I had my young daughter with me and did not want to make a scene I let it go. Location is good if you are heading to the mtns. during your trip. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for your message. We offer two different views from the Sheraton Denver West: A Foothills view (our west facing rooms offer views of the foothills and a few tall mountain peaks) or a City view (our east facing rooms offer views toward downtown Denver). Our front desk agents are usually able to offer a choice of either (no difference in room rates), but these choices can be limited if the hotel is full. We are located in the foothills (closest to the mountains) so we don't have the full mountain views offered by the more distant vantage points. Most guests find our location to be ideal.

Our renovated guest rooms are bright, clean and comfortable and we offer complimentary shuttle service from 7am to 9pm. Because you did not report your problem while you were here we can only guess that the shuttle was in use for our other guests until 4pm.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We only got to stay one night as we were passing through. the linens and beds were very nice and i'm fairly picky. We had a good view from our room. the beds are super comfortable with pillow choices. front desk staff were helpful about informing us on fun places to shop and their services. there appears to be a bit of lobby renovating going on but it was not bad. it's easy to find this hotel.

Room Tip: not sure if all rooms have a mountain view or a city view but ask.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your compliments! We're glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms, Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds, and helpful-friendly staff. We are renovating our restaurant right now and it will re-open as "La Cave" on October 8th with a menu that features international specialties and a fantastic (and affordable) wine list!

Best wishes for great travel,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
2 mi away
Denver Marriott West
Denver Marriott West
#8 of 18 in Golden

Been to Sheraton Denver West Hotel? Share your experiences!