Sheraton Denver West Hotel
Hotel Lakewood(Lakewood)(Great Value!)
$129
$119
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar(Lakewood)
$166
$159
Hampton.com
Best Western Denver Southwest(Lakewood)(Great Value!)
$130
$189
Homewood
$125
  • Pool
All reviewsclub levella cavered rocksmountain viewrooms are nicelight railwest sideminute drivebit datedfitness centerbusiness centereasy accessfree breakfastdenverconferencefoothillshospital
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've stayed at this Sheraton multiple times and the staff is wonderful. Everyone at the front desk greets me by name when I walk by. When I call for room service, they always know my order and make suggestions based on what they're serving that day.

The rooms are about what you'd expect from an older Sheraton. Nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable. Two issues to note: 1) the rooms are pretty dark even with all the lights turned on which can make it difficult to work at night and 2) the heaters in some of the rooms can get really loud. However, every time I had the latter issue, the front desk quickly found me a new room. The manager even went to all the available rooms first to turn on the heat for me and check the noise level.

The fitness center has a decent number of cardio machines, free weights, and yoga mats. The "lap pool" however is shallow and only ~15 meters. It's fine if you want to take a dip, but don't expect to do laps.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jktexan
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you very much for your compliments! We appreciate your business and are glad that you recognize our dedication to great service.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I found the hotel staff to be extremely friendly. I booked my reservations through Hotels.com, which I have never used. Upon check in they asked if I wanted a Mountain or downtown view. They put me on the 9th floor as well. It was nice to have the choice. The room was large, clean, updated and quiet. I would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: I don't think that there were bad rooms. It was a nice hotel overall.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you very much for your compliments; we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our clean / quiet rooms, friendly service and choice of room views are all popular amenities and we're happy to say that La Cave restaurant will open next month!

We can assume by your moniker that you like to shop. Did you have a chance to visit Bel Mar, Colorado Mills and Denver West malls while you were here? They are all with 5 miles of our hotel and worth a visit the next time you're here.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nites in late August. The reviews I read all mentioned the wonderful customer service this hotel provided but it was not in evidence during my stay. First, I felt the rooms were very tired, dark, and musty. I am not a Starwood member so I guess I got the plain vanilla mountain view room. The restaurant is under construction so they have a temporary spot open on the 2nd flr. Food was fine if a bit pricey for breakfast. Most of the travelers are corporate/business, I saw very few families.

My check in experience was pleasant but I was told a free shuttle to a local mall would be available at 3PM. At 3:15PM my daughter and I arrived at the desk to ask for the shuttle. A young dark haired girl (Dierdre, Diandra?) quickly and brusquely told me I had it wrong and that the shuttle service started at 4PM. When I explained that we had been told it was 3PM, she offered to call me a cab or we could wait until 4PM. She was not apologetic at all, and since the cab cost me $12 for a very short ride, why didn't they offer to pick up the charge for me??? She could have cared less and since I had my young daughter with me and did not want to make a scene I let it go. Location is good if you are heading to the mtns. during your trip. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for your message. We offer two different views from the Sheraton Denver West: A Foothills view (our west facing rooms offer views of the foothills and a few tall mountain peaks) or a City view (our east facing rooms offer views toward downtown Denver). Our front desk agents are usually able to offer a choice of either (no difference in room rates), but these choices can be limited if the hotel is full. We are located in the foothills (closest to the mountains) so we don't have the full mountain views offered by the more distant vantage points. Most guests find our location to be ideal.

Our renovated guest rooms are bright, clean and comfortable and we offer complimentary shuttle service from 7am to 9pm. Because you did not report your problem while you were here we can only guess that the shuttle was in use for our other guests until 4pm.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We only got to stay one night as we were passing through. the linens and beds were very nice and i'm fairly picky. We had a good view from our room. the beds are super comfortable with pillow choices. front desk staff were helpful about informing us on fun places to shop and their services. there appears to be a bit of lobby renovating going on but it was not bad. it's easy to find this hotel.

Room Tip: not sure if all rooms have a mountain view or a city view but ask.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your compliments! We're glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms, Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds, and helpful-friendly staff. We are renovating our restaurant right now and it will re-open as "La Cave" on October 8th with a menu that features international specialties and a fantastic (and affordable) wine list!

Best wishes for great travel,

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I just stayed as I had business in the Lakewood area. I would assume this hotel was built in the early 80's and the general rooms have obviously been refreshed. As a Platinum SPG I was upgraded to suite 1203 which has not been upgraded and is in a Southwest motif with fixtures, lighting etc straight from the 80's. Had I not been just one night I would have been quickly back to the front desk to kindly request a regular room. One of my clients is a realtor who sold nearly 100 homes in the Golden area in the last year. He couldn't believe what I was describing so down the hill from Genessee he came with another of his realtors to see my suite! And yes he had a good laugh. That said, the staff is exceedingly gracious. The evening attendant in the club room is a stitch and doted on everyone and I would happily stay if I need to be in this area again. Normally I'm downtown at the Sheraton, but this easily fits the bill if one needs to be in the Lakewood area and wants quick access to I-70, Golden, Red Rocks etc. Standard Sheraton amenities and free parking.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PDXStocks
Management360Union, Manager at Sheraton Denver West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for your compliments! Our large, themed suites are just what some customers are looking for and some prefer the more contemporary design of our deluxe guest rooms and Club rooms. We're happy to have options!