“Average Stay”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Pros:
- Clean and comfortable rooms
- Mini-fridge and microwave
- Excellent house keeping
- Easy access to the highway

Cons:
- Unprofessional front desk workers (had to wait several minutes to check-in while he finished a personal phone call)
- "Business center" computer is not updated with new microsoft office so none of the documents I needed would print

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

We staid there for 4 nights and found it a very good option. The double queen sized are larger and slightly cheaper than the king sized rooms. Breakfast was very solid with the usual continental breakfast stuff. As Europeans we loved the egg omlettes which allow a fairly light and healthy start. In our room we had a broken lamp which was replaced quickly and to to our full satisfaction. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Lakewood
Reviewed September 26, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This facility is very nice but if you make your reservations a month or more early like I did you need to check the current rate prior to arrival. I turned on my computer when i got to the room and the first screen was the current rate which was 17 less than I had just paid, I asked for an adj. and was told by the mgr that the policy that the owner had was to give 10% off what I paid. Which was about half the over charge. Owners policy is not good for customer relations. Overall the facility was very nice

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Good value. Hotel seems to have been recently refurbished, Everything was fine. A minor disappointment was that ice machine didn't work. Otherwise, a decent hotel and responsive staff.

Room Tip: A few doors away from the elevator is nice to keep hallway noise low.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed here for 6 days for a softball tournament. The manager we set everything up with was no longer there when our stay took place. She assured us we would get points for our stay. This was the main reason we chose this hotel. We were denied points by the new manager. Also never once were our sheets changed for our 6 night stay nor did my phone work properly. On several occasions we could not get anyone to help at the front desk. Stood there and waited on 2 or 3 occasions then gave up. I will not recommend a hotel that not only does not stand by their employee's promises or do the simple task of housekeeping. My rate was not that low to warrant this outcome.

Room Tip: I would suggest choosing another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My family stayed at this Quality Inn as a quick stop between activities in Denver and Glenwood Springs. The price was very cheap for one night. I booked through a third-party site and got the room for $73.43. I did not have high expectations, but we knew it would just be for one night.

We arrived at 2:45, but we had to wait around because we could not check in until 3. The front desk people were very nice if a bit slow. The room was larger than I expected and had a microwave mounted out of my kids' reach and a fridge they couldn't open. The beds were comfortable enough, and the A/C worked fine and not too loudly. The location is OK, but there are no handy food options.

There were plenty of problems with this place. The only chair in the room was a wooden-armed chair that you would see at a table instead of a living room-style one. The sink was drippy, and you had to push hard on the faucet to get it to stop. You could tell they had put a new fixture in above the mirror, but you could see the holes in the wall from the old one. The walls had a couple other old fixture holes and stains on them and needed new paint and spackle. At least one pillowcase and two towels had stains on them. The shower curtain had a lot of dirt on it, and the bathroom was full of long hairs. The carpet was filthy. All of us had filthy feet and socks by the time we changed into our pajamas, and that didn't make me feel very comfortable as far as my children were concerned. There was no alarm clock in the room. We had to look at the microwave for the time, and I couldn't see it without my glasses. The remote had exposed batteries which we had to confiscate from our kids. The breakfast had only carbs, fat, and inedible oranges. I ended up feeding my kids some plums I had in a cooler bag.

This is definitely not a destination stop. There is no pool, and the rooms are not inviting. This is only a place to stay if you need a cheap room for a pit stop. This could be a decent hotel if some attention was given to maintenance and a good deep cleaning. Until then, I will look elsewhere if I return to the area.

Room Tip: The first floor is sunken down on the back side of the hotel and headlights come right into the room...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family