“Good value.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Good value. Hotel seems to have been recently refurbished, Everything was fine. A minor disappointment was that ice machine didn't work. Otherwise, a decent hotel and responsive staff.

Room Tip: A few doors away from the elevator is nice to keep hallway noise low.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed here for 6 days for a softball tournament. The manager we set everything up with was no longer there when our stay took place. She assured us we would get points for our stay. This was the main reason we chose this hotel. We were denied points by the new manager. Also never once were our sheets changed for our 6 night stay nor did my phone work properly. On several occasions we could not get anyone to help at the front desk. Stood there and waited on 2 or 3 occasions then gave up. I will not recommend a hotel that not only does not stand by their employee's promises or do the simple task of housekeeping. My rate was not that low to warrant this outcome.

Room Tip: I would suggest choosing another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My family stayed at this Quality Inn as a quick stop between activities in Denver and Glenwood Springs. The price was very cheap for one night. I booked through a third-party site and got the room for $73.43. I did not have high expectations, but we knew it would just be for one night.

We arrived at 2:45, but we had to wait around because we could not check in until 3. The front desk people were very nice if a bit slow. The room was larger than I expected and had a microwave mounted out of my kids' reach and a fridge they couldn't open. The beds were comfortable enough, and the A/C worked fine and not too loudly. The location is OK, but there are no handy food options.

There were plenty of problems with this place. The only chair in the room was a wooden-armed chair that you would see at a table instead of a living room-style one. The sink was drippy, and you had to push hard on the faucet to get it to stop. You could tell they had put a new fixture in above the mirror, but you could see the holes in the wall from the old one. The walls had a couple other old fixture holes and stains on them and needed new paint and spackle. At least one pillowcase and two towels had stains on them. The shower curtain had a lot of dirt on it, and the bathroom was full of long hairs. The carpet was filthy. All of us had filthy feet and socks by the time we changed into our pajamas, and that didn't make me feel very comfortable as far as my children were concerned. There was no alarm clock in the room. We had to look at the microwave for the time, and I couldn't see it without my glasses. The remote had exposed batteries which we had to confiscate from our kids. The breakfast had only carbs, fat, and inedible oranges. I ended up feeding my kids some plums I had in a cooler bag.

This is definitely not a destination stop. There is no pool, and the rooms are not inviting. This is only a place to stay if you need a cheap room for a pit stop. This could be a decent hotel if some attention was given to maintenance and a good deep cleaning. Until then, I will look elsewhere if I return to the area.

Room Tip: The first floor is sunken down on the back side of the hotel and headlights come right into the room...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. I needed a safety pin to fix something and the girl at the front gave me the safety pin from her nametag. Very nice.
On the flip side, there was hair (not mine) in my towels. Also, there was no hot water one day. That may have been a good thing, as I had a very important meeting and the cold shower really woke me up. But, I'd prefer my coffee to wake me up.
I didn't even look at the breakfast buffet.
The location is within a mile or so of a good stretch of restaurants. But, there are no good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The stay was fine, although I was put in a non-smoking room that reeked of smoke. I called and they told me the group that was in the room the night before was kicked out for smoking. Not a big deal, just kind of annoying. The staff when I was there was fine, today on the phone not so much. I ended up leaving a day earlier then I though (I was on a short 2 day stay) and I was still charged for the night I didn't stay. Usually hotels/motels are very accommodating and are able to refund you with your credit card # and by checking in their system that I was not there for two nights. Unfortunately for me, I have to print off a copy of my bank statement proving I was charged for two nights, and bring it to the hotel before I can be refunded. Lucky enough I travel a lot and will be in the area again soon. If you’re not in the area or just on vacation I would not recommend of suggest staying at this Hotel. Just in case something happens, there are many hotels with much better more user friendly ways to handle customer complaints or issues.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Quality Inn on March 7, 2012. She left a pair of gloves in the room, not realizing it until the next day. We live in Colorado, but not near to Lakewood. I called the hotel the next day, and they indeed had the gloves in their lost and found. I asked them to put my wife's name on the gloves, and we would pick them up on our next trip to the Denver area. Since we are planning a trip to Denver next week, I called the hotel this morning to just double check that they were still there. Even though my wife's name had been placed on the gloves, they were disposed of (on someone's hands, probably). We have been Choice Rewards members for many years, but with this experience, we will look at other chains for our hotel/motel need from now on.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SHART529
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The breakfast left a lot to be desired but it was free. The staff behind the desk were very unprofessional and acted like they were on a play date instead of at work. The service from the cleaning personnel was outstanding as we were to stay 2 nights but decided it wasn't worth the breakfast and considered the 2nd night fee worth leaving behind. There is NO pool here so be prepared. The workout room is tiny but doable, although someone put the universal machine together wrong so it didn't work right. Our room was clean and comfortable. It had a microwave, pretty large fridge and the water pressure in the shower was great. Other than the attendants behind the desk and the breakfast, don't expect a lot or a pool.

Room Tip: Always ask if there is a pool before you book. We took for granted that another one in this chain h...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business