“Bringing Texas to Lake City”
Review of Southern Vittles

Southern Vittles
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Lake City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Southern Vittles does a good job of bringing good Texas food to Little Texas each summer. After being in Colorado for 2 weeks you often miss a good chicken fried steak or good barbecue and this is a great place to go. The portions are very large and the prices are reasonable. The service is nothing short of that good ol Texas hospitality. My friends and family have ordered everything from CFS to BBQ to catfish to shrimp to chicken and never been disappointed. The only downside to SV is that Big Corporate Dr Pepper shut down the production of "Dublin Dr Pepper" and therefore they don't serve the real Dr. Pepper anymore. this is a must eat while in Lake City.

2  Thank brett t

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Being originally from Arkansas, I love catfish, but since we live in Colorado we don't find catfish very much out here. The catfish here was great--not greasy, cooked just right. The french fries were homemade & so yummy! The fried okra was good, not the best I've had, but still good. My husband had the BBQ sandwich & it was pretty tasty. The kids had the chicken strips & french fries & it was really good.

The place is very casual, very family friendly (we had 2 adults & 2 kids). We would definitely return. Service was slow, but they were very busy & our server had a lot of tables he was serving.

The price was more than what we normally pay for such a casual place, but it seemed that everything in Lake City was expensive.

1  Thank luvlifeandtravel
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My wife and I have eaten BBQ ribs all over the country and Southern Vittles has the best we have ever tasted. We cannot wait to go there again.

2  Thank dadbarlow
Reviewed July 18, 2012

It's often crowded but worth the wait. Good BBQ and catfish.

2  Thank Bugsyboat
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I've learned that over the years that I go to Lake City for the outdoor activities and not the food. SV is a typical average dining experience that is somewhat overpriced and equivalant to theme park food.