“Nice place for the right kind of trip”
Review of Town Square Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake City
Town Square Cabins
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Town Square Cabins is in a great location right on the town green in Lake City. Very easy to walk to restaurants, ice cream and candy stores, etc. They also have coin-op laundry machines which is great if you are on an outdoor-themed trip! The cabins are cool; not faux vintage but really vintage, like something from the 1940s frozen in time. As other people have commented, I think the owners could do a little sprucing up: it's a little irritating not having a screen door, the sink in our bathroom was clogged, and the kitchen is very, very sparsely equipped if you are trying to cook real meals. The layout of the living area is a little tight if you're using the pullout futon; for example in our cabin, you could not get out the front door when the futon was expanded. But for $100 a night for 4 people, we were happy with it and would stay there again!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cmckayboulder

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We have been going to Lake City for years, so we are familiar with the area and the local flavor. This is our first stay at Town Square Cabins, and will be our last. I've read reviews like this before and always questioned their accuracy, but our trip was spent on an angle. The floors in the cabin we stayed in slanted in every direction. It was actually challenging to navigate in the dark. There was no closet, no clothes rod, not even some hooks to hang cloths on. The bathroom took the cake though, it had less than a foot of space in front of the toilet. The bathroom, obviously an add on at some point in time, was only 3 feet wide to begin with, then they added a water heater after the bathroom was added on. At 6'6" I could not stand in front of the toilet, with less than a foot in front of the toilet, sitting on it normally was out of the question even for my wife at 5'5". Neither of us are heavy people fortunately as we needed to sit sideways on the toilet to use it. I did not expect the Ritz, I did expect to use the bathroom. Unless I have a king size bed, I'm cramped, but this bed seemed even smaller than queen size as it was billed. The entire complex was full of trash, old appliances, fenced areas full of old trailers, more trash and overgrown with grass and weeds, not a problem except the fence was directly behind the rear window in the cabin. I've stayed in some poor locations and didn't complain because I paid a rate reflecting the condition of the unit I stayed in. Town square charged a prime rate for a unit in poor shape. This place has a ton of potential, if the owners did a little PR and spoke to us even once during our two night stay, I might not have written this review.

Room Tip: If you feel you must stay here, ask for a room that fronts onto the main street, otherwise when the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank el1l0b0
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Town Square Cabins and Mini Mart says it all. Rustic cabins, clean but probably built in the early 1900's. Ours had 2 bedrooms, and a living area and bathroom. The paint was fresh and the bedding clean and comfortable. The floors were really slanted, especially the bathroom. We laughed everytime we went into the down hill bathroom. But all fixtures work and were very clean, lots of hot water. The mini mart was handy and the help was pleasant and helpful. We fished and hiked and had a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank rSmith040
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Needed a place to stay while atving in the mountains. Owners were very nice people. Great conversation. Cabins are a bit older, but they are in the historic district. great hot water, central location. close to everything, including the park. Will stay here again.

Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JRockN
Reviewed September 11, 2009

The reason why this place is so perfect is that it's an Historic property right in the middle of a perfect little historic mountain town. Everything is within walking distance and the streets are wide and filled with historic buildings and lovely flowers. People are so friendly here. The people who run this place are outstanding. They always answered our questions with glee and humor. The store here is totally cool.

Need the internet? it's easy - just take your laptop over to the bench at the city park and you will get free WiFi from the library across the street. Great place.

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank fishbabe
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Even though I wasn't expecting much when I booked I was very disappointed. Kitchen very old, small, and poorly equipped. Bathroom very small, old, and tub very slick. I'm surprised no one has had an accident yet. Water was hot and shower okay though. Beds were comfortable. Area where futon and small tv wasn't hardly big enough to turn around in. Refrigerator placed at side of futon. Noisy for sleeping. Hot and stuffy in day time. No screens on doors so couldn't open them because mosquitos and flies would come in. I wouldn't recommend wasting your money on this place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AuroraMurphy
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Town Square is our home away from home, and we wouldn't stay anywhere else. The cabins are old, but clean and well equipped. Don't expect The Ritz or even Holiday Inn. The best part is the location (center of town) and friendly owners. The price is just right for what you get. Our whole family meets there every year over the fourth of July.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank ddlltravel

Been to Town Square Cabins? Share your experiences!