“Maybe Some of the Best Food Anywhere”
Review of Alpine Moose Lodge

Alpine Moose Lodge
Ranked #13 of 21 Restaurants in Lake City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Columbus, Ohio
“Maybe Some of the Best Food Anywhere”
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We visited Lake City and the Western Slope of Colorado for our Anniversary. Being that it was "off-season" and the majority of Lake City options closed for the forthcoming winter, we ate here (also stayed at the connecting lodge). The meal was incredible - maybe some of the best food anywhere. Dinner came with house-made soup, salad, and bread. We returned for lunch the next day. It was incredible too!

• Visited October 2010
3 Thank IWorkSundays

albuquerque
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2010

This is the best meal you will ever have. We had homemade salmon chowder and fresh seafood ravioloi. The place is awesome and the food will knock you over. Do not miss the opportunity to eat here and make a reservation. It is well worth going and you will remember it like no other restaurant.

1 Thank mgross75
Dallas
“Best meal ever ! TexasMike”
Reviewed September 23, 2009

We frequent Lake City often, and had a fine meal from Chef Bruno years ago while he was at another lodge. This year, I took the whole family of five to Alpine Moose Lodge for a fine dining experience. I recommend making reservations. Bruno and his wife prep a table just for you, and he appreciates the heads-up.
The chef and his wife greeted us right away after I had a previous conversation with him about dining there that week. Drinks were served immediately and then came wonderful bread a fine salad made with fresh ingredients and the chef's homemade dressings. I had the ranch, which he incorporates a bit of heat. I'm guessing jalapeno.
The soup was an asparagus bisque that was the best I've ever had. You can taste a multitide of flavors.
Our main course consisted of everything from salmon to bison steak to my rack of lamb. The accompanying sauce was outstanding, and it came with grilled vegetables. No starch like potaoes or pasta is typically served with the main course. I wondered if it would be enough food, but in the end it was perfect.
Be prepared. This is no cheap meal, but in my opinion it is worth every penny. I thanked Chef Bruno for allowing us to have our youngest son in on this experience, because Bruno is hesitant to have young children in the fine dining area possibly ruin the experience for other families if there is a problem. He thanked me and even complimented my son on how well behaved he was. It was truly the best dinner I have ever had and plan to return in the years to come. And of course, you can't beat the view.
Bottom line, be respectful to Chef Bruno for the dinner he is providing you, and he will return that respect with a great meal and dining experience.

6 Thank TexasMike60
Plano, TX
“This was and is one of the best places I have eaten at! I have all over America, too.”
Reviewed July 24, 2009

My wife and I came in off the Alpine loop, tire and very dirty, to get a room. At the time of check in I met Chef Bruno and he can be quite charming in his "sarcastic" sort of humor. Later that night (without a reservation we went to eat) with Chef Bruno. He did not know that this was out wedding anniversary. He greeted us with a friendly smile and handshake. Chef Bruno and his wife made us welcome as you are immediately escorted to your table. Both the Chef and his lovely wife helped us with our meal selection as well as the perfect wine choice. As the first course hits your tongue you will swear off all other restaurants and immediately declare loyalty to Chef Bruno. The wine that was chosen is a perfect match for our main course. (By Chef Bruno's wife, a great lady) I declare loyalty to Chef Bruno and will return just for his cooking. I have driven three and half hours just to eat pizza and would gladly drive the 863 miles to stay and eat with Chef Bruno and his Wife. Hillard Hill

3 Thank Demos51
Texas
“Perfection”
Reviewed July 7, 2009

My wife and I have had the pleasure of enjoying Chef Bruno's skill on several occasions over several years. It's been a few years and I looked to see if they were still at Lake City and found this series of reviews. I would say I'm surprised at several of the reviews. Breakfast (earlier years), lunch or dinner with Bruno is a treat we look forward to for months!! He and he wife, Frederique, have treated us with the utmost kindness - even to the point of returning a favor by buying us a bottle of wine one evening with our meal. I have eaten at many very fine establishments and can say without any reservation that any of the meals that Bruno has prepared for us ranks with or above the very best. I cannot answer for those that were not pleased. Obviously their experiences are valid and unpleasant; but I have never experienced any of those. Be prepared to take your time, enjoy a wonderful meal.

5 Thank mike9365

Been to Alpine Moose Lodge? Share your experiences!