“great choice in Lake City” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake City Resort

Lake City Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake City
Lake City Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Lake City B&B and Inns
Lake City, Colorado
“great choice in Lake City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is my second time to stay at Lake City Resort this summer. The cabins are definitely a blast from the past - charming style from a bygone era. Both units I have stayed in have been squeaky clean, and the maids should be commended for their thorough work. The manager has been helpful and patient both times that I needed lodging on short notice. She is always here and most helpful with regard to meeting our needs.

Room Tip: there are several cabin configurations
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Spring Grove, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

The room had a small kitchenette that we didn't use and the bathroom was very small and the tub dripped non-stop. The floor felt spongy by the doorway,the TV was a 13" poor quality image, and the bed sheet corners came up on the mattress.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We only spent one night at Lake City Resort, but the accommodations were acceptable and we got a good night's sleep. The beds were comfortable and everything was clean. We didn't get to use the kitchen, but it is a nice feature for those who need one. The room was somewhat small, but ok for just the two of us. There was plenty of hot water and water pressure. Be sure to use the bathmat as the tub is quite slick without it. The person who checked us in gave us great recommendations for both supper and breakfast. We are not giving it a 5 rating because the bathroom door wouldn't stay open and the space was narrow enough that if you got up at night, you had walk slowly to avoid running into something. The in-room heater does need to be pulled out and plugged in, as there is no thermostatically controlled heat. One item of note: we left a small flashlight there and on the way back through Lake City, we stopped in to see if it had been turned in. It had not and we were disappointed to find this out. When we have left items at other motels, we were able to retrieve them from the front desk. There was a cottontail rabbit on the motel grounds that was nice entertainment (an onsite lawn mowing service). Overall, it was pleasant enough that we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Nice accommodations for the price.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank luvscomforttoo
Fort Collins
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed at the Lake City Resort a few years ago, and it seems to have gone downhill since then. When I called to make reservations the managers were very short and impatient and did not ever email us a confirmation, so I could only hope I had a cabin when I got there. The cabins are very basic with fairly hard beds and tired, wornout bedding. I am only 5'1" tall, and I had to duck to wash my hair in the shower because the shower head was so low. There was a window in the bathroom over the tub, so when I showered water went all over the wood frames of the window, but there was nothing that I could do about it. We had friends who stayed elsewhere and were very happy and comfortable. Next time we will pay a little bit more and have much nicer accomodations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ColoRAD4
Huntsville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

My family stayed here for 3 days on our vacation from Texas. The rooms were very clean and the kitchen was nice even though we did not utilize much. The cabins are older but have been maintained well and upgraded.The owner was very nice and did their best to accommodate us. The location was walking distance to downtown area and restaurants which was a nice feature. We would definitely recommend staying here and will ourselves in the future. Also nice to stay in an American owned and operated lodge.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ahooper
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights while touring southwestern Colorado. I mostly used it as a place to sleep and prepare for my next day of adventure.

First, my room was pretty small. As I understand it, it was an add-on between 2 once-separate cabins. But I didn't mind. It was clean and comfortable and had a nice kitchenette stocked with all of the basics you would most likely need, especially if you use it mostly as a base camp as I did. If I felt like I needed more space I would just sit on the front deck and soak up the beautiful weather.
The shower provided plenty of hot water, and the pressure was fine. There is an electric portable heater in the room. I forgot to turn it on before I fell asleep the first night, so the room was chilly when I woke up, although the blankets kept me plenty warm in bed. It only took a few minutes for the heater to make the room more comfortable once I got out of bed.

I didn't cook while in the room, but used some dishes and utensils while eating food I brought back. The fridge was old but worked fine. There is a small table in the kitchenette area - it was fine for 1 person, a little tight for 2.

Some bikers stayed in the room on one side the first night and a lady with a dog on the other side the second night. I heard a little noise through the walls the first night but it was minimal and it didn't keep me from falling asleep and enjoying a deep sleep. I heard nothing the second night.

The young lady who was managing the place (the owner's daughter, I believe) was very friendly and helpful. It was also very nice to chat with her and her aunt for a while one evening.

There is so much to see and do in and around Lake City. I wanted to stay a LOT longer. This is a very laid-back, friendly town. If you live in a large city like me, it's a little shocking at first to see how open, friendly, and relaxed the whole town is. But they do roll up the sidewalks early so don't expect a lot to be open after 5 or 6. But there are a few places open where you can get great food, beverages, and friendly discussion, such as the Restless Spirits Saloon.

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, inexpensive place to relax and recharge while you are seeing the sights of the area, I highly recommend the Lake City Resort. If you need a large room with a lot of modern amenities, this might not be the place for you. The minimalist amenities match the price, but I still feel like I got a bargain when you factor in the friendly host, the nicely-stocked kitchenette, and the hot shower.

Room Tip: Although I didn't have a problem with noisy neighbors, you might want to ask for a room with onl...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Jim M

Been to Lake City Resort? Share your experiences!