“Nice older motel, beautiful view.”
Review of Alpine Moose Lodge

Alpine Moose Lodge
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Older motel where you drive right up to your door. For $90 in June, 2011, we got a king bed and flat screen TV. Room is typical older room, but large. Room was recently redone. Everything worked. Excellent place to sit outside in the evening and enjoy a drink. Restaurant looks like they have an excellent menu, not inexpensive, but they were busy. We didn't eat there. No hot tub or pool. It was close to the highway, but it was quiet. Lake City is kind of the end of the line. Not much traffic.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike9876
BRUNO C, Owner at Alpine Moose Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you very much ,Sir , you did not make a personal issue about our place but you judged it as a simple comfortable older motel with not to many problems!!!!!
since you came we replaced all windows and screens and revamping all the rooms for this winter

CHEF Bruno Courtin AlpINE MOOSE LODGE

Reviewed July 21, 2010

When to Colorado during nationwide heat wave. Lake City didn't escape it (90 degrees). Lodge didn't have air conditioning (didn't expect them to), but when I asked if I could get screens put on my room windows so I could open them to get some cool night air, the response was "there aren't any bugs in Lake City". Sadly, the comment came from the owner! I killed 14 mosquitoes before I bedtime & 3 days after my stay, I'm still scratching. WOULDN'T STAY AGAIN IF IT WERE FREE!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank RickP55
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I made a reservation over the phone. Owner was gruff and warned me that if we didn't show up, we would be charged $25. We arrived at 2:30 and the place was deserted. Came back at 4:00 (check in was 3:00) and waited until 4:45. Owner never showed up so we moved on. Could we charge owner $25 for not being there?

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lduncan23

Another one not worthy an answer but let me ask Tripadvisor : How a person who did not even enter a room can have an opinion on cleanliness.
Even innkeepers can have a medical emergency and not be able to be there.
I have done that profession for 40 years ,am proud of it and do not understand the way that industry is going.
This person should even not be able to have a review published
CHEF Bruno Courtin
Alpine moose lodge

Reviewed August 24, 2009

Upon check in the gentlemen in the white coat appears to be very nice. However, he does state that he prefers animals over people. The restaurant seems cozy and smells very good and I was referred to the lodge, told that it was a nice place. Outward appearances says its nice until you get to your room.

Always inspect your room prior to paying. I failed to do this and boy was I disappointed. The room had a double bed and a small kitchenette. The signs said pots and pans were available. There were none. There was a frig, it hadn't been cleaned out and there was still food in it. The linoleum floor in the kitchen was split and curling.

In the bathroom, the shower was dirty with someone elses soap and shampoo and it had not been cleaned. The tile was falling off in the shower and was black and gross.

The beds were made up and looked ok, when tested you could tell one was built up underneath with board and was a crappy bed. The other seemed ok.

We were tired, had been climbing mountains and thought we could overlook most of it for a clean bed and a tv to relax and watch. Wrong. The tv was a late 60's model, and a piece of crap. The color came out across the top and bottom and the middle was black and white. When we pulled the sheets back after the shower (clean towels were provided!) there was other peoples hair and what appeared to be red stuff and bugs in between the blankets on the sheets. I was grossed out and had to sleep on top of the bed cover with my clothes on.

I went up to talk to the man and tell him, but a women that worked there said he was busy. So I told her the room hadn't been cleaned and that there were no pots and pans and that the shower tiles were falling off and that I we didn't want to get billed for it. I then left and when I went back later they had closed up. I went back in the morning, thinking I might let it all slide for a good breakfast or continental breakfast. He told me they would never do that, give free food. He also said the sheets were commercially cleaned and that I must be wrong. He also told me to never come back again. I wished him a nice weekend and told him that I wouldn't.

The up side is I paid almost a $100 so my dog could sleep in the room with us, and she was perfectly happy. It does have a nice deck that overlooks the street and the place has pretty lights at night, and it was dry.

Save your money and sleep somewhere else. You might actually sleep well. I didn't eat in the restaurant and with the way I was treated won't likely.

6  Thank ClimbersGirl

Been to Alpine Moose Lodge? Share your experiences!