“Take out....seriously bad”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 95th
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I ignored the less than favorable reviews at this restaurant to give it a try. My husband picked up take out tonight and we will not be back. He said the hostess bordered on rude, very unwelcoming. I had the bolognese....tasteless. The sausage, which should have been wonderful, as it was from Old Style Sausage in Louisville, was overcooked to the point of being burned. This dinner was overpriced and awful. Cannot believe they are still in business.

1  Thank kawback
There are newer reviews for Zamparelli's Italian Bistro

Reviewed September 1, 2011

The food at Zamparelli's is quite good. I've been for both lunch and dinner and had a good time. I find the menu and wine list are pretty small, but effective. I'm always impressed with the special offers (emails, holiday specials, etc.) as well as the management involvement. I feel the staff here works hard, and if they don't, the manager is on them in a heartbeat. Good attention to detail.

The only two things I would like to see improved are a few more wine and dessert selections.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Zamparelli's has good pizza and a friendly environment. Would recommend if you are looking for a relatively casual meal.

Reviewed November 24, 2010

My family goes here at least once a week. We love the salads, risotto balls, pizza and of the wonderful cocktails! Nancy, the owner, is always there to greet us with a smile.

Reviewed June 4, 2010

Oh, such a pretty looking restaurant but the food is BAAAD! My salad had a "Citrus Vinaigrette" -- sounds good, right? Well not if the Citrus they use is GRAPEFRUIT!!! Add that to some vinegar and you have the makings of one of the WORST tasting salads I ever had. The owner saw my displeasure and took no interest in rectifying the situation. Seriously, she's physically there but she's a million miles away in terms of connecting with the likes/dislikes of her customers. I was visiting my sister from out of town and my sister said: "Ive been here many times for the pizza, many times, and the owner never once came up to say hello to me". Anyway, this place really could use a visit from Gordon Ramsey. The college-student staff is sweet but they are not trained well. They messed up a lot and are totally clueless. Nice kids, poor mgmt!