“Ideal Base House for exploring Iceland”
other travelers have booked this property
The Cottage View from the house
Kitchen - Fully equipped
Dining room
Bathroom with shower
View from bedroom
Private road to the house - free parking
Neighborhood
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Ali0417
Perth, Australia
“Ideal Base House for exploring Iceland”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

Arrived at the house and we were met by Elias who was extremely welcoming and helpful. The house is brilliant - close to Keflavik airport - set on a beautiful property with amazing views. Very quiet location yet not to far to shops, restaurants etc. There were four of us staying in the house and we had plenty of space. The views out the windows are lovely. Even if you just wanted a few days relaxing in the house you could sit there and look out the window and feel chilled out. The house was lovely and warm, great having internet and good assortment of channels on the TV. Very comfortable place to stay and we had a fantastic time in Iceland. Highly recommended!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and quiet, views and easy access
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Krummi930
Winsted, Connecticut
“My Forever Home”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

I don't even know where to begin. I know few people who have traveled to Iceland as frequently as I have (33 times so far). I am constantly trying and researching new places to stay when I am not on business. Through Tripadvisor I happened upon what we all now call The Little Red House. If I could own a place anywhere in Iceland this would be it. The location between Keflavik and Reyjavik is perfect. In the summer you have beach and in the winter perfect viewing of the Aurora Borealis. You are moments away from the Blue Lagoon and the staggeringly unreal jewels that make up the Reykjanes Peninsula. The house itself is outfitted with every imaginable convenience. Washer, dryer, dishwasher, flat screen TV, wifi. The beds are super comfortable. The kitchen..although small is perfect and well appointed and what a view! The bathroom..although only one is huge and spotless. And then there is the owner, Elias....he is absolutely delicious...so kind so helpful..He bends over backwards for his customers. I just cannot say enough about him or his property. I have sent several of my customers (only the REALLY special ones) to Elias. This property and its owner are super special and so should be the people who rent it. I am back here again in September 2014 and in January 2015. I actually rent a room nearby but prefer to stay here. There is a spirit about Cabo Barque Grande that is utterly indescribable. Once you rent it you'll know exactly what I mean. Such a dear man and such a dear property. How lucky we all are that Elias makes it available to us.

Liked best: Perfection
Liked least: The stairs to the upper loft are very steep and perhaps not suitable for elderly or disabled.
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Felicity...
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely comfortable cottage”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

We arrived fairly late, and the owner Elias was there to greet us, he had been very helpful prior to arrival, and emailed details of supermarkets which would be open late, and places of interest. We saw the northern lights on our first night!....This house is in the perfect location for the beginning, end, or the duration of your stay, even though it is fairly close to the airport
it was quiet and peaceful, plenty to see and do nearby, including the Blue Lagoon, and the layout would lend itself to a fairly large group. The stairs to the upper room are fairly steep, which didn't bother us at all, but may be an issue for some. The house was very well equipped, had a washing machine, tumble drier and dishwasher....it also had wi-fi which was an added bonus, as we weren't expecting it! We only stayed for two nights, but I wish we had stayed longer. I would recommend this house to others and stay there again myself!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
West Virginia
Reviewed February 23, 2014 for a stay in July 2013

West Virginia
Reviewed February 23, 2014 for a stay in July 2013

Krummi930
Winsted, Connecticut
“If there is heaven on earth...”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

The spirit of this lovely property captured me from the moment I found it on Trip Advisor but stepping through the door for the first time sealed my fate. This is actually the second time I have booked the house. I stayed for just one night last September (the delightful owner, Elias...could not have been more accommodating as the house does have a minimum stay). I wanted to see if it would work for my group of friends in January. It obviously did. The house is beautifully located between the airport and Reykjavik..and close to the Blue Lagoon. Perfectly placed for viewing the Northern Lights! We saw them 3 separate evenings! It is as neat as a pin and as cozy as can be with every amenity you could hope for: wireless internet, flat screen TV (we never used it...just too busy!), a large bathroom, washing machine etc. The beds were incredibly comfy. The upstairs beds are accessed by a rather steep staircase typical in houses this age. I am not complaining just stating a fact. The view from the small but very functional kitchen made washing dishes a dream as you look out over water. We had at least 8 dinner guests every evening and concerts and presentations in the spacious living room. The house is on the water so beautiful beach walks can be had. On my stay in September we were greeted by an Arctic Fox at the driveway entrance and seals on the beach. What else could you possibly need? OK!! A HOT POT!!! The house could use a hot pot..then I would never leave. The extra bonus is the home's owner, Elias...charming, helpful, I find myself smiling as I write this just thinking of him. I am a frequent traveler to Iceland (31 times so far) and this property is branded into my heart. If I could own a place anywhere in Iceland this would be it. I have found my heaven in this little red house or LRH as my friends call it. Everyone is in love with it. Trust me. You will fall in love as well.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything. The place is flawless.
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
ct
Reviewed October 6, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing