“Lovely comfortable cottage”
other travelers have booked this property
GPS location . Stóra Knarrarnes. 64°00´28N  22°19‘54W The Cottage
Dining room
Bathroom with shower
View from bedroom
Boat available
Private road to the house - free parking
Neighborhood
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely comfortable cottage”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

We arrived fairly late, and the owner Elias was there to greet us, he had been very helpful prior to arrival, and emailed details of supermarkets which would be open late, and places of interest. We saw the northern lights on our first night!....This house is in the perfect location for the beginning, end, or the duration of your stay, even though it is fairly close to the airport
it was quiet and peaceful, plenty to see and do nearby, including the Blue Lagoon, and the layout would lend itself to a fairly large group. The stairs to the upper room are fairly steep, which didn't bother us at all, but may be an issue for some. The house was very well equipped, had a washing machine, tumble drier and dishwasher....it also had wi-fi which was an added bonus, as we weren't expecting it! We only stayed for two nights, but I wish we had stayed longer. I would recommend this house to others and stay there again myself!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
West Virginia
Reviewed February 23, 2014 for a stay in July 2013

West Virginia
Reviewed February 23, 2014 for a stay in July 2013

Krummi930
Winsted, Connecticut
“If there is heaven on earth...”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

The spirit of this lovely property captured me from the moment I found it on Trip Advisor but stepping through the door for the first time sealed my fate. This is actually the second time I have booked the house. I stayed for just one night last September (the delightful owner, Elias...could not have been more accommodating as the house does have a minimum stay). I wanted to see if it would work for my group of friends in January. It obviously did. The house is beautifully located between the airport and Reykjavik..and close to the Blue Lagoon. Perfectly placed for viewing the Northern Lights! We saw them 3 separate evenings! It is as neat as a pin and as cozy as can be with every amenity you could hope for: wireless internet, flat screen TV (we never used it...just too busy!), a large bathroom, washing machine etc. The beds were incredibly comfy. The upstairs beds are accessed by a rather steep staircase typical in houses this age. I am not complaining just stating a fact. The view from the small but very functional kitchen made washing dishes a dream as you look out over water. We had at least 8 dinner guests every evening and concerts and presentations in the spacious living room. The house is on the water so beautiful beach walks can be had. On my stay in September we were greeted by an Arctic Fox at the driveway entrance and seals on the beach. What else could you possibly need? OK!! A HOT POT!!! The house could use a hot pot..then I would never leave. The extra bonus is the home's owner, Elias...charming, helpful, I find myself smiling as I write this just thinking of him. I am a frequent traveler to Iceland (31 times so far) and this property is branded into my heart. If I could own a place anywhere in Iceland this would be it. I have found my heaven in this little red house or LRH as my friends call it. Everyone is in love with it. Trust me. You will fall in love as well.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything. The place is flawless.
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
ct

Boston, MA
“Just perfect”
Reviewed August 2, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful

Beautiful cottage, BJ and his wife are _super_ nice and extremely helpful making arrangements and helping choose what to do (and there's plenty in Iceland!). Clean, neat, not fancy but homey and everything you need (including outdoor gas grill). On the beach, great views all around, excellent walks. Lots of birds. Definitely away-from-it-all yet 15-20 min from Reykjavik and Keflavik. Easy to get to the Blue Lagoon. Thanks, Birgir!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Views, quiet, homey
Liked least: If you want a place in the thick of things, this isn't it. It's on the coast and gorgeous.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing