“I score this 11 out of 10 the best lobster going ”
Review of The Lobster Pot

The Lobster Pot
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Rhydwyn
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was a 40 th BD celebration dinner

The restaurant is tucked away at the tip of Anglesey in a secluded peaceful area

We had booked a table for 10

Immediately shown to a particularly well dressed table and menus passed around while enjoying a nice glass of Amerone

This restaurant has a reputation for classy fish and lobster dishes

We were not disappointed at all

I had the scallops mornay followed by lobster thermadore - the veggies and side dishes perfectly complimented the lobster which was marvellous- by a long long way the best I had ever tasted

Followed by knickerbocker glory pudding

Others in the party had fillet steak / sea bass / all dishes perfectly presented and temperature hot

The staff were never obtrusive and exactly reflected the aims of this superb restaurant by giving of their best

If in Anglesey book and see for yourself

Anyone who says this restaurant is overrated is wrong !

I’d say absolute perfection

C

1  Thank 9,997,777
Write a reviewReviews (606)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a fabulous meal on our last night in Anglesey. Great hosts. Beautiful location well worth a visit

Reviewed September 4, 2019

On arriving at Anglesey we noticed signs for the Lobster Pot. On arriving and studying the menu which is clearly printed and priced on a pillar outside we decided to give it a try. I can honestly say it was the best meal we have ever had, the lobster was to die for, as were the starter and dessert. The service was excellent. It was so good we went back two days later.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019

After reading all the reviews me and my partner we’re looking forward to eating here. We both enjoy cooking and eating good quality food and were excited to see what the lobster pot was all about.
Service was ok. Had the oysters to start they were good. Then came the main the lobster thermadore, one each. It came with a bland, unseasoned, watery, cheese sauce. The sauce completely ruined the dish. Maybe if we chose a different lobster dish this wouldn’t be the case. Or maybe the normal chef was on his day off. Then as we paid the £73.30 for a lunch. I gave a £5 tip, I saw one of the staff member pointing and making a face at the tip. Not good.

2  Thank Jack B
Reviewed August 27, 2019

Difficult to find, but worth the effort, this restaurant is situated at the bottom of a long narrow lane in Chuch Bay. Parking can be a problem.
We arrived early and went for a stroll on the small delightful beach;.
The premises are a converted bungalow overlooking the beach. Inside we noticed that the building had been divided up 'sensibly'. No interior designer here!
The patterned carpets design was from the 1950's
All the staff were friendly and welcoming. The food arrived without delay, including ample array of vegetable and salad accompanments (free!) the spicy crab cakes were good, the lobster however arrived without the claws, which meant less fun struggling with pincers and hammer, but I had looked forward to the battle. I can only assume that the claws had been removed to fund another dish.

Date of visit: August 2019