“Pine Creek/ Numbers Trip”

Arkansas Valley Adventures - Day Rafting
Book In Advance
More Info
$77.06*
and up
Half day Upper Colorado River Float Tour
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Kremmling
More attraction details
Owner description: Whitewater Rafting trips on the famous Colorado River. Choose from scenic floats and inflatable kayak trips through mountain ranchland and canyons or the biggest Class V in the West: Gore Canyon! Our Kremmling office is located in the center of town and is convenient to Summit County, Winter Park, Steamboat and Vail. Free wetsuits. Click the red Trip Discounts button on or website for our daily deals! AVA was voted Best of Summit 3 times running!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I recently went on the Pine Creek/ Numbers trip with AVA after our narrows trip was canceled with a different company due to low water levels. I was looking for some level 3-4 rapids after having one other previous experience rafting in AZ, and booking this level trip made me a little nervous not having much experience. I am so glad we got switched to more extreme rapids! To our benefit it had rained for a couple days before our trip, so the water levels were up. I would recommend this trip for all young adults and older looking for a little more adventure. The guides do a great job navigating the river and providing directions. We had one member of our raft fall our at the start of the level 5 rapid and by the time we noticed he was out the guide had him halfway pulled back into the boat.
The only disappointment was the cost of photos/disc at the end. $50 dollars for 7 photos on a disc!

All reviews
"family float"
in 5 reviews
"trip fun"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
in 6 reviews
"small rapids"
"splash jackets"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed July 15, 2013

It was a great trip and Vee our guide made it really fun. The 1/2 day trip is perfect for small kids, everyone had a great time.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was looking for a rafting trip that would be fun for three adults but safe for a three-year-old, and after reading the many good reviews on AVA's website, I decided to book their half-day float trip. It was WONDERFUL!! Our guide, Brendan, was very kind and easygoing, very skilled with the raft, and great with children. He made the trip fun for the adults and took us through some fun rapids, but he made sure we felt safe and comfortable having a child on board the whole time. We traveled with a couple other boats from the company, and all the other guides were great as well, very good with kids and just definitely making sure everyone had a good time. Very professional group of people. Also, the scenery on Little Gore Canyon was absolutely beautiful, some of the prettiest river scenery I have ever seen.We saw bald eagles and big horn sheep and had great mountain views. I recently moved to Colorado, and I will not hesitate to take family and friends on AVA trips again.

1  Thank Brandy G
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked the Colorado River all day trip and so happy with that decision. Justin was our guide for the day and I can't even begin to explain how happy we were that he was our guide. He is so knowledgeable of the area, rafting, hiking and fun! I went with my husband, mother-in-law, and kids (9,10,17, 19 & 20).

This was a really great day for the family. You have to work together as a team, we jumped the 30 foot jump into the water and there were some great moments (we got stuck on a rock and had to work our way out of it.. awesome!). I would recommend the full day trip, I would have been disappointed with only the half day as we were having so much fun and wanted to keep going!

Justin was really an amazing guide, if you can pick your guide, pick him! He explained a LOT of stuff to the kids, shared history of the area, made the trip very fun and encouraged the kids to be adventurous. They LOVED it and actually learned a thing or two!

On a side note, we did bring a small collapsible cooler for extra water, but didn't really need it. They provided an excellent lunch! Excellent sandwiches, fruit, avocado and more! We stopped at the "island" on the trip and hung out for awhile. We did rent a "duckie" boat that our 20 year old used, and then on the island, our younger kids were able to use it. It is a smaller inflatable boat that can be attached to the bigger one. Lots of fun and well worth it for older, stronger kids that want to tackle the river on their own.

Best day of our trip and I am looking forward to doing the next step up! Thanks Justin for an awesome day!!