“EXCEEDED THE HIGHEST OF EXPECTATIONS!!!”
Review of Rusty Spurr Ranch

Rusty Spurr Ranch
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Kremmling
More attraction details
Owner description: The Rusty Spurr Ranch offers non-nose-to-tail riding. Our guests are permitted, encouraged and given instruction on how to spread out and ride abreast instead of in a strict nose-to-tail fashion. We offer a variety of trail ride experiences, a 3-4 hour Cattle Drive and our all-in-one Saddle&Paddle activity providing the opportunity to ride and raft all in one day! We are centrally located to several top Colorado resorts. We are about an hour from Breckenridge, Steamboat and Winter Park, so wherever you stay you can easily enjoy a ride with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“EXCEEDED THE HIGHEST OF EXPECTATIONS!!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I hosted my YPO Forum (Young President's Organization) at our home in Tabernash, Colorado the first week in June. We are a group of 7 CEO's who run different types of business and we get together 1x/month for 4 hours every month and then have an annual retreat every year. We've been together 9 years and every retreat we've ever done has exceeded expectations. So, the pressure was really on to deliver for this one as well. I found the Rusty Spurr Ranch online and saw the Cattle Drive activity. I called and spoke with both Connie and Han and explained what we were looking for and they asked a lot of questions to make sure we would be happy with the activity. Happy doesn't even start to cover it. We did a 4 1/2 hour cattle drive that was spectacular and fun beyond words. The beauty of the landscape plus the expert instruction and care were over the top followed by a yummy lunch. I rarely go overboard like this to describe an experience but this exceeded every one of our expectations. Han and Connie and their fun and lively team have an awesome thing going and I can't wait to take my Executive Committee from my company back there. I will probably go back on my own as well to do another cattle drive. Thank you for a great experience Rusty Spurr Ranch!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank CrazyArrow

Boulder, Colorado
“Piece of heaven!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband, brother in-law, and his fiance recently went on an absolutely beautiful 2 hour horseback ride at the Rusty Spurr Ranch. It was totally magical. The horses were incredibly well behaved, beautiful, and energetic. Futhermore, our guide Jake was very knowledgeable about the area, highly accommodating, and easy going. And then there's the fact that the Rusty Spurr sits on 10,000 acres of some of the most scenic property in Colorado. It was absolutely stunning, and we all couldn't believe our good fortune for stumbling upon this place online. DO NOT PASS THIS PLACE UP. It's not a nose to butt outfit-- and you can ride spread out. More experienced riders can even loap if they demonstrate their skill level before the ride. We will definitely be back! This place was outstanding. Thank you so much!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank NicoleR2121
Denver, Colorado
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“The Best!!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

If you are looking for a wonderful ride with wonderful people and awesome views - this is the place to go. This is not you average dude ranch ride. If you are on the adventurous side - try a cattle drive. Saddle up and come visit these folks - their rides are great!

Visited August 2013
North Andover, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Boston Visits the "Wild West"”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We participated in the Cattle Drive this past summer while vacationing and visiting family in Colorado. I am 23 and was hesitant when my mom signed us up as I have hardly ever been on a horse and never had to perform any type of task on a horse! I can honestly say that I had a wonderful and rewarding time. It was hard work, however, with the help of Hans, our other guide and Zoe (the incredible dog) we were able to herd the cattle successfully. We all learned so much and enjoyed the genuine conversation and hospitality shared with us by the staff. This is something for all ages as myself, my 10 year old sister and my parents (in their mid 50's) all had a great time. We are neither horse back riders nor back woods/ country enthusiasts - in fact we are "yankees" from suburban Boston and we would go back in a "heart beat"!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Caille S
Austin, Texas
“Rusty Spurr Adventure”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

After researching horseback riding opportunities in the Breckenridge/Frisco/Dillon area, we chose a cattle drive with the Rusty Spurr Ranch on August 16, 2013. We could not have been more pleased with the choice and still are. Three females with riding abilities ranging from "vacation only" to lessons and barrel riding as a youngster we were all equally thrilled. The scenery was spectacular; the opportunity to ride a variety of terrain wonderful as well. Han and Zoe (our working cattle dog) were professional and encouraging as our guides and amazing to see at work. Han and his team operate a truly fine equestrian experience and as highlighted on their website their unique approach is apparent in every aspect. We have have never seen such beautiful and well-cared-for horses. We could not wipe the grins off of our faces after taking great pride in actually moving "our herd." The ride was followed by a tasty and rewarding lunch back at the ranch. We will not hesitate to return anytime we are in the area!

Nancy, Casey & Delta Di