“Boston Visits the "Wild West"”
Review of Rusty Spurr Ranch

Rusty Spurr Ranch
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Kremmling
More attraction details
Owner description: The Rusty Spurr Ranch offers non-nose-to-tail riding. Our guests are permitted, encouraged and given instruction on how to spread out and ride abreast instead of in a strict nose-to-tail fashion. We offer a variety of trail ride experiences, a 3-4 hour Cattle Drive and our all-in-one Saddle&Paddle activity providing the opportunity to ride and raft all in one day! We are centrally located to several top Colorado resorts. We are about an hour from Breckenridge, Steamboat and Winter Park, so wherever you stay you can easily enjoy a ride with us.
North Andover, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Boston Visits the "Wild West"”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We participated in the Cattle Drive this past summer while vacationing and visiting family in Colorado. I am 23 and was hesitant when my mom signed us up as I have hardly ever been on a horse and never had to perform any type of task on a horse! I can honestly say that I had a wonderful and rewarding time. It was hard work, however, with the help of Hans, our other guide and Zoe (the incredible dog) we were able to herd the cattle successfully. We all learned so much and enjoyed the genuine conversation and hospitality shared with us by the staff. This is something for all ages as myself, my 10 year old sister and my parents (in their mid 50's) all had a great time. We are neither horse back riders nor back woods/ country enthusiasts - in fact we are "yankees" from suburban Boston and we would go back in a "heart beat"!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Caille S

Austin, Texas
“Rusty Spurr Adventure”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

After researching horseback riding opportunities in the Breckenridge/Frisco/Dillon area, we chose a cattle drive with the Rusty Spurr Ranch on August 16, 2013. We could not have been more pleased with the choice and still are. Three females with riding abilities ranging from "vacation only" to lessons and barrel riding as a youngster we were all equally thrilled. The scenery was spectacular; the opportunity to ride a variety of terrain wonderful as well. Han and Zoe (our working cattle dog) were professional and encouraging as our guides and amazing to see at work. Han and his team operate a truly fine equestrian experience and as highlighted on their website their unique approach is apparent in every aspect. We have have never seen such beautiful and well-cared-for horses. We could not wipe the grins off of our faces after taking great pride in actually moving "our herd." The ride was followed by a tasty and rewarding lunch back at the ranch. We will not hesitate to return anytime we are in the area!

Nancy, Casey & Delta Di

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Casey N
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome! Much better than expected!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went on the "cattle drive" expecting to move a few head of cattle over to the next field. They have over 10,000 acres leased - five of us (and a great catalogs a "rescue dog" moved over a hundred head over expansive fields, high wooded hills, etc., absolutely nothing like the average "trail ride". Owners run the ranch and very "hands on" and it shows.
Highly reccomended the cattle drive, but it is a workout!

Westhampton
“Best Experience Ever!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Rusty Spurr Ranch was amazing. My family and I enjoyed every second. From the fun ride up to the ranch on the gravel road to the warm greeting we received from Connie and of course the BEAUTIFUL ride. Our guide Lauren was awesome answering questions and keeping an eye on everything. We felt safe and secure and completely trusted our horses. I cannot recommend this place enough. It was the best experience we could have had.

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Best Experience in Colorado”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Amidst massive flooding in Colorado this week our ride in Estes park was cancelled. I was determined to go and called this place up. They found us a ride the next day. The drive to the place is half the fun. A 4.5 mile ride down a dirt road and views of the mountains. The guides were super nice and helpful. I'm a beginner and was introduced to Bandit. He was the perfect horse! Super easy to handle and sweet. The trail wound around hills and down hill, uphill, into Aspen groves. The views were amazing! You get to make your own trail sort of so you're not stuck in a line which makes you feel like a real rider and not just some tourist. I HIGHLY recommend coming to the Rusty Spurr.

1 Thank Mandabeth