“Graduation trip!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Liquid Descent Whitewater Rafting

Liquid Descent Whitewater Rafting
Ranked #5 of 12 things to do in Kremmling
More attraction details
Owner description: Liquid Descent provides a wide variety of rafting trips on Colorado's best rivers. Whether you are a first time rafter or an expert looking for class V adventure, we have the trip for you. Liquid Descent offers group discounts for parties of ten or more, and we have multiple locations for our customer's convenience.At Liquid Descent we hire only the most experienced and personable guides from all over the world. The guide is probably the most important component of an enjoyable river experience. We make sure our guides are happy so they make sure you are happy!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Graduation trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

My daughter & I did the beginner trip last week!! Our guides John & Sabre where amazing!! We fell in love with whitewater rafting & where ready to go again once it was over!! I look forward to seeing you all again next year!! Keep up the great work you all do!! I will definitely recommend Liquid Descent to everyone I know traveling to Colorado!!

Visited June 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great trip for family of all ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was a great trip that my nine-year-old son and even my 69-year-old mother could enjoy. Our guide Zack made it fun and interesting for everybody! The beginners trip on the upper Colorado River gave us an awesome view of Little Gore Canyon and the Gore Mountain Range.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bonschuldt
Georgetown, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Gore Canyon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

My BF and I went down Gore Canyon with LD on Aug. 2nd. I gave it 5 stars from his perspective (he loved it, planning on going back). From my perspective….well, consider this a cautionary tale for all the ladies out there. The guides are all super professional, respectful, and laid back. Gore Canyon’s whitewater (level V) is considered the most dangerous you can do commercially in Colorado – perhaps in the nation (thank you google). First you load up the bus and drive to the drop off point, and row a couple of miles. OK, no problem. Then, you have to do the first swim test. You have to get in the freezing cold water and swim face up UNDER the boat, and swim the width of the boat. Super scary but necessary. Next swim test – you have to jump in the rapids, swim to middle of the river, float toes first for a while, then swim to shore. Also scary but necessary. The guides (ours was Lee, awesome) tell you all the safety info and go over the types of commands. Just do everything they tell you do. For example, if he says “Highside Right!” jump as fast as you can to the right of the raft. We didn’t move quickly enough and our raft went vertical up on a rock….I felt myself sliding out of the raft in slow motion, Titanic style, then the next thing I knew I was hurling down Kirshbaum rapids, struggling to remember: “feet first, toes up” while jostling through the rocks and water, just trying to stay alive. It seemed like I was going 100 miles an hour down the rapids, then I felt myself being lifted out the water. Jesus? Is that you? No, it was Lee, our faithful guide, who yanked me out of the water in the midst of the swirling, washing machine-type rapids. We were missing another guy and some paddles, and I was just hanging on dear life. The team-work of the guides is amazing. There were many, many other (mis)adventures that day, but I guess that’s the fun of it for adrenaline junkies. I was the only female on this trip (aside from Greta, awesome safety patrol) and most of the time, I was freezing and terrified. Ladies, unless you are Super Girl, sit this one out and go to the spa!!!! On the other hand, I can say, “yeah, I did Gore. I swam Kirshbaum.” So that’s pretty cool.

Visited August 2013
10 Thank Coco P
Milwaukee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Epic Whitewater Rafting Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our guide John made the Gore Canyon trip super "Gore-gazmic". He safely maneuvered us through class 5 rapids that made grown men quiver. We had five guys on this trip for a bachelor party and it was totally worth the trip to Kremmling! I would go back in a heartbeat to run that section of Colorado river again. The guys at Liquid Descent made this trip amazing, capturing some spicy moments with a river running around 1200 cfs! If you are looking for an adrenaline rush do the advanced full-day trip with the guys at Liquid Descent and you won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank mrping002
“Great time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We booked with Liquid Descent because another company was full for the day we wanted. We are so glad they were booked! LD was great! They seem to really enjoy what they're doing and are very nice people. I would highly recommend them over other companies. Richard was our guide, and he was fantastic. Very informative and asked the kids on our raft questions about themselves. Thanks for a great last day of our trip to CO!

Visited July 2013