“Best Breakfast Ever”

Dining options: Breakfast
Conifer
“Best Breakfast Ever”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have taken guests five times and never been anything but totally overwhelmed with the experience. The food is great, the servings are huge, the service couldn't be friendlier, and the crowds, and there are crowds, are polite, patient and gracious.

• Visited April 2014

Evergreen
“Good Food but Not Worth It”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I'm a 73 year old Evergreen resident & am embarrassed that we have people up here that think it is ok to abuse their customers.
After being treated poorly for the 3rd time, I've decided I will NEVER go again. The first time we were asked to wait outside in a snowstorm with freezing temps. The second was a birthday celebration and we were chatting after eating and were in the process of paying when we were asked to leave so they could fill the table! Easter Sunday was the last time & it started badly when I walked in to put our name in with my coffee cup & was told I could not have my cup (I was ok with that & went outside to wait), finally we were seated and one of our party had green tea with about 2 swallows left. She was told very rudely to "give me that" as you aren't allowed, she was shocked & when she said "what", he repeated "give me that". She said I will take it outside, which she did. She then went to talk to the manager. Soon after out waiter came up and said "we aren't serving this table". Needless to say we were shocked and could not believe what was happening. We left and went down the street to the Bear Creek Inn...which is a nicer setting and good food too.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Shirley W
“Breakfast for years but just tried lunch!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here for breakfast for years and always love the food and service. We just had lunch and it was amazing. Not sure why it took so long for us to try. Got two completely different sandwiches and both were delicious and loaded with high quality meats and veggies. Salad of the day was great as well. Not your typical 'plate filler'

2 Thank SheppardEvergreen
Conifer, Colorado
“Excellent food...so so service”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

First time to this restaurant. We're new locals, so we like to get out and sample new places.We were able to get a table inside right away. Bearded gentleman took our order, then we were turned over to a very young man. He was very pleasant, but came to check on us and the table next to us about every two minutes. Overkill. He brought change to us that belonged to the next table. Straightened that out, then he brought us our check which was 30.27, so we gave him 40.27. He asked if we needed change back and we told him "yes". About ten minutes later it became apparent that he had forgotten us, we went to the counter and asked the bearded gentleman for our change. The young man approached and replied EMPHATICALLY that he had already dropped it off at our table. When we told them he had not, they both just sat there and stared at us and once again the young server told us he had already brought it to us. Sigh. We got our change back but they all looked at us like we were trying to scam them. Clearly this kid needs more supervision before being allowed to serve tables by himself. Sadly the experience left us both feeling a little bit shaken and overshadowed the excellent food. It was not busy in the restaurant during our visit.

• Visited February 2014
Denver, Colorado
“"We want your breakfast visit to include a hospital stay!"”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Pregnant and recovering from a chest infection, I was asked to wait outside in 39 degree winter weather for 20 minutes, until my table was available. When I explained my sitiation of why I could NOT wait outside in 39 degree snowy winter weather, three staff behind the Hosting station including the owner insisted that I move outside because "they don't allow people to wait inside the restuarant for table seating until the tables are bussed and ready for seating! There were two empty tables by the front window to accomodate their wating customers, including myself and my husband. As my husband and I were there for Sunday breakfast, my wait was to be 20 minutes. We have traveled the world and have never been rudely pushed out into freezing temperatures to wait for an available table. Bad businesss, bad customer service, detrimental hospitality! We Will tell everyone we know about the horrific experience encountered at the Country Road Cafe and the complete willingness for the Country Road Cafe staff and ownership to put their customers in harms way.

• Visited January 2014