“Great service”

Western Trails Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Kiowa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

But the food is a mixed bag. The fried mushrooms and onion rings were excellent, but there was far too much char on my meat. Couldn't taste anything else.

Server was very friendly and really on the ball, though.

2  Thank laurascudder

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This steakhouse is worth the drive. You don't go for there for burgers, you only go for the steaks which are thick, juicy, perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. Their Prime Rib is the best I've ever had and my husband's family are cattle ranchers.

The prices are a little high but worth every penny once you cut into that steak! There is a limited salad bar and just a few sides but you go for the steaks!

The owner is usually manning the grill and if your steak is not exactly the way you want it, send it back and they will happily make it right. The service is good nothing great but adequate.

The atmosphere is country simple. Wood floors and beams and a huge stone fireplace make it very inviting.

1  Thank Yellowdogs1
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I had a meal here on a Sunday. My hamburger was a frozen patty that had been reheated. The home fries were good and so was the green chili, but to call yourself a steakhouse and buy frozen meat in a circle... really? The bathrooms were clean but the booths had stains. I had a draft beer which came in a cold mug but they only have one size. Small. Maybe 12 oz? I ordered my hamburger and it came in minutes which would explain why it tasted like a reheated frozen hamburger. Yuk. On the steak menu they didn't have porterhouse or ribeye. Really? It really is a nice building and neat because it has a great Colorado feel. The food however was simply awful. I saw them using a microwave which might explain the reheated meat. Disappointing. I told the waitress that the hamburger tasted like a frozen patty and she said that it was. That was all.

1  Thank savvytravelers40
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Visited this steakhouse with family members who live in Colorado & had a very enjoyable time.
We went on a week night & no need for advance booking, we were shown to our booth & quickly had our orders taken. It's not the most inexpensive steakhouse around but with it's location, this can be understood. The food and service was very good and I liked the 'Western Theme of this place, even the chef wore a western hat! Then again I am a bit biased towards anything with a 'Western' feel. After all the surrounding area is pretty much old cowboy country in prairie type landscape setting.