“Good food, demon eyes from Angela the server” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dos Locos

Dos Locos
Ranked #16 of 37 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
USA
“Good food, demon eyes from Angela the server”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Ok, we are not quite locals, but we visit Keystone 2-3 times a year. Not a year goes by that we do not eat at Dos Locos - I love the food. I will say the food was better this time then it was in August 2013.

But, the server Angela almost ruined the meal with her dirty demon looks she kept giving us. She HATED my son, my son is a 6'2" High School Freshman not a little kid. Perhaps she was having a bad day, but I almost left a tip of 0%, but I waited tables in College and I just could not do this. I have only left a 0% tip once in my life, and I seriously considered it for Angela.

I will give you an example, she had a tray overloaded with glassware. I beer bottle was falling headed for the floor, my son saw it caught it, gave her a chance to resettle the tray on her shoulder. She was about to lose the entire tray, it was full of beer bottles and glassware. She gave him a look that sent chills down our spines. Not a thank you - but a join me in Hades look. We were polite, not in a hurry, - but Dos Locos if Angela was just having a bad day ok - if not find another server. Her gift is not service - but looks that could kill St. Peter.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sierra T

Keystone, Colorado
“Local Hot Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

There's never a dull moment at Dos... No matter if you're there for a game that can be viewed on their MULTIPLE screens or for Kareoke, it's always a good time. I would say that their food in general is average for TexMex, but their happy hour chips and salsa are wonderful. The staff is always friendly and attentive and the beer selection is good!!! Dos is just across the street from Keystone Resort and a public buss stops right in front!! Great place to unwind after a day on the mountain!

Visited January 2014
Fort Collins
“excellent new year's eve dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We ususally do not dine out on New Years because it is crazy in Summit County our favorite jplaces have a min. 2 hour wait, but we had friends visiting so we looked for a place that took reservations and was reasonable. We were more than pleasantly surprised when we reserved a table for 9, 4 adults and 5 teenagers. The waitress was so accommodating, even when our party was not all there. She got us marg. and chips to hold us over. The food was good Mexican and everybody's dishes were great. So we will definitely go back. It is convient because it is right across the road from the ski area.

• Visited December 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“quick, cheap, and cheerful”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

It isn't the best mexican food, but it isn't the worst. The chips and salsa are left out in a huge basket for everyone to help themselves (not very hygienic as everyone was using their hands and probably why the chips seem stale; who knows how long they have been there). The salsa was delicious though. The happy hour drink/taco combo is probably your best option; buy a drink and tacos are like $1.50each. We ordered several different things and they completely messed up one of our orders. They tried to correct it and our new plate came out very quick, but they still couldn't get the order right--very frustrating when your are eating a meal with a group. Other than the mess up the margaritas were good and the food came out quick. Probably won't go back, we will try other mexican restaurants.

• Visited December 2013
Keystone, Colorado
“Good Mexican Food, Local's Hangout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

The title says it all. This locals bar serves up hot, quick Mexican food, excellent margs and does it all at reasonable prices. Lots of screens in the bar have a variety of sports channels. The bar is decorated with memorabilia from Keystone and A-basin ski resorts. Dos Locos has a number of special dishes (I love the Poblano Relleno) and lots of recognizable favorites. Their fajitas are great, and they have a good selection of top shelf tequilas.

• Visited October 2013