“A great, warm, friendly place”

Alpine Slopes Lodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Keystone
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at the Alpine Slopes Lodge just by myself in April and had a very pleasant time there.
The rooms are spec'ed to a high standard, the cleaning service is thorough, the furniture inviting.
The lobby with it's large leather couches and moose trophy majestically overseeing the room provides an enjoyable, relaxing environment for socialising or unwinding after a day on the slopes.
The breakfast is simple, but of excellent quality and has never failed to prepare me for the day.
I am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank christian m
There are newer reviews for Alpine Slopes Lodge

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at the Arapahoe Inn a few years ago and although the price and location were right the hotel itself was pretty poor. I was happily surprised to return to this same location under new management and with a new name. They kept the prices low but the rooms are MUCH nicer and cleaner. I have no idea why you'd stay anywhere else in the Keystone area..I'll definitely be back soon.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Keystone
Reviewed April 2, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We where in a bind as we got stuck in town due to the weather and a condo reservation was up. Wanted to take advantage of the "pow day" and hit Keystone, but not drive down the mountain in the dark. Not many options, but got a good price on booking.com. It is what everyone say's hit us $10 per person as they said the internet rate was based on two people. You have to 'get permission' to use the pool and hot tub from the front desk. Nothing like a front desk 'checking you out' in a swim suit. They try... Rooms where clean and seemed relatively updated. Memory foam toppers (why not go with new mattress) and a fridge in a standard room. Sink is outside the bathroom. It is a old school 'standard' hotel with two 'hotel' queens.... "breakfast' was bagles and english muffins with a some fruit... Take it... Old hotel with new attitude in a great location... If you just want to sleep at a decent price, nothing wrong with this property. If you want amenities, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: I would go on top as a lot of 'late night' traffic comes in the entrance.
1  Thank Eric L
AlpineSlopesLodge970, Owner at Alpine Slopes Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2015

Alpine Slopes Lodge is a perfect option for guests who are looking to enjoy Keystone apres ski at several locations within walking distance to the hotel and avoid skier return traffic to Denver with our unbelievable weekday rate beginning Sunday. We have 3 room types: Single Queen room, Doubles room (that features 2 double beds), and our Family Suites which can accommodate up to 7 people. Our hot tub and sauna room is unlocked and open for hotel guests from 3p-10p daily. The hot tub room can be accessed through the lobby or via the stairwells at either end of the hotel.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The accomodations were nice and surprisingly close to the slopes of Keystone, we were able to walk. The breakfast was a little lacking, and they did not have everything they had promoted. However, we will never stay at this place again due to THE WORST customer service I have had in many, many years. The daytime front desk manager DOES NOT want to be bothered with anything unless it meets his schedule. Do not expect to be treated nicely by anyone there before their 4:00 check in time. We only wanted advice on getting to the lifts that day, shuttle options, and what to expect when finished skiing that way as relates to checking in. He was very rude, indicating were were infringing on his lunch; however, once we left the building and started to make our way to the resort, we noticed he was more interested in taking a smoke break outside the front entrance. Our whole experience their was ruined in one moment by this hotel's total lack of installing customer service with its staff, judging by previous reviews this person has worked here for a number of years. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone that requires even a mimimal amount of customer service from its staff.

Room Tip: Make sure to follow all of their rules related to when their service staff are available to help, or...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Alpine Slopes Lodge is conveniently located just 400 yards away from Keystone’s Peru lift as well as on both the Keystone resort and Summit Stage complimentary transportation routes. Our continental breakfast includes: bakery fresh bagels, instant oatmeal, fresh fruit, 100% juices, and premium organic Columbian coffee. Our knowledgeable front desk staff is happy to answer any questions you may have ranging from transportation schedules, to where to get great deals on equipment rental, where to enjoy a delicious meal, or even activities to enjoy off of the mountain. We are happy to provide an on-site guest services attendant who is available 24/7 to address any of our guests concerns or needs. Many of our guests continue to return each season (or even multiple times each season) due to cozy and clean rooms as well as our courteous and kind service provided by our dedicated employees.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I read the reviews before I booked our spring break 2013 getaway. I saw a list of negative review on the place when it was under the previous management. The recent reviews were positive so I figured I would give it a shot. I wasn't disappointed at all. The rooms were clean and ample sized. The amenities were all present. The best were comfortable and clean. The TV as new. The spa and sauna were well maintained and even heated to the perfect temp. The staff met every request I made. This place was very close to the ski resort. There are some great places to eat nearby too (Haywood Cafe - My fave). I was there with my wife and daughter for a ski retreat. We had a great time and this place helped us do it. Its a definite recommend for me.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is an average hotel, but with a fantastic location and good price. New ownership in November 2012 has brought improvements such as memory foam mattress toppers, flat screen TVs, free continental breakfast, clean rooms, and very friendly and helpful staff. I got a fantastic price at below $100/night thru Hotels.com during the fairly busy spring break week in mid-March. The continental breakfast includes a nice variety of fresh bagels, cinnamon raison bread, small toaster waffles, instant oatmeal and some fruit, plus apple juice, orange juice and coffee. The location is fantastic – on US highway 6 directly across from Keystone Resort’s “Mountain House” area and two of the Keystone ski lifts. The free Keystone shuttle picks up right in front if you want to head into the Keystone “River Run Village” area for shopping, dining or hanging out. You can rent ski gear at a variety of locations that are within walking distance (Mountain View Sports and Snowdance Sports are right across the street). The hotel has a big group-sized hot Jacuzzi and a sauna. I didn’t use either but they seemed popular with other guests. If you want the “resort experience” stay at one of the more expensive places in River Run Village, but if you are looking for a comfortable hotel with a great location but at an affordable price, be sure to check this place out.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room on the "mountain side" for a view of the Keystone Resort mount...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keystone
Keystone Lodge & Spa
#2 of 6 in Keystone
Aspen Ridge Condominiums
Aspen Ridge Condominiums
#26 of 32 in Keystone

Been to Alpine Slopes Lodge? Share your experiences!