The Springs
Forest Condominiums(Keystone)(Great Value!)
$148
$117
Alpine Slopes Lodge(Keystone)(Great Value!)
$95
$263
$213
Orbitz.com
$159
$129
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

$171
Lakeside Village(Keystone)(Great Value!)
$119
$107
Priceline
All reviewsmovie roompool areapool tablerocky mountain resortski lockersparking garagefire pitshort walkski schoolthe riverbedroom bath unitfirst floorplay roomcoin operated laundryhot tubkitchen supplieslock box
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We rented a 4 bedroom 4 bath unit for a wedding over all the unit was nice sized but has not been updated and shows its age. Lighting is poor kitchen & baths should be renovated plus some of the beds mattresses were worn out. On advertisement it was to have down pillows, we could only find one in the unit. Also all the furniture needs to be replaced it has seen better days. This is a top notch resort and the owners should do their part on up keep. The complex it's self is nice but as someone else stated the hallways are a bit beat up.

I will go back but only after more research on the units.

Enjoy

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank turboc2
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Springs at River Run, is the premier property in Keystone. It's steps away from the gondola and all of the activities in River Run. Outside facing the slopes, there's a pool with slide, two hot tubs, fire pit and BBQ grill. Inside there a pool table, media room, kids room, workout equipment, steam room, sauna and showers. For your car, there are two levels of heated parking and a ski locker with outdoor access. The property itself can't be beat.

All of the rentals are done through Vail Resorts, local management companies or personal owners. I've had the best luck through VRBO. The prices are a little cheaper and I think it's more personable. Sometimes the keys are mailed to you in advanced so you don't have to bother with a "check in".

It's great for kids as there is a ton to do. Outside of skiing in the Winter, in the Summer months there is a bike path just outside of the parking garage and you can tour around the town. Horseback riding is available through Keystone Stables. Basically any outdoor activity is there. Great place.

Room Tip: - I like the North side away from the pool. You don't have a view of the slopes, but it is peaceful. - The 1 bedroom / 2 bath with a murphy bed and sleeper sofa is great for a couple with 1 or two kids.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was a bit leery booking The Springs after what I had read in other reviews. It turned out to be one of our best ski lodging finds we have ever had over the years! The best thing about it is location! They didn't even call it ski in/ski out, but it was seriously a couple hundred feet to the gondola from the elevator located in the parking garage. They also had ski lockers, included with the rental. We would snag a wagon, provided by the resort, and load it up with the gear of five skiers, and pull it to the locker. VERY NICE PERK. The pool and hot tubs were major hits with my kids. They were all outside, but heated, and a very nice ending after a day on the slopes. The condo was in fairly decent repair. The living room and dining room furniture could stand to be updated, but honestly it's fairly standard with ski town rental properties. The kitchen was very well appointed, and had most all the pots and pans I could have ever asked for (potholders and a deep mixing bowl were the only things I needed that I didn't have). We weren't here during peak ski season, so there wasn't a great deal of noise as others have talked about. Our unit was on the 3rd floor, and faced the outer road (maybe Montezuma?), so maybe we weren't close to the area that everybody complained about, but it truly wasn't an issue. All in all, this was a great, and even economical find! We will definitely look this place up in the future!

Room Tip: We asked for a room facing the mountain, but ended up with one facing the main, outer road, on the 3rd floor. Worked out great!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed for a week in mid-February, 2 adults, 2 kids, in a one-bedroom condo in The Springs.

Ours was the first room to the left on the first floor...so I completely understand the previous reviews about the NOISE!!! Lol. We could walk out of the patio door right into the pool area, so the kids were thrilled about that.

It was cold the week we stayed, some days not getting above 14F, but the hot tubs stayed hot. The pool was too cold for me, but not for the rest of my family; the kids begged to swim every day. I enjoyed sitting in the hot tub with a glass of wine. Or two.

The amenities were great. The theater room was a big hit, but unfortunately, many of the movies were missing due to dishonest guests. A shame. I wouldn't miss that noisy pool table; trying to enjoy a book next to the fireplace was nearly impossible with all of the kids whipping balls across the table.

Still, there was a fireplace in our room, and it was a pretty good room, if a little outdated. It was well-stocked and clean. The kitchen was a bonus; I did a lot of cooking since eating anywhere in the village cost an average of $80+/meal for the four of us. FORGET eating on the mountain...cafeteria food at it's worst for Michelin restaurant prices.
The kids slept on the sofa bed while we slept in the bedroom, and next time I would go for a two-bedroom, just for lack of space and privacy. It was unbelievably close to the gondola, the best attribute when you're trying to walk any distance in ski boots or you're whipped coming off the mountain. Perfect for two novice skiiers coming off of the long green runs, and just wanting to get back to the room and get a swimsuit on!

Here are the drawbacks:
This is a ski resort...there were FOUR WALL PEGS next to the door in the room, and that's it. HOOKS, people! It have been nice to hang all of our cold-gear when we came in. There was really no place to put it.
Also, the bedroom had a small closet and a few hangers, but no dresser. The nightstands had a few small drawers, but we pretty much had to live out of our suitcases for the week (taking up lots of space in the small room).
Towels...we had to take a lot of the yellow towels from the pool area. When the cleaning service came mid-week, they only left two new clean towels for a room with an obvious four people. Not the end of the world, as they did do a great job cleaning.

I'd stay again, and plan to. Can't wait. But I will bring 3M hooks and hangers!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kamsmw
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The huge plus of The Springs is how close it is to the kids ski school and the river run gondola. Truly a huge plus, as you try to get your kids with their 4 layers and their gear to ski school (it was around 0-10 the week we were there, with wind chill making it feel lower). It also has a small pool with a small water slide (not warm enough for adults, only kids were enjoying it), two hot tubs, a fitness room, a pool table, and TV room. Only a short walk to the rest of River Run, where the restaurants are located.

Sounds great, right? Well, there is a downside - how poor the construction of this building is. There is no insulation - you can hear everything inside the condo. At first, we thought there was construction going on in a unit around us. Then, we realized the hammering noises late at night wasn't construction, but noise related to the pool table. Every time a kid scratched the cue ball (trust me, this happened every 5 minutes, we must have had a rash of eager, poor pool players), the ball would bounce off in the hard surface below and traveled through the poorly insulated walls, sounding like hammering. Every time someone trotted in ski boots in the hall - you can hear it. Every time kids were horsing around and having a good time - yes, you can hear it.

Having said that, I would return to the Springs due to its location and how much the kids enjoyed it. Hint: request a 'quiet' location - farthest from the lobby and gondola would be the quietest.

Room Tip: Request a quiet unit away from the lobby.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family