Lakeside Village
Alpine Slopes Lodge(Keystone)(Great Value!)
$62
$119
Evergreen Condominiums(Keystone)(Great Value!)
$164
$120
Keystone Lodge & Spa(Keystone)(Great Value!)
$129
$111
Hotwire.com
Mountain House(Keystone)(Great Value!)
$114
Hotwire.com
River Run Village(Keystone)(Great Value!)
$119
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsbedroom condoresort amenitiesice skatingshuttle servicepull out bedfirst floorwell stocked kitchenhot tubwithin walking distanceeasy accessmountain houseriver runwillowdecaturfireplacespamountains
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We stayed in the Willows building in a two bedroom plus loft condo. Our unit had a wonderful view of the lake, the ice skaters and the shops. The village was decorated for Christmas, with a huge Christmas tree in the middle of the lake. The condo furnishings were comfortable, but not completely up to date. The building is older and is showing its age in places. All of this was minor compared to how comfortable we felt, the Lakeside Village location, and of course the beautiful view. This seemed like a better location for families than River Run village.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kvw188
Reviewed March 22, 2009

We just returned from a "spring break" trip, and I must say we were very pleased with our 2 bedroom + condo in the Willows. We had more than enough space for myself, spouse, and 3 teenagers. Furnishings were nice, great view of lake. We had friends who stayed in the River Run lodge, and although they were closer to the slopes, they didn"t have near the room we did, and our condo was every bit as nice,although not as new. We simply took the shuttle or drove to River Run on the days we skied. We had a spa day, which was absolutely wonderful. They really know how to pamper you. They even brought room service lunch right to the relaxation room! Don't miss out on the tubing. The whole family had a blast. And if you are wanting adventure..the snowmobiling was awsome! All in all, a great place for a winter vacation for sure!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2009

What a great room we had. There are many buildings in the village and they are owned by individuals so our experience may not be yours. We rented a 1 bedroom and it was so nice. It was home away from home, it did not feel like a hotel, or condo. It could have easily slept 6 but it was just me and my hubby. The decor was nice the view was awsome and the fireplace made it just so romantic. Now I will say that our friends were in the same building and didnt have a room as nice as ours. They had furniture falling apart and a glass table that broke and ugly furniture so what I suggest is this. If you get into your room and you dont like it call them right away they are sooo nice and will switch your rooms. I will say the bed in all the rooms is extremely firm but other than that no complaints. Let me give you a handy tip. IF RENTING A CAR--- DONT SPEED. Every single day we saw many people pulled over, it was ridiculous to harrass visitors. I am from Tpa/Orl and you never see this type of thing going on. It was bad but luckily we didnt get pulled over. If you would like more info email me. There is a local ski resort name A-Basin and it is every bit of beautiful as many of the "well knowns" like Keystone and Breckenridge. It is half the price, kids ski free, no long walk to the lift and best of all not as crowded. It's a local favorite. I highly suggest it b/c you will save alot of money. The lessons are a fraction of the price as well. Enjoy your stay.

2  Thank sherriengo
Reviewed January 25, 2009

Spent Christmas 2008 there with party of 9 family members. Upon check-in we learned our condo was already occupied and had to retreat 1.5 mi. back to the condo check-in office in a blizzard to find our room. Being 7pm, with small children we needed our condo that we reserved over 4 months prior immediately.

Management saw the oversight and temporarily placed us in another condo for the night until the original condo was available the next morning.

The first condo was beautiful yet relied on the heat from the fireplace to heat the whole condo, so keeping it warm in below zero conditions was quite a task.

The second condo wasn't ready until 2pm the next day and limited parking was available there at the Lakeside Village condos with most spots buried in 2+ feet of snow. Once you park your car, good luck getting it out!!

We spent the next 4 nights in what was described over the phone as a spacious 3 bedroom 3 bath condominium overlooking the lake. What we got was actually a 2 bedroom, 3 bath condo with furniture and style that was reminiscent of the 1980's.

Upon discussing my displeasure, the management staff apologized once again and agreed to refund a "portion" of my bill and saw that since it was Christmas-time, they didn't have a single property that fit our criteria.

It took us 2 hours to dig our cars out of the snow in order to leave the resort, which gets 10+ inches of snow every other day. The roads are horribly maintained and access to I-70 is great, but the travel is slow and treacherous.

Check the forecast before coming to Keystone! The average daylight is from 9 AM to 2 PM due to the proximity of the mountains to the sunlight.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TXtravel1
Reviewed January 5, 2009

We stayed at the Willows at Lakeside Village. We were joining another family. Upon arrival, we were frustrated that the building was not clearly marked, nor was there a detailed map of the building layout. The room numbers do not correspond with the floor. (ie: 1101 first floor, 2101 second floor). The room numbers were 1701-1724, so when you enter the building you would expect to see a directory of some sort. Nothing. Then, when we do find our room, oh joy, we sit on this horribly uncomfortable worn out sofa. We have been traveling for 12 hours to end our day with a crappy sofa. The decor looked as if it was out of the early eighties. It looked like we had stepped back in time 30 years. The room did not have its own washer/dryer. But, there was a laundry on the first floor, however there was no change machine and the laundry machines only took quarters. When I called to ask someone to send quarters to our room, I was told to walk over to the "Lodge" front desk and I could get some there. I was not about to walk to another resort to get change. How ridiculous. No customer service.

The room we stayed in looked like the owners had tried to update a few things, but for goodness sake if your going to do something, do it right and complete the job.

If you plan on walking around the lake village, where shoes that are good for slippery surfaces. Several people fell and got hurt, because the resort crew does not clean the side walks daily as they do in Vail.

As for the view, it is beautiful. If you have not been out West before, you will fall in love with the view. The area ski options are good for families and there were plenty of places to eat and shop.

I would consider staying at Keystone again, but not at Lakeside Village. If I knew someone that had kids that loved to ice skate, then I would tell them to research each condo/hotel at Lakeside before picking a place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 3bulldoghouse