This was a very nice hotel, as you would expect with a Rock Resorts property. Rooms are nicely furnished, extremely clean, and beds very comfortable. As far as I could tell, all rooms face the mountain so you have wonderful views. The hotel is located at the Lakeside Village, where there is a 5 acre ice skating pond, some shops, and a limited selection of restaurants (pizza, steakhouse, deli, cafe). You do need to take the shuttle or drive to River Run or Mountain House areas for skiing or additional dining/nightlife, however, the ride to River Run is only about 3 minutes.
To our surprise, the hotel provided several great perks to its guests that we did not know about until we arrived. These made a huge difference in our enjoyment of the trip:
1. There is an express shuttle van for Lodge guests that runs continuously between the Lodge and the gondola at River Run. We used this for skiing and dinner. We only rode the Keystone bus once- the Lodge shuttle was much better. Also, the shuttle driver was a valuable resource in navigating the resort.
2. Lodge guests get free ski storage both at the Lodge AND at the River Run gondola base. We stepped off the gondola, walked 10 feet, and dropped off our skis and poles for the night- free of charge (normally costs $5 per set per night). No lugging skis back and forth.
3. When picking up your skis in the morning, Lodge guests can also receive a "fast pass" for the gondola. This allows you to skip the gondola line one time prior to 11:00 am. This was a nice time saver.
Finally, the service at the hotel was above and beyond our expectations. As mentioned in other reviews, the valet staff was the best I've ever seen. They called us by name and did everything they could to make our stay easy and enjoyable.
Bottom line: this might not be the place for you if you want to be right in the middle of the action, but the Lodge offers lots of perks with an upscale feel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Keystone Lodge & Spa is surrounded by the majestic Rocky Mountains and thousands of acres of national forest close to Denver, making it the ideal choice for winter sports enthusiasts. Keystone Lodge is on the shuttle route, so guests can zip over to the ski lifts at a moment's notice. The Lodge also boasts easy access to a host of winter and summer activities, including skiing, ice skating, cross country, mountain biking, golf, tennis, rock climbing, whitewater rafting and more. Feel free to take a break from your adventures and luxuriate in our state-of-the-art spa with a full range of relaxing and rejuvenating spa treatments. The Lodge also includes a steam room, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, an outdoor heated swimming pool, and even an equestrian center. Treat yourself to an exceptional dining experience at the Bighorn Bistro while taking in the splendid views of the Continental Divide and Keystone Lake. Or grab a quick bite at the convenient Lakeside Deli before heading off on your day's activities. The Lodge offers 152 guest rooms, including 14 loft suites. Each room affords a spectacular view of Keystone Mountain and the Snake River. The hotel room with one king bed is a traditional hotel room with a king-size bed and a private bathroom. The hotel room with two queen beds is a traditional hotel room with two queen-size beds and a private bathroom. The hotel suite with one king bed and living room is a two-level hotel suite with one king bedroom upstairs in the loft with television. All suites also include a downstairs sitting area with television and sofa pull-out couch and one private bathroom downstairs. All rooms include complimentary in-room wireless internet, complimentary fitness center access, plush robes, a i-home alarm clock and many other extras. Other amenities include a business center, exercise facilities, massage therapy services, yoga studio, ski storage and golf course. Extend Your Stay - 7pm Check Out Instead of sitting on I-70, head back to your hotel for a soak in the hot-tub, a shower or to catch the rest of the game while the traffic clears. *Extended check out until 7pm for just $35. *Based on availability. Ask for extended check-out at the Front Desk. Getting to the mountain is easy with the Lodge's Gondola Express shuttle service. Our private van will whisk you from the front of the Lodge to the base of the gondola. Plus, as a Lodge guest you receive free ski check at the base of the gondola and a complimentary Fast Pass which allows you to use the ski school line prior to 10am. How convenient is that? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Keystone Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keystone Hotel Keystone
- Keystone Lodge And Spa