“The best staff I have ever encountered”

Keystone Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Keystone
Edmonton, Canada
“The best staff I have ever encountered”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I travelled to Keystone, CO, during the summer months for a conference, and was blown away by the amazing staff at the Keystone Lodge. I was presenting at this conference and was quite unprepared, and therefore needed a lot of advice from front desk staff about locations, transportation, food, and business services, and I can honestly say I have never encountered staff so friendly and willing to accommodate. For instance, I needed to print a large document in a hurry, and the business centre was occupied. So the concierge took my USB-drive, and printed it himself in the back room so I wouldn't have to wait. I really appreciated this.
I stayed in a studio apartment in the Lakeside village area, which had a nice balcony and lovely view, full kitchen, everything you could possibly need while travelling alone for business. The resort is beautiful even in the offseason. Less amenities are available but there is lots to do, and this is a GREAT place for a conference. I highly recommend Keystone!

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Black Hills, SD
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Stayed there for a wedding. Room was awesome, huge king bed was comfortable. Room had a balcony overlooking the pool. Staff was helpful and accomadating. Rate was $158.00 for a king room which didn't seem bad for the location. As mentioned in a previous review, no AC in the rooms. Could have used it as it was pushing 90 degrees outside when we were there. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2010

This is a nice hotel. It is older and there is lots of furniture in the rooms so the room seems a bit small. But it is very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The main disadvantage is that this hotel is not air conditioned which was a shock for this day and age. They have fans in the rooms, and the window opens and also balcony door but there is no flow thru breeze and our room got quite warm. my husband and I like to sleep in a cool room so therefore did not rest comfortably. I think others should be aware of this before booking this hotel for a summer stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We ski 2-4 times per year and always stay at The Lakeside Condominiums at Keystone Resort. Close to Keystone, A-Basin & Breckenridge you have more than enough variety and high altitude with lots of snow and high tech snowmaking all for great skiing! Dining and nightlife abound with the steakhouse at Keystone Lodge, Snake River Saloon, Ski Tip Lodge, Keystone Ranch and the Hearthstone in Breckenridge our favorites. The Keystone Lodge has a great staff, pool & jacuzzi.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Hotel is beautifully situated adjacent to a skating pond and shops which are great amenities. Pond is "groomed"
by Zamboni daily. Keystone mountain is just a short hop on the shuttle bus.

Hotel staff is a bit behind the standards for a hotel at this price. Little things like the unwillingness
to print a boarding pass, the unavailability of a corkscrew (yes, in the entire hotel), no knowledge of mountain programs like lift ticket purchase etc. really added up over a short 3 night stay. It seemed
like nobody was willing and/or able to offer assistance with the most basic and simple guest requests.

If you need any local information or special care ... Bypass the concierge and front desk and go straight to the bell staff and car valets. They're both first class.

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank Mouton1988
MN
Reviewed February 22, 2010

The lodge is really nice and well maintained in the lobby area. Staff are generally friendly and always say hello or good evening when entering or leaving the building. The bell boys are very helpful. I felt bad that they had to deal with my heavy ski bag but I'm sure they are used to this. The rooms themselves are clean and the decor is updated. However, there are some problems with the heating and cooling systems. Essentially they don't work at all. I stayed here in the dead of winter and I needed heat my first night there to keep my room warm. I called maintenance and after an hour of waiting they finally came and delivered an electric heater. I was already in my pj's at this point (how embarrassing) because it was quite late at night. The next day I found out why the heaters don't work in the room. I left all day for my conference only to come back to a room that was 88 degrees. Apparently some of the rooms (ie. my room) aren't protected by the overhang from the roof and get really hot from the sun blaring down on them all day. If you come back to your room and it is like this you will end up calling maintenance and waiting 2 hours for them to show up only to be told that the only thing they can do is open the windows to cool the place off. The windows in this place are ancient and kept getting stuck. After awhile my room cooled off and then the window wouldn't close (I assume this window was stuck open the first night too when I arrived - which was why it was so cold then). Again I had to call maintenance to come and fix the window so that it would close. Again it was a long wait for them to come. I had problems with my phone too. I would call guest services to ask them if maintenance would come and my phone would send me to the guest services at a completely different hotel. I was promised someone would come fix my phone during my stay but that never happened.
Besides those minor maintenance problems everything else was great. The rooms were clean and quiet most of the time (except in the morning when the maids were outside the doors early). The Bighorn steakhouse restaurant at the hotel was very delicious and had a good view of the outdoor ice rink/lake- I recommend eating at that restaurant at least one night. Parking was relatively easy for the hotel and was right across the highway (you can take a tunnel under the highway to get to the lot instead of walking across the busy street). The hotel is not within walking distance to the main part of Keystone (river run area) or the ski lifts. But there is a free shuttle that can take you to these places about 3x/hour. The hotel does have some shops near it, the outdoor ice rink, yoga classes, a pool/hot tub, and a spa. It is also within walking distance to the conference center. Room service was good too at this hotel, and not too overly priced. The hotel also had free wifi in each room.
I would stay at this hotel again if the price was right. My company paid this last time for my stay since it was for business. I wouldn't want to pay more than $175/night here if I was paying for it myself.
Now that I know how to handle the heating and cooling problems staying here again should be a breeze!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Kerstin_GuestService, Keystone Marketing Manager at Keystone Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, March 1, 2010
Thank you for the feed back regarding your stay at Keystone Lodge & Spa.

We are aware the windows in our guest rooms do not open or close well and this affects the heating and cooling in the rooms at certain times of the year. At the end of the ski season (April 12, 2010) we will be replacing all windows in every guest room with brand new tinted windows that will not only operate much better but will also reduce solar gain during the day and heat loss after the sun goes down. In addition we are upgrading our guest room soft goods and adding flat screen TV’s to all guest rooms.

We look forward to seeing you again at the Keystone Lodge & Spa.
Parker, CO
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I booked a hotel room here as a Christmas present for my boyfriend. After spending the day skiing it was great to be able to relax in the hot tub and steam room in the hotel spa. I was greatly impressed with the staff, the cleanliness and the spa itself. After reading reviews, I thought it would be much more run down and old but was nicely surprised to see that wasn't really the case. It looked like our bathroom had recentely been renovated and had nice tiles around the shower and was very clean and modern. The king size bed was very comfortable for a hotel room. We also had great views of the lake and mountains from our private balcony. The hot tub and spa area were very clean and the staff was courteous. We also had valet included in our room rate and the valet staff was excellent and fast. For a quick getaway from the city this was a great experience and overall I was very impressed. As far as the altitude goes, well I would have to say it comes with the territory. If you come for a stay in the mountains, you should expect to feel some effects of the high altitude.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tinabina1113
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keystone
Alpine Slopes Lodge
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
The Lodge at Breckenridge
The Lodge at Breckenridge
#5 of 23 in Breckenridge

Been to Keystone Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!