“A beautiful and relaxing spot”

Keystone Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Keystone
New York City, New York
“A beautiful and relaxing spot”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I recently stayed at Keystone for a business trip. I felt so lucky that my company put me up there. The staff was super friendly and warm. The grounds are downright draw-dropping. My favorite part of this stay was the indoor-outdoor pool. It is heated and there is something totally amazing about swimming outside in the Rocky Mountains in October. I highly recomend it! I also loved the steam room and the amazing sauna.

The food was really great. I liked thier sandwiches the best. Although the ice cream I got one night had been in the freezer too long- it was more like a vanilla icey. But the sandwiches are so good- who cares?

The rooms are beautiful and I really loved the "real furniture" throughout the whole place. The robes were soft and cuddly.

I think if I could make any suggestions it would be to have a mini-bar, ease up on the heat and maybe offer some altitude sickness information for us sea-level creatures. It was very hard to sleep because of altitude sickness- but how in the world would that be their fault? Oh one more thing- the information that they give you when you check in is about the whole sprawling land that the resort is on. Because I was on a business trip I really wanted more info on the lodge itself. It is so beautiful show it off! :)

Room Tip: I would get a balcony- it is beautiful to see those stars at night! Also it helps when the heat gets...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank coffeecuplife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was our first visit to Keystone, and we were very happy with the accommodation at The Keystone Lodge & Spa. It was the off-season so not crowded, and the staff was friendly and the views are beautiful. The grounds and common areas were lovely. The rooms are spacious and clean with a nice sized deck that faces the mountains. The food at the restaurant was excellent and worth the price. The lakeside village is right next door, and you should check out Pizza on the lake- nice pub atmosphere. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The 6th floor is the top floor and has great views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hotel is in a beautiful spot. Room was well-appointed with comfortable beds. Nice touch is the filtered water they leave in your room. Loved having a balcony overlooking the mountains. Wish they had a small fridge, though. I had trouble with the room being too warm the first night even though I had the heat off. Opened the screens while I was there during the day seemed to help for the second night.

Lobby and bar area are also very nice. Everyone--desk clerks, bartender and room steward were friendly and helpful.

Really liked the Lakeside Deli with great breakfast sandwiches and complimentary coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jules71
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The Keystone Lodge is a lovely hotel to stay at for a weekend getaway. The room that we stayed in was appointed very well and I loved the balcony area where we could sit and have drinks and relax outside. I also appreciate that it was quiet with no loud noise from fellow hotel guests when I tried to sleep. I would definitely stay here again. I also loved the hot tub, as it was a great way to unwind at the end of the day. My only disappointment was the extra tax the woman on reception tried to charge us upon checking out. Expedia hadn't informed us of this tax when we organised the accommodation and paid in full and so we refused to pay it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LarsieB
lincoln,ne
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was disappointed in this resort. Although I got a great deal from Groupon I still felt I paid too much..
We were checking in around 4pm on saturday and pulled up for valet. The valet waved us over to the side so we waited a minute for him to come over.he never did. I went inside to get the room key so we could unload our bags. Upon check in they only had my reservation for one night, then tried to quickly recover. I was glad we wouldnt have to search for another hotel but was kind of confused at the front desk service- where no one offered assistance with our bags or told me where anything was in the resort. When I went back outside my friend had been told to go over to the lot, without an offer of valet parking or help with our bags. We had to carry our bags down a flight of stairs, through a tunnel and back up the stairs on the other side. Just to be clear- this is a HUGE pain.
We got into our room and discovered a BIG red stain on the carpet by the bed (gross) and a dirty platic cup on the armoir. I was unimpressed to say the least. We called the spa to see if we could get manicures either sunday or monday but were told they didn't have a manicurist available on sun or monday. The woman was very polite and apologetic but still, a spa that doesn't have someone doing nails? Kind of weird, had no trouble finding someone at another spa in breckenridge. Upon venturing out for dinner we discovered pretty much EVERYTHING in keystone is closed in sept. We ended up dining in breckenridge and Vail for the rest of our trip. Upon returning to our room we found that the curtain rod had fallen down and the curtain was on the floor. Since it was so late I opted to put it back up rather than call the front desk. The next day we stayed away from the resort (since there wasn't much to do and we didnt feel like calling the 800 number to try to find something to do- why isnt the front desk staff more knowlegable?).When we checked out the following day I made my concerns about the stain, dirty cup and curtain rod known and the person at the desk, she said she would 'look into it' and thanked me but did not offer an apology for our experience. Although everyone was very polite there just wasn't a lot of actual 'service'. I think even at the groupon rate of $99/night (plus resort fee) this was over priced. It begs the question, what makes this a 'resort experience'? I certainly felt more like I was at a days inn than a resort.
I do intend to send an email to the resort manager to make sure the next person staying in that room doesn't have the same experience.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the renovated part of the resort. The room we stayed in had stained carpet and a b...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank marlydanger
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 20, 2012

First time here and will not return. Reserved King - No smoking room. Came back after being out of room for several hours and the cigar smoke smell in the room was intolerable. Management reacted by apologizing and placing a device in the room to clear out the smoke, which was coming from people downstairs smoking cigars in their room and on the balcony. Manager said she could not interfere with their right to enjoy themselves. Asked her if that right trumped our right to a healthy environment and she just apologized again. No response at all when I pointed out that all our luggage would smell as a result. Unacceptable at a high-end resort that prides itself on being "green."

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Kenneth J
Colorado
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We returned to Keysone after a 25-year hiatus. We found the Lodge to be as nice as 25 years ago. Shay, Dusty, Matt and Thomas were excellent and was most of the staff we encountered. Our "kids" enjoyed it again and were full of pleasant memories. The grandkids had a ball and we started a new generation of Keystoners, er, maybe Keystoneans is a better word.

The loft rooms were clean and quites. The welcoming little goodies for the kids were a big hit. You cannot go wrong by staying here.

Room Tip: They front desk was very accommodating in upgrading my daughter and son-in-law's birthday room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keystone
Alpine Slopes Lodge
#5 of 23 in Breckenridge
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort

Been to Keystone Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!