All reviewskeystone lodgeloft roomconference centerfront desk staffspiral staircasesteam roombig hornice skatingski checkshuttle servicerelaxation roomfree shuttlepizza placeminute drivethe riveroff seasonoutdoor pool
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We came here as it was the only spa resort in the area and we were not disappointed. The rooms were nice and woodsy, the views of the mountains and river were awesome, and we enjoyed the amenities of the resort such as the spa, fitness center, lake, and bar. It was so nice to sit outside by the lake and eat the awesome breakfast buffet. It was not very crowded as it was Summer so it felt a little strange. A staffer told us that the new River Run has taken many of their patrons as it's newer and closer to the Keystone lifts. It was strange not having an A/C thermostat to adjust but they don't have warm Summers. I was most impressed by the valets who always remembered us and asked if they should keep our car close by in case we were going out. What service! I would have given the resort 5 stars but I was unhappy with all the construction that was going on. It took away from the ambiance but I understand that progress is necessary so I look forward to going back to see the improvements!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 6th floor to get the best views of the lake and mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tomster5
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is one of the oldest places to stay around Keystone, but it has been impeccably maintained. The room was very comfy, with nice crispy white duvets and many pillows. Big flat-screen TV, huge bathroom with lots of fluffy towels. We took our little grandsons there in August and had a blast swimming in the beautiful pool and enjoying all the children's activities at nearby River Run. They especially loved the bungee-trampoline. They also loved the paddleboats and kayaks on the lake right next to the hotel, and feeding the very tame ducks and fish.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank HappyCamperDenver
Reviewed August 10, 2012

When we checked into the Keystone Lodge and Spa we learned we were in a condo in the River Run area. Thank goodness the Beer Festival was ending (it has been a mess in past years - drunk patrons, sticky sidewalks and the smell of beer everywhere).

The condo was in the Black Bear lodge. Each condo is decorated by the owner and ours was tasteful and comfortable. The condo had 1 bedroom with a full kitchen and no balcony. My daugher said the memory foam on the pull out couch was heavenly (she forgot she was sleeping on the sofa bed). We all had a good night's sleep.

We cooked most of our meals in our room. The small grocery, next to the lodge, was a good place to pick up items we had forgotten to bring (salsa, ice cream, etc).

We really miss the Activities Pass. This is a book Keystone used to give everyone who checked in. The book gave a list of ideas for activities (yoga class, wine tasting), and a reduced price on activities (horseback riding, wagon ride, paddle boats, bike rentals, golf). We used to plan our week around the Activities Book. This time the front desk told us they stopped the book and handed us an incomplete list of acitivities. as well as, the phone number to the Activities Desk (their phone was always busy so we never could use their services). Years ago the resort used to provide free/reduced child care for parents who ate in one of their finer dinng restaurants. Oh we could have used the Activities Book this year - we scrambled trying to find activities and ended up feeling a little bored...... The weather was beautiful in the Colorado mountains. We enjoyed the gondola ride, walk down the mountain and paddleboats.

Overall a nice stay.

Room Tip: No AC but the fan in the closet works wonders to cool off the room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for a conference at the adjoining conference center. It was pretty expensive, but the room was gorgeous, and it had a small private balcony where I could sit to stare at the mountains.

The staff at front desk were extremely friendly and I felt that nothing was too much trouble.

Free WiFi was great. The resort and lake looked amazing but I didn't have time to try out the facilities. My only negative comment is that there is no fridge or microwave in the room, which frustrated me because I couldn't keep a drink cold or have a hot snack.

Free parking means walking in a tunnel under the main road (and carrying your luggage up and down the steps). Otherwise suck it up and pay for valet parking at the main entrance.

There was no air conditioning in the room, and it was a hot August night, but I survived with the window open.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The area is amazing. The resort is for Europeans too artificial with far too mauch beton. Very friendly staff. Rooms OK and clean. Nice terrace. Activities quite expensive. The restaurant options in Keystone are limited in May.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business