All reviews keystone lodge valet parking loft room valet staff conference center steam room spiral staircase ice skating big horn ski check relaxation room shuttle service free shuttle pizza place the river minute drive off season
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I know hotels love "helping the environment" by allowing guests to make a choice, but not this time. I attended a conference here and while everyone was very nice, the service was sub-par. We had to ask to have the room serviced and while the housekeeper replied she would, I asked to front desk to make sure she understood. When we returned, we found the beds made and the room tidied but towels were not replaced, no additional shampoo added. It's mud season, and while it's understandable the building still might think it's winter, it was very hot in the room despite the thermostat being placed below 60 degrees. When I asked about the lack of individual room controls, and having to keep out lower level unit window open, the front desk asked if we'd like a fan. the beds feature a wonderful puff... but I could only use a sheet and it was still HOT. Additionally, the front desk this morning on my early checkout was unable to provide me with a copy of my bill as it was "prepaid." I've never had a hotel unable to provide me with a copy of a bill. Just because it's mud season, doesn't mean service shouldn't be clean and crisp. The property overall was very nice, but they need to tighten up service standards a bit. If I had a choice, I'd look elsewhere when I visit again.

Room tip: Ask for a room with individual temperature controls that work. Don't prepay if you want to see what your bill looks like on checkout. Ask for extra towels.. you may need them.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Dotsultant
Kerstin_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Keystone Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with us, it is invaluable to helping us improve upon our services. One of our core values is to take care of the environment and we make a strong effort in this area which includes recycling, composting, energy management and most recently, replacing complimentary plastic water bottles with a glass bottle that is sterilized and refilled with filtered water after each use. Our practice is to not change towels that are hung but to always change towels that are left on the floor. Amenities are only replaced when they are below half. We apologize that we did not replace your towels as expected and have addressed the communication breakdown with our staff. We are always able to provide a bill upon departure with the only exception being when the room is being paid for by the guests’ company or group. In this case, the rooms being paid for are all charged on a single “master account” and there is no bill provided to the guest as there are no charges. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Keystone Lodge and Spa. We got a loft room and the view was spectacular. The furniture was rustic and not "hotel" furniture. Important amenities (humidifier, air purifier, thick blankets, iron, safe, etc) were useful and tactfully placed in large wardrobes. We enjoyed the restaurants connected to it (they even let us eat right on the mantle of the huge fireplace). The staff was attentive and friendly!! We booked a couples massage and it was the most professional hot stone massage I've received in a long while. There is plenty to do around the hotel and the shuttle or driving to Silverthorne was easy.

We had even left some items behind in the room ( a Scentsy night light and a picnic basket). The housekeeping staff noticed and sent it to us! They offered help when the neighbors got noisy too late/early in the night/morning. We definitely will stay here often.

Room tip: Loft rooms have 2 stories with bed having the best view from floor to ceiling windows.
2  Thank Jolie D
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The resort is an expensive ski resort as you would expect, but the service is simply outstanding. The rooms are very clean and the place is well run.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank malai85
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights. The price was not much more than you would pay for a simple Chain Hotel. The fitness center had GREAT equipment (cebrex ? brand) the outdoor pool was heated just enough for a nice night swim. We used both the indoor and outdoor hot tubs. The king sized bed was very comfortable. The sealed/refillable glass water bottle in the room was a nice touch. We stayed in Room #303, nice deck, over looking the pool with great mountain view. The lounge has a nice big fireplace with comfy leather couches. The "village" shopping area around a little lake was very nice and picturesque. Did not know until afterwards about the $20 a day resort fee.They stored my husbands skis, not sure if it was for that or not. The valet parking is not really our style, but self parking was just a short walkway under the road away. Very friendly staff. Next time I go back I will use one of the MANY spa services available. It was amazing for my husband to be up skiing, and me to be out sunbathing on the same day! We did not eat at the Lodge. A bit disappointed there was no fridge to put meal leftovers. We WILL go back!

Room tip: room #303 nice view of outdoor pool & mountain, very quiet. 3 rooms away from elevator. Lounge & Restaurant on 3rd floor. Spa on 1st floor. Check in on 5th floor.
3  Thank ak_kimby
Reviewed April 7, 2012

the hotel is nice and cozy, the room is charming, pictures on web are true. they brought us chocolate strauberries and champagne for our annyversary, the staff is incredible, very friendly and prompt. there were, though, 3 things we didn't like there. first that they didn't need to charge extra for vallet parking, and having to go up and down stairs, walk i cold wether to get the car, that's something guests don't deserve. second bad is that they don't offer breakfast and the options inside the hotel are quite pricy for someone who's staying for a week... third downside is that the bathroom is not confortable at all. taking a shower should be something confortable and it was terrible. no light at the shower, not enought water pressure (so we were always cold while IN the shower), and to get out of it... small, old towels. should use big sized ones, new, warm and cozy like the rest of the hotel...!