“On the lake” 4 of 5 bubbles

Edgewater Cafe
Ranked #21 of 37 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Silverthorne, Colorado
“On the lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

very good food in a quaint setting. The lake/pond is the icerink in winter

1 Thank Tom S

Laramie, Wyoming
“An OK place for a quick bite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

We stopped in to have a quick early lunch. Because our time was limited, we opted for the salad bar and a cup of soup. The salad was adequate and there was a good selection of vegetables, dressings and other condiments. The soup was hearty and appropriate for a cool fall afternoon. The service was prompt and courteous. The fare was a bit pricey for what it was, but the pleasant lakeside atmosphere and the convenient location made it worthwhile.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chupi_Chupacabra
Columbus, Georgia
“Bad Service, Food... at High Prices...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

Keystone Resort has some great restaurants... however their "Cafe" which is the only choice for breakfast at the lodge, is a poor choice. The average dish is 12.95+ tax and tip with coffee and juice extra, you are lucky to get away a breakfast for $20.

What do you get for this? Service was poor... it took 5 minutes to get our order, 20 minutes + for the food, and another 15 minutes to bring the bill. Don't go unless you have an hour to spare.

During our stay we had -
Applewood Bacon, which was fantastic crispy, not burnt, full of taste.
Buttermilk Pancakes- Fell apart on the fork, tasteless with a texture like honeycomb. worst non-burned pancakes I have had.
Pork Green Pepper Sauce- No spiceyness to it, the roux made it taste like bad, thickening gravy.
Breakfast Burrito- I don't know how you can mess this up... but I only ate 1/3 of mine. It had bones and hard grit in it. I gave up after the third "crunchy" peice.
Omlette- My wife had the omlette, it was soft and undercooked, with peppers and bits that appeared aged.
Fruit- Fresh, good strawberry and melon.
Coffee- Mediocre... it says Starbucks on the window, but it isn't anything I'd pay for... It's free if you get it by the lobby, but they charge you if you buy it at the table...weird.

Overall, I would say that the two times I went there for breakfast were the worst of the resort... Go down to Dillon for breakfast instead... you'll thank me.

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mildmanneredreporter
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

Excellent food. Had the breakfast burrito and coffee. However, they need to work on their cleanliness as my coffee mug had coffee remains in it and my napkin had a chunk of something on it. But all in all I was pleased!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tommyb82000
Corona del Mar, CA
“Great Coffee Shop and Casual Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

The Edgewater is better than the 3 Stars I gave it, it is probably a 5 Star in the world of coffee shops, but when comparing it to the top places Keystone has to offer it just isn't as good as Alpenglow, The Ranch, etc, but it was never intended to be.

Breakfast is the meal I've had here the most and it has always been great, especially for on property at Keystone. There are some great breakfast places in Frisco and Dillon that I will get around to reviewing, but for fast and hearty before hitting the slopes, the Edgewater is great.

1 Thank scottca075