“Management Could Improve the Experience” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alpenglow Stube

Alpenglow Stube
Reserve with OpenTable
Alpenglow Stube is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 37 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Management Could Improve the Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

The novel part of the experience was the gondola ride from River Run Village to the top of Dercum Mountain and the 11,400+ elevation of the restaurant.
The waiting time to be seated and approached by our server was a disappointment. We're certain no one appreciates being seated and ignored while others are seated afterward and promptly approached by their server while you are sitting there wondering who has the luck of the draw for your table. It was slow. That evening, July 4, the servers handled all the service matters . . . waiter, bus boy and runner. Unlike most high-end restaurants where there are many support staff, the respective table server was on his own. The food temperature was tepid to lukewarm and a filet mignon was undercooked and cool to the touch, twice, even after sending it back to be finished properly.
Sadly, the experience did not meet our expectations and we departed wondering how the restaurant is able to retain its 4 Diamond rating. To their credit, our server did his best to catch-up on the table service once he greeted us and they did remove the cost of the undercooked and uneaten filet from our bill.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JeffDeer

Denver, Colorado
“My Favorite Splurge While Skiing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ski right up and park your skis, amble on inside and trade your ski boots for fuzzy slippers. This lovely, cozy restaurant offers a fantastic lunch and is the perfect place to relax before heading out on the slopes. Everyone's in ski clothing and the menu is less pricey than their dinner menu. I make it a point to always bring out of town guests here! Five stars!

Syracuse, New York
“Best Way to Celebrate a Birthday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have wanted to have dinner here for years, but never felt I had that special occasion. This year was the year I turned 60. Eight (8) of us ventured to the top of Keystone one evening to experience one of the best dining experiences we have ever had. You take two separate gondolas to the top and are greeted at the Outpost lodge by the hostess that takes your coat and offers you a pair of slippers. We were immediately seated at our table which was a work of art the way it was set.
Our waiter Bob, was very attentive, we could not have asked for better service. My rack of lamb was delicious and cooked exactly as I ordered it. Everything we ordered was wonderful, wine list is extensive and dessert was yummy. Although I will probably not be returning in the near future, I would if there was the right occasion. If you have not experienced this restaurant and are contemplating eating here, you should.
The ride down was even better than the ride up. By this time it was dark and cold. We were given blankets in the gondola and the view of all the snow cats around the mountain grooming was picturesque.

Miami, Florida
“Impeccable Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

It is amazing the level of service they can provide considering how difficult it is to bring people and provisions this far. We were a group of 11 including kids and everyone loved it. From the children's pasta to the foie gras it was great.

1 Thank THEGOODLIFENOW
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Definitely recommended. I booked it for my parents anniversary. I was able to order for them and prepay over the phone as my parents do not speak good English. Also I requested and they were seated at the best seat, by the fireplace. The staff was so accommodating. Not sure of food quality but my parents were very pleased. Combining the whole package with the location and excellent service this place is worth the price.

• Visited February 2014