WINNER WONDERLAND

“The Menu change” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alpenglow Stube

Alpenglow Stube
Reserve with OpenTable
Alpenglow Stube is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 37 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Frisco
“The Menu change”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Alpenglow Stube at the top of Keystone, accessed by two Gondola rides has long been a favourite of ours. We go once a year. Rumour has it, it is only a 4* restaurant because it lacks valet parking. Otherwise, everything else about it makes it a 5* restaurant; and what a place it used to be.

Two things made it a unique dining experience: Being at 11,000ft+ and the famous Chef's Choice dinner. This was a 7 course meal where you, the guest, had no say in what was put in front of you (obviously if there was something you couldn't/wouldn't eat you could make that request), you were at the mercy of the chefs. The food was sublime, exquisite; delicate sized portions with abundance of flavours. We loved it every time.
However this year they menu had changed.
There was a Chef's choice menu but instead of getting a surprise for 7 courses, you had to choose between a couple of dishes for each course. And then there was the typical a la carte, chose each course.
Once again the food was excellent but by not having the old-school chef's choice I felt I was in a restaurant that was the same as any other. I still had the draw of eating at 11000ft, but I may as well have been eating at a fine dining institution at sea-level.

1 Thank Tom T

Manitou Springs, Colorado
“Premier dining at high altitude!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I made a Sunday Brunch reservation for 10:30am March 24th, 2013 for a friend's 60th birthday celebration. I had a hard time figuring out what I would do for a person's 60th. I knew we would be skiing with he and his wife over the weekend which happened to be the big birthday 60 weekend. When we arrived, our shoes and ski boots were put away and replaced with very warm booties or more like fuzzy, cozy house slippers. $48.00 included 4 buffets: seafood, meat, cheese and desserts plus the main entrée' from a long list of selections along with a mimosa. The restaurant setting is beautiful and the staff were very attentive and pleasant. The whole experience was 5 star! What a deal! We were told this was the best birthday present ever! He and his wife were beyond impressed!.

If you want to do something for that special friend or significant other in your life, this place makes for a memorable experience at high altitude!

Overland Park, Kansas
“Absolutely Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I visited Alpenglow on March 17th for Sunday brunch. The service, ambiance, food, and of course the location were all top-notch and excellent. The cozy slippers and courteous staff upon arrival were much appreciated. We had complimentary mimosas with a perfect blend of food for the brunch buffet. I enjoyed everything immensely, although I could have just eaten the buffet food and gone without the lamb chops I chose for the main course. They were very good, but I really enjoyed the buffet and the seafood bisque soup. The key lime pie was the best I've ever eaten. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Queenstown, New Zealand
“Exceptional food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Well worth the cost of a fine dining restaurant. The service and food are exceptional. Everything on the menu is mouthwatering and skillfully prepared, from the Beef Fillet right down to the salads and soups! If you only visit one restaurant in Keystone, this is it.

Visited February 2013
Orange, California
“Staff was Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The experience of traveling by 2 gondolas to a 4 star restaurant is not the only reason to journey to the top of the North Peak at Keystone. The wonderful staff and award-winning chefs created a special evening just for us. They offer a delicious contemporary cuisine and WARM Fuzzy Slippers!!!!
Rachael, made sure our experience was unforgettable, we'll be returning.

Visited March 2013