“Special Occasion Treat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alpenglow Stube

Alpenglow Stube
Reserve with OpenTable
Alpenglow Stube is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 38 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Marion, Iowa
“Special Occasion Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Although I've gone skiing for many years, I have never dined at a fancy mountaintop restaurant. Taking two gondolas to the top resulted in spectacular views (and we were given blankets to make it more cozy). The staff was professional, although perhaps a bit formal. Even though we were a Mother-Son pair, they kindly seated us at the best table in the house - right next to the fireplace. That impressed me. My son liked the number of different whiskey/scotch choices. We chose a three course dinner ala carte rather than the more numerous course fixed price dinner; we were plenty full and it was less expensive (but you should not go here if you are worried about money). I was ready spectacular dishes, but I was disappointed. The stuffed sole I had tasted fishy and there was nothing special about it. The chocolate dessert was too light - when you order chocolate you mean it, and if you want something light you order sorbet.

• Visited February 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Christmas Lunch at Alpenglow Stube”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have been to the Alpenglow Stube several times. The position of the restaurant is fantastic on top of Keystone mountain. The quality of the food is second to none in Keystone. Our family went there for Christmas day lunch. The food was as usual very very good. Unfortunately we had a waitress who was obviously out of her depth and continuously had to ask us again and again for our orders and still mixed them up. We felt sorry for her and were patient and still gave her a good tip.
We returned a few weeks later for dinner and the food and service was fabulous.
The restaurant is a bit pricey but it's totally worth it.
If you haven't visited the Alpenglow Stube put it on your to do list.

• Visited December 2012
Brookfield, Illinois
“Lunch in the glow of Alpenglow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were hoping to go here for Sunday dinner but found it was closed for dinner on Sundays (they had a brunch instead). We opted for lunch instead. After a few runs it was wonderful to kick off the boots and put on the furry slippers. The food was fabulous! I would recommend the seafood chowder as it was scrumptious. The ambiance was elegant and because it was lunch the cost was much less than dinner. What a delightful way to enjoy the whole Keystone experience.

Visited February 2013
Phila Metro Area
“Fantastic view, then down from there....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I love the atmosphere of the place. It can't be beat. Great view, well appointed, wonderful cozy slippers.
Then things start to go downhill. The food was good, but didn't seem great. In part because the dining room waitress had no personality and wasn't attentive - maybe she should work in a cafeteria. If you pay more than $60 for lunch, you want someone to offer more water, refill rolls, and get your special dietary needs right (no dairy means no cheese garnish on the potatoes). My husband was so frustrated. We didn't send it back - so we could get back to skiing. I scraped it off, but really. I would think twice about going again.....
If you can eat whatever they give you, you will love the atmosphere....

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Dutton_PhilaSuburbs
korea
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This restaurant is amazing. I've been to Fondue before which is fun, but this restaurant exceded expectations. The food was delicious (try the crab ragout). Our server and Rachel the manager were professional and made our experience great. It is a little expensive, but for such a good restaurant on top of a mountain, it was well worth it!

• Visited January 2013