“Loved It!” 5 of 5 stars

Gateway Mountain Lodge
St. Louis, MO
“Loved It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

Pros
-spacious
-high ceilings
-huge closet
-minifridge/sink/microwave
-free shuttle to the mountain base @ River Run (short walk from the parking lots)
-small convenience store by the lobby
-heated parking
-awesome view
-express check-out! just leave your name/date of travel/room#/key cards and you're gone!

Cons
-the mattress was too firm!
-the curtains didn't close! I like it to be pitch black when I'm sleeping.

I booked our room through Keystone.snow.com, and stayed in an over-sized studio unit with my boyfriend. Overall, my stay was great. Check-in was friendly. The Gateway Mountain Lodge was easy to find, and it was close to River Run Village. When we didn't feel like waiting for the shuttle, it was just a short car ride to the Peru lift.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank TravelwithK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

We stayed at Gateway Lodge over Christmas 2007. We booked our stay through Seymour Lodging online and got a great price. We stayed in a 4 BR penthouse unit with my husbands entire family. 8 Adults and 6 kids (ages 15,14,7,6,5,&4). There was plenty of space for everyone to sleep.
This condo is on the convenient shuttle service. I prefer to stay right in River Run, but the prices over Xmas are crazy, so this was an inexpensive alternative. Our unit was clean, nicely decorated, had high speed internet, cable, a washer and dryer, full kitchen, underground parking and a great view of the mountain. The kids all enjoyed the indoor pool. The Snake River Saloon right next door is a great place for dinner.
This place is a good value for the money.

• Liked — Value
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank skitheboat
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2008

We stayed at the Gateway Mountain Lodge in February 2008 to ski at Keystone for 4 days.
We were in one of the efficiency Condos which includes a Queen size bed, pull-out sofa bed, TV w/ Dish network, DVD player, Free Hi-Speed Internet, Full bathroom, mini Kitchen, underground parking, pool & hot tub, ski storage locker in the garage, and a small safe in your room which uses a key.

The kitchenette includes a 2 burner hotplate, mini fridge, Microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and dishes/cups.
The Mini Kitchen is described as having a 2 burner stove, in reality it was a 2 burner hotplate. It worked fine for us, we made two dinners, lunches and all of our breakfasts. Everything else worked just fine.
We were the last stop before the base of Keystone's gondola, so we were on the shuttle less then 5 minutes before being dropped off. This means you are the last stop when getting picked up after skiing. So you are on the shuttle 15 mins or so to get back home, still not a problem, and your room key serves as your bus pass!
Hi Speed internet requires you to have an ethernet port on your computer, a cable is supplied in the room with instructions. It worked very well for us.
The only thing I can think of that might be a negative was that we were on floor 2, and the family above us had kids running around at times. Overall though it is very quiet, and you can't hear the road outside. We only had our condo cleaned once, and it was very well done.
I highly recommend this place, it was clean, inexpensive, and convenient for skiing.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Size
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vwgolftx
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2006

I have stayed at the Gateway in Feb. 2006. I just booked for Feb. 2007 again! Normally I never book a hotel at this price for fear of poor quality and outdated dirty rooms. After my stay I must say my complaints are minimal.
First the positives: The location is just outside the main River Run Village. I closed the door, looked at my watch and 9 minutes later I was standing at the gondola. The room was clean, bathroom was big with real tile floor, not plastic. The studio I stayed in had a small kitchenette with fridge, sink, toaster, coffee maker and utensils. This year I stuffed the fridge with things I bought in Denver and the small store downstairs so I could enjoy breakfast in my room. Bed was comfortable and the place was quiet. Free parking was inside a heated garage!
Now the negatives: The temperature in the hallway was about 80 degrees, way too hot. The elevator and the laundry room needed a GOOD cleaning. The small store could use a professional touch. Pack your towel for the hot tub, none available. Like I said earlier my complaints are minimal.
I gave the place 'above average' because it exceeded my expectations for the price I will stay every time I go to Keystone.

• Liked — Location and price
  • Disliked — No front desk.
  • Tips/Secrets — Buy lift tickets in Denver before going to the resort to save money.
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled solo
19 Thank Spiffy-travels
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2006

The Gateway Mountain Lodge condo was a great value. My husband and I stayed for 5 nights and it more than met our expectations for the price. We had an efficiency condo. It was equiped with a very large room, sitting area and kitchenette with microwave and refrigerator. The kitchen was also stocked with all of the necessary cooking utensils and plates, glasses, etc. The only disappointing thing was the hot tub was kept at a temperature that you could only stand for about 10 minutes. We also had a great view of Keystone mountain that we were not expecting. There was a little grocery/liquor store in the building along with a few restaurants we did not try. The best restaurant in Keystone for Asian food (Sushi, Chinese or Thai) is Bamboo Garden in Silverthorne. It was modestly priced and GREAT food. My husband and I are Vegan so we end up eating a lot at Asian restaurants because they offer so many vegetarian dishes. This was one of the best we had been to anywhere and we travel quite a bit. Keystone is a great mountain for the long groomed intermediate runs. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2006