“Unit 5981”
Review of Hidden River Lodge

Hidden River Lodge
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I know many of the units in this resort are managed by different companies, so my review is specifically for Unit 5981. When we arrived, we were very pleased with the layout of the unit and its cleanliness. The beds are surprisingly comfortable. The unit has wireless internet and Comcast cable, accessible on the tv's in all three rooms. The living area has a flat screen tv and DVD player. For some reason, while we watched dvd's, the sound kept fluctuating on the tv, so I had to keep the remote in my hand through the whole show to constantly fix the volume.
The cookware leaves something to be desired. The kitchen is stocked with minimal pieces, and most are not non-stick. I had to be careful with some of the things I cooked. If you plan to make anything for a large group, I suggest bringing along your own pans or casserole dish. There was, however, plenty of dishes, silverware, and drinkware.
The view from the unit is fantastic, overlooking the ski resort and river. However the unit is directly above the resort hot tubs. The proximity to the hot tubs was a bit of a problem on the last two nights, when a number of guests decided to ignore the posted hours and used the hot tubs, talking at the top of their lungs. On our last night, I had to go out on the balcony at 1:30 am to signal to these inconsiderate hot-tubbers that I was not pleased with them.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Chaaluna

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This place was pretty good. We stayed for 4 nights with 12 people and this place was big enough. We didn't feel cramped. The bathrooms and rooms were decent sized. The kitchen area was very nice. Everything was very clean when we got there. The balcony in the back has a nice view of the right side(Mountain House loop side).

The location was okay. They had a free shuttle which helped out a lot. This is a medium walk to get to the closest lifts. You walk over two bridges with go over the creek which is a nice view. This is not the main River Run area but you are close to the ski school and bunny lifts and you can take a lift then go down the mountain to get to the River Run Gondola and River Run area.You have to call the shuttle to go to any of the restaurants or bars. You can also drive about 15 min. to Dillon, CO which is a nice sized town with a grocery store and plenty of places to rent and eat.
There is also grills that you can use out by the two hot tubs, but there is no pool. There is a nice pool table in the upstairs of the lobby but the fitness center was not very good. Small machine that does't seem to work right.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank colton99
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We rented through Keystone Resorts and stayed at unit 5969. It is a two bedroom condo, with a pull-out sofa in the living room. There were 3 adults and 3 kids in our party, and there was plenty of space for everyone. The room had wi-fi, Smart TVs in each room, two bathrooms, plenty of storage for clothes and a beautiful view of the mountain.

Kitchen had all the amenities you need to cook, and we used it a lot, including a quick lunch break (which was much cheaper and quicker than getting a bite on the mountain).

The best thing about the lodge is the price and proximity to the mountain base area. Even with 3 young kids, our walk to the base didn't take more than 7 minutes. The lockers in the garage are nice for storing skis, and we actually left our boots in the cars - since the garage is heated.

The only thing that could be better about the condo is the location of the hot tubs, but that's pretty minor compared to all the other positive things. You have to walk outside about 30 meters to get to the hot tub area from the lobby, and with temperatures in the 10's - it is a bit chilly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank levinius
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We rented a 2bdrm 2 bath condo at Hidden River over Thanksgiving and it was awful. I don't even know where to start.

Cobwebs everywhere
Dirty carpets
Bugs on pillow when turned it over
So much dust everywhere we all had horrible allergies. It was an inch thick under the bed.
Rusty silverware and pans
Dirty dishes in cupboard
Stove didn't work
The entire building is all outdated and dirty
I suppose it's walking distance if you want a good workout, def. not convenient with kids and only one way in and out - not very accessible
The condo was so cramped and poorly rearranged. We tried to move stuff around to get a little space and underneath the furniture was horrific.
Furniture was miserably uncomfortable; when my husband and I tried to sit on the only couch together it bent in the middle and sunk.

Honestly this place was just so GROSS and uncomfortable don't stay here. I doubt the bedding was clean and the carpets were also dirty. There was so much dust, dirt and cobwebs we may as well have been sleeping outside. They do not clean these places at all.

If you are booking this place make sure it's not the units through the Keystone Resort!! Yuck.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Junebug312
Jennifer A, Manager at Hidden River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to offer my apologies for the trouble you experienced during your holiday with us here in Keystone. I want you to know that we typically hold ourselves to much higher standards than that which you experienced during your stay. We have taken your comments very seriously and corrected the deficiencies you mentioned and used this as a training opportunity for our staff. I would welcome the opportunity to personally discuss your experience in further detail and invite you to contact my office at 970-496-4155. Thank you again for your candid feedback and I look forward to speaking with you. Keystone is a great mountain with so many fantastic year-round activities, so I hope you will return.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were quite happy with our stay at the Hidden River Lodge. The condo was nice, our only real complaint was that there is a skylight in master bed room right over the bed with no blinds. We had a balcony that overlooked the stream which was really nice.

I would have given this 4 stars if I hadn't been duped by the management company. We called the management company to inquire about a groupon deal and they told us the total would be $117. Turns out, that $117 was a cleaning and processing fee ON TOP of the $99 groupon. Also, their checkin process and instructions were horrible. After all that, we won't ever stay with this company again.

Room Tip: They have groupon deals, but make sure you READ THE FINE PRINT. They tack on a $99 cleaning fee.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank serff
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here for 5 days in March. We wanted to be close to the slopes, but not necessarily pay a ton of money to stay right at the base of the mountain. Facility itself is nice--garage parking, a common meeting area, limited fitness equipment, patios overlooking the mountain, and two hot tubs. There are ski lockers in the garage and wagons to carry everything over to mountain house. It is only about a 5 minute walk to the base of the slope. We rented a basket for $8 every day and left our skis and boots at Mountain House and walked back to the room for lunch. The room it self was comfortable and well-equipped--TV's in every room, wi-fi, most appliances needed to cook. The room came with plenty of soaps, towels, dishwashing detergent, etc. My only complaints are the room was a little dated, the cooking pans, etc., need replaced, the beds weren't very comfortable, and the old TV in the family room was sitting too high to see the screen very well. I would also add flat panel TV's and make the wi-fi faster...it was very slow. Lastly, we had a back up in the sink and guest services was very quick to fix the issue. All in all, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joshb2j
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Perfect location. We walked over to the slopes and the wagon really was nice. Shuttle service will take you anywhere that you want to go also. It was a great trip and we really enjoyed it. We stayed in a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom unit and it worked great for 2 couples.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends