“Delightful and charming”
Review of Ski Tip Lodge

Ski Tip Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Keystone B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 20, 2010

My husband and I just visited Ski Tip for the 3rd year in a row. We love this place and are dedicated to returning each year on the same weekend. Last year, we got engaged up there and when we checked in this year, the staff remembered us! It is such a friendly environment- everyone is so terrific. We were able to book our favorite room and spend our evenings together by the fireplace. Last year we had dinner at the Lodge and it was exceptional.
This place is so romantic and it's so easy to sleep there. I always finish the weekend feeling refreshed- however I never want to leave! The breakfasts are always delicious and there is hot tub at the Ski Tip Ranch available for use. My husband and I will continue to visit year after year.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ajbauer29
There are newer reviews for Ski Tip Lodge

Reviewed August 24, 2010

The Ski Tip Lodge is as close to a gasthaus experience you'll find in the Rocky Mountains. Cozy and comfortable with a world class restaurant, this lodge is perfect for a quiet get -away albeit with wi-fi. Schedule your visit around their monthly dinner special and you can savor the wine tasting opportunities without worry.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank redrosesue
Reviewed January 25, 2010

The breakfasts were incredible as well as the afternoon tea and homeade treats. The staff is wonderful, the room was comfortable, the atmosphere was social and delightful. If you have an opportunity to stay here, you won't be disappointed. The restaurant is also excellent for dinner.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LorraineNy
Reviewed December 30, 2009

The Ski Tip Lodge reminded my husband and I of our recent trip to Austria. It is the essence of rustic elegance. The Lodge is built around an old log cabin and is rich in history. Bridget, who checked us in, showed us around and gave us a brief history. She, like all of the staff we encountered, was very friendly and helpful. We had an unforgettable dinner in the Lodge's upscale restaurant. It is pricey, at $69.00 per person. That is for a 4 course pre-fixed dinner,excluding liquor and gratuity and Keystone service charge. Our total bill was $225.00, but we were celebrating a special occasion so it was worth it. We had dessert and coffee in the library, in front of a roaring fire. The Lodge is very comfy and romantic. After a day of snowshoeing, we sat by the big picture window in the library in overstuffed chairs, and drank tea and read. This place is a real find. We did not find noise to be an issue at all and our room was directly over the restaurant. We will definitely go back to this B & B gem.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sappel54
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I realized that I never wrote a review for my stay at Ski Tip and I feel terrible because it was absolutely wonderful. I found Ski Tip via the internet (and then realized later it was also recommended in 5280 magazine) and my bf and I were looking for a short romantic getaway and this definitely fit the bill. The room was so cute and cozy and although we slept in past the breakfast, there were leftovers and the staff told us to help ourselves. We had the place nearly to ourselves and sat by the fireplace both nights. It was wonderful. My BF and I both decided that it should be an annual trip!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ajbauer29
Reviewed March 7, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Ski Tip Lodge while skiing in Keystone in late February 2009. Before booking our vacation, we did our homework by reading all of the online reviews and were excited to have found this place. Upon arriving, we were greeted by Cindy Burkart, General Manager. She showed us to our room and although it was small, we were fine with that because we knew that we were staying at a B&B, not a large hotel. Overall, our first impressions were great. The common areas were charming and inviting. The breakfasts were incredible and the staff was very courteous.

Our problems began on the third night of our four-night stay. Apparently, the Ski Tip Lodge is not only a Bed & Breakfast, it is also a dinner restaurant and the bedrooms are located above the dining area, the bar and the other common area. Adding to the problem is the obvious lack of insulation/noise isolation in the walls and floors. We tolerated the noise the third night until around 10:30 p.m. when I went downstairs and asked that the music be turned off. (The dinner guests had already left but the music was still on.)

The fourth (and our final) night, the noise level was absolutely ridiculous. My wife and I went to bed at 10:00 p.m. because we had to wake up around 5:00 the next morning in order to drive to Denver International Airport and catch our flight home (Florida). While laying in bed, we could not just hear the rumble of people talking and laughing downstairs, we could actually follow people's conversations. Yes, it was that loud! (Again, all of the rooms to our knowledge are located above the dining room, the bar and the other common area.) It didn't take long before I went downstairs to speak with Cindy Burkart, GM who was on duty that evening. She informed me that the music had been turned off but that "the dinner guests bought out the restaurant for the evening" and she couldn't ask them to leave. I argued that I had paid for a room with the expectation that I would be able to go to sleep. I asked her if she honestly believed that that was an acceptable noise level for a "hotel" and her response was "Yes." I was shocked! I asked her what time my wife and I could expect some reasonable level of quiet so we could go to sleep. She said that the guests had bought out the restaurant until 11:00 p.m. but that if they wanted to stay past that time, she was not going to ask them to leave.

To make a long story short, my wife and I ended up packing our bags and leaving the Ski Tip Lodge that evening very disappointed guests. We left the STL at 10:45 p.m. and drove to Denver, where we checked into an Embassy Suites near the airport for the same cost as the STL and it was actually quiet!

It was a disappointing end to an otherwise wonderful trip. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT THE STAFF AT THE SKI TIP LODGE MAKE A DECISION ON WHO/WHAT THEY WANT TO BE. DO THEY WANT TO BE A BAR/RESTAURANT OR A BED AND BREAKFAST? Clearly, they are incapable of doing both well. They will either upset dinner guests or hotel guests and it's clear, based on our stay, who they are willing to upset. If you are expecting a solid night's sleep, I would not recommend the Ski Tip Lodge.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
9  Thank rcd1400
Reviewed February 1, 2009

Having recently stayed at the Ski Tip Lodge, I feel compelled to write a review on the quaint place since I enjoyed my stay so much. My boyfriend and I went up to Keystone for three days of skiing. I found out about the lodge via browsing the Internet and was immediately attracted to its charm. I read through some of the reviews on here and of course there were a couple that were not so great but mainly positive and praising reflections. Well I must say, I was not disappointed in the least. As a matter of fact, I fell in love with the place. It's rustic and original look and feel reminded me of when I was a child and my parents took us children to Austria where we stayed in log cabin type lodges like this one. The room was small and cozy and had everything we needed. I especially liked the bed linens. Very nice quality and the mattress was comfy as well. The bathroom was clean and had a brand new very nice tub and shower. With the snow piled high outside it was a cozy nest. The rooms can get a bit warm so opening a window helps. A warm wood fire was burning in each of the two commons areas and the antique and charming furnishings made us feel like we stepped back in time (I kind of expected Spencer Tracy to walk through the door). Every day during tea time they served delicious sweet treats and hot beverages. All the meals were superb, especially the four course dinner with one dish more delicious than the other (and I have enjoyed some darn fine meals in my life). During our stay we learned about the history of the lodge and the fascinating couple that owned it and how they were instrumental in making Keystone what it is today. The staff was as kind and attentive as can be. I felt like I wanted to hug somebody when we left. I cannot wait to visit again. The price was reasonable (we did go after the holidays in late January and I found an Internet special). If you need a TV, Wi-Fi, and luxury hotel accommodations, this place is not for you. But if you appreciate an enchanting, memorable, clean and comfortable experience you might love the Ski Tip Lodge as much as we did. :-)

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank marmot_66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keystone
Keystone Lodge & Spa
#2 of 6 in Keystone
Lakeside Village
Lakeside Village
#2 of 32 in Keystone

Been to Ski Tip Lodge? Share your experiences!