“My First Endo”

Keystone Ski Area
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Keystone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Extensive terrain covering three mountains offers a wide variety of trails for skiers plus other activities including snowshoeing, tubing, ice skating and snowboarding.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

On our annual road trip we made a point to get in some mountain biking at Keystone Ski area. We bought our all day lift passes for a reasonable price and headed up the mountain. I was surprised how HIGH up the mountain the lift takes you!!! The resort offers a large number of trails to chose from ranging from the fairly easy green trails all the way to double black diamond. After feeling a little to confident I headed down a moderate trail only to end up doing an impressive flip over my handle bars. Thankfully the resort also has a first aid station at the bottom of the mt and the nurse on duty that day was amazing. Overall everyone I encountered working at Keystone was friendly and helpful and even though I crashed on my first run down It was still worth the money and the trip!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Keystone seems to prefer Bicycles to Runners, while in town for the July 22 1/2 Marathon Event we couldn't help but notice security on the mall Saturday afternoon keeping bikes off the mall and absent Sunday during the 1/2 Marathon Event. The race was a joke with Runners bumping into bicycles on the final stretch to the finishline on the mall of this event, no security even after several calls for help!

We will be staying away from Keystone in the future, too many Bicycles & Skateboards on the sidewalks/mall. Management should know better than to rent bikes where everyone walks and where special events are held. Plus to hold special events and not have security, well that's just plain amateur.

We booked a room in Keystone for this event, and drove many miles to be in Keystone on Sunday morning!

Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Although the air was hazy (supposedly from wildfires) the ride to the top was fantastic so much so we did it twice. Was surprised to be approached by someone asking us survey questions but we put him to work taking pictures of us. The second trip up was different in that we noticed some folks tubing which was fun,educational, and interesting. The staff there was friendly and polite.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

The Keystone Ski Resort is a good place to stay and ski although we found it to be a bit too expensive and not enough slopes for beginners like us.

1  Thank Brodyaga
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I hate going here and only do when my out-of-state friends make the mistake of staying here. Far-out parking starts your experience. Then there are the lines. Then the icey slopes that remain open and unmarked. Slopes are incredibly over-rated -- I've been skiing for over 50 years and I know a Black slope. Getting to the Out Back for truly challenging slopes is a painful experience with a south-facing, solid-ice trail to get to the lifts -- this is based on more than one experience. YUCK!

2  Thank Pete k