“Wonderful resort!!!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Keystone
Metro Detroit, MI
“Wonderful resort!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Inn at Keystone from July 31 - August 3. It was during the slow season which made availability and price go hand in hand. We stayed in room 634 which is the top level of the hotel. The room had beautiful views of the mountain and river. (I have attached pictures). This huge room also included a hot tub, couch, refridgerator, desk, and 2 televisions. The only thing that I could think of that Keystone could have added was a microwave.

Keystone Resort in the summer was perfect for those who want a different type of getaway, rather than a beach-type resort. There was plenty of acitivities to keep both kids and adults busy during their stay (many were free or at a very reasonable price). We went whitewater rafting on the Arkansas River (the Numbers), took an eco-hike on Mt. Dercum, and rode bikes on the local paths. All were a great experience. We also did a free wine tasting where the wine ran plenty for an hour and a half.

We also dined at a few of the local restaraunts: Paisano's, The Summit Seafood Co., and Inxpot. The Summit Seafood Co. is on the main level of The Inn at Keystone. The resort lists it as a casual dining experience, but I would rank it a little higher. The seafood was phenominal! Paisano's was a little more casual and served excellent Italian food. Inxpot was a breakfast and lunch restaraunt with a very cozy environment. Food was a little pricey, especially at Inxpot, but should be expected as this is a resort community.

We definaltely plan on returning to Keystone. There is so much more to do that we just didn't have time to do.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank tprkolbas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 27, 2005

I am a 26 year old traveler that was looking to ski at Keystone without staying at an expensive resort. The website is a little misleading about the location - yes it is close to the lifts, but I wouldn't be walking there with all my gear. Instead, it was a 2 sec drive - and I feel worth it to pay a little less. The hotel was nice; a standard, every-town hotel. There are 3 hot tubs outside which were pretty awesome after skiing. Also, next door is The Goat, an infamous skier/snowboarder bar that we spent a fun night out at. Also, the bar in the hotel offers some great drinks! I would definately go back if travelling on a budget.

• Stayed April 2005
4 Thank kmcbride1979
Columbus OH
Reviewed March 4, 2005

Our family of 5 stayed at the Keystone Inn 2/17-2/21. Comfortable rooms/ver y clean/friendly staff! Location is great -short walk to the mountain house base ski lifts and the inn has lockers for storing skis/boots. Very nice breakfast buffet that while not "cheap" is reasonably priced. (and I must admit the wait staff always undercharged my family-ie didnt charge all of us for the"full buffet" ) We enjoyed the hot tubs and spectacular views. In summary, this isn't the Ritz but it is very nice/a good value and the location can't be beat!!

• Stayed February 2005
5 Thank David B
Reviewed January 9, 2005

We stayed at the Inn in Dec. for three nights. They accomodated us with an early check-in (9am) which was great since we wanted to ski on our day of arrival. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. Our room (1 bed suite) was spacious and had floor to ceiling windows with a view of the slopes. It was about a 5 min walk to the slopes (more than we are used to) or a shuttle is available. I don't think you can find a better buy for the budget minded at keystone. I just booked another couple nights at the Inn prior to a condo stay in Breck for a week of skiing in Feb.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 26, 2004

We stayed here in 2003 and it was one of the best values and places that I have stayed in any "resort town." I have been on a mountain every year for the last 18 years of my life. I have seen several places, hotels, condo, resorts and lodges. This one has to be the best value. It is only a short walk to the lifts. The cleaning crew was amazing and kept our room in the best shape. And trust me, we can make a mess. The 2 hot tubs on the roof provide a great view of the mountain, especially when night skiing/riding lights are on. I recomend this place to anyone that asks, unless its the week I am going... I don't want the mountain busy when I go!!!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 9, 2004

Great place to stay. I booked through a travel agent/ internet site, they were extremely nice an upgraded me to a suite without asking and for no additional charge (visited Feb. 17, 2004 for 5 nights) Foung the room to be very nice, up to date with a fantastic view of the mountain lift areas. Very nice restaurant and bar area, small & quiet. Parking is free, staff is very accomodating to assist in finding a space. Other nice lounge and restaurants are nearby, but this is a cozy burg and not a Breckenridge (yet) The price was fantastic, even in peak ski season.
This will be my go-to hotel choice on future trips. Note this is the "Inn at Keystone", not the "Keystone Lodge".

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 5, 2004

Quality property, conveniently located in the heart of Keystone. 400 yards from Mountain House base ski area and about 0.75 miles from the River Run base ski area. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Room decor is up to date and very clean. Views of mountain are beautiful.
Parking can be tight later in the evening. Good balance between quality and price. Expect a pleasant stay.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keystone
Keystone Lodge & Spa
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
Comfort Suites Dillon
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center

Been to Inn at Keystone? Share your experiences!